Sensible Debate On Chairmen of Football Clubs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sensible Debate On Chairmen of Football Clubs

I see the Wigan chairman Dave Whelan lets Steve Bruce get on with it, but some other chairmen do go into the dressing room or even have strong views on players.

I suspect Dexter's face does not fit and that in my view can only be down to one man. Sousa has played Blackstock and I don't think he played that badly. I can see the reaction of Flavio when De Carmine scores (twice this season), yet when Dexter scores he hardly moves.

At a guess, I reckon because Dexter like a laugh and is young kid at heart his face does not fit. We can talk about the merits all day about his movement and his lack of goals, but the fact remains he is our top scorer.

To what extent should the owners have input on players/formations and not liking a particular player?
    ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
    THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Who knows?

They dont get involved at Middlesbrough and look at them now? Abramovich did at Chelsea and they fell apart? They don't at Man Yoo and look how well they're doing?

I think there's no rhyme or reason to it.

All I know is a football chairman shouldnt be fat.

Never in the history of modern football has a club succeeded with someone who likes cake too much.
    Running the London Marathon for the Down's Syndrome Association....

Visit my charity page here

Comment

None, it undermines the manager and coaching staff - Only one Premier League chairman who routinely goes into the dressing room week in week out to my knowledge. Owns a corner shop in Knightsbridge, doesn't have passport and doesn't like Greek Phil

Comment

Fulham, ain;t doing that bad?
        ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
        THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

well if the sale of dexter is partly financing a massive financial outlay on a couple of goalscorers i supposed we are all happy

Comment

I was under the impression that most on this board were happy to follow the European approach of running a football club. Directors choosing what players come and go and the manager (coach) just training the first team.

Does anyone actually know for sure it wasn't Sousa's decision?

Comment

well

good idea lets blame sousa
              he spends far too much time in the boozer
              thats why hes such a loser

Comment

Good point 'NewCross'. Why is it PS's fault that DB has left and not GP's?

GP is the 'Chairman', 'Sporting Director' and by all accounts the man who brings in the players who he wants (as PS has no idea what-so-ever about the Championship), regarless of the fact he has no actual footballing background (being an agent is no qualification), yet it is PS who is at fault?

Clarification on what exactly GP does would be nice, don't you think?

Comment

Didn't John Gregory quite like cake? Maybe not gateau like Flav, but perhaps a bit of carrot cake or some such.

Comment

blackmafia
                    i was surprise that gp name was not mention on db affair
                    so gp peak the team make tea drive the coach sign contract open doors for fb-be
                    weather forecast etc-etc
                    have a nice day

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
                      I see the Wigan chairman Dave Whelan lets Steve Bruce get on with it, but some other chairmen do go into the dressing room or even have strong views on players.

I suspect Dexter's face does not fit and that in my view can only be down to one man. Sousa has played Blackstock and I don't think he played that badly. I can see the reaction of Flavio when De Carmine scores (twice this season), yet when Dexter scores he hardly moves.

At a guess, I reckon because Dexter like a laugh and is young kid at heart his face does not fit. We can talk about the merits all day about his movement and his lack of goals, but the fact remains he is our top scorer.

To what extent should the owners have input on players/formations and not liking a particular player?
                      If you are talking about Chairmen of clubs why are you talking about Flavio as Scott keeps saying GP is the chairman of the football club?
                      A message to the other Premier League clubs when they visit Loftus Road.....

"NUESTRA GLORIA, VUESTRO INFIERNO"

(If you don't understand it, then learn Spanish. It is the language of world football.....)

Comment

They're both Chairmen - just of different QPRs

Comment

now look here gentlemen gianni is qpr and qpr is gianni so lets pick on sousa
                          he dropped dexter for three months then having destroyed his confidence got rid of him

Comment

There is only one QPR FC and according to Scott GP is the chairman of QPR FC
                            its New Era number 8 i tell thee, bring on the fireworks

Comment

Originally posted by PeterG View Post
                              There is only one QPR FC and according to Scott GP is the chairman of QPR FC

Well, he was in the takeover documents and is with the FA and FL.

Flavio is Chairman of QPR Holdings

Comment

Working...
                              X