Goodbye briatore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think you guys are being silly...

Your all so keen now to get rid of Flavio, and who else is there to buy a small little club that just about gets 13,000, looses money every day, in the worst part of W12, with the most unmodern stadium??

Come on! The problem you have is that you expected promotion straight away the following season, Flavio & Co did point out that it was a 4 year plan so why not wait and see how we progess until then? Crazy...

Also there wouldn't be a QPR as it defiantely would had gone bust and you'd have to start again as AFC wimbledon....

All clubs now have rich owners, so why not us? move on with the times or get left behind, and look what happened last time, we had 10 years+ misery...

Comment

Originally posted by ScottJones View Post
      Any reason why BP waited till we were about to go into admin before he tabled his dirt cheap bid?

As he's a businessman - I get fed up of all this BP is a Ranger business. He's a moneyman first and a supporter afters. Nought wrong with that, just a fact of life/QPR.

To try and save the club Scott, they could only stave off admin for about a year.

In the meantime, other investers would have had to be found.
      They seek him here.................

Comment

Originally posted by ScottJones View Post
        Any reason why BP waited till we were about to go into admin before he tabled his dirt cheap bid?

As he's a businessman - I get fed up of all this BP is a Ranger business. He's a moneyman first and a supporter afters. Nought wrong with that, just a fact of life/QPR.
        He didn't table a bid Scott - He walked away mentioning he couldn't compete with Briatore. I doubt whether the club would have gone into admin at that point. Caliendo and Zanotti had far too much to lose and others were hovering.

Comment

Originally posted by Nodge70 View Post
          He didn't table a bid Scott - He walked away mentioning he couldn't compete with Briatore. I doubt whether the club would have gone into admin at that point. Caliendo and Zanotti had far too much to lose and others were hovering.

Makes you wonder though?

Briatore vs. Power....who would have been better

An egotistical perma tanned nutter who moves in "rich" cricles or a local lad with a couple of quid who loves cake too much
          Running the London Marathon for the Down's Syndrome Association....

Visit my charity page here

Comment

Agreed, without him where would we be????

Comment

Flavio Briatore, he possesses all the charm of a toilet that's been blocked for 10 years but has still been in constant use.
              Bugger off, Flabio, I personally don't mind too much in what division I watch the Rangers, just so long as I can afford it.
              Premiership prices for Championship football = Rip-off.

Comment

I kind of hopes Flavio pulls the plug on QPR just to show all those calling for him to leave how stupid they are.

Toys are flying out the pram, but it's not Flavio who's throwing them. It's the supporters.

Comment

I'm not even sure why i am even bothering to actually write anything, as it seems now you are only welcome if you #### off the owners.
                  Who in their right mind would want to take over this club or probably any other football club because unless you win game after game you will get castegated by the fans. The economics are quite simple if we want success we will have to pay a bit for it, as we don't have the fans base that Birmingham, Sheff Utd, Wolves etc etc have enabling them to fund season ticket decreases 13,000 isn't going to pay very much in the wages demand football now offers.
                  You don't have to like Flavio or Bernie or Ahmir they now run our club and we are in the top half of the Championship, so not instant success but a definate improvement, we are in a much better state than we were 3 years ago.
                  So what is the fans problem we have a stable financial base but are being asked to pay a bit more to help finance that, seems pretty fair to me. football has changed since Rangers were last in the Premiership, not all for the good but we are all to blame for this, with Sky etc
                  If we want to get old rivalrys going again with Chelsea, Arsenal, West Ham etc it is going to cost us more, that unfortunately is fact and we will need the likes of Briatorie, Bernie or Ahmit to help fund it otherwise we are going to drift away like many others are already doing.
                  If that is what you want then carry on pushing the owners away as they will eventually'throw their toys out' and bail out but just ask who will want to take it on, 13,000 crowds and criticism from the first season if you don't get the club up, there won't be many takers.
                  Not really sure what some of you expect and it isn't just FB throwing his toys out the pram, a lot of you are doing exactly the same !

Comment

Well said Kit.

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post
                      Without him would we be fighting for 6th spot this year?

My understanding was that QPR were going to go bust a few hours before he signed!

Things can only get better and give them a chance, how people want everything in 1 year is beyond me.
                      How much longer do you and qblock want us to kiss his backside ? Many clubs are taken over when they are in trouble, that doesn't require the fans to accept any crap that is served up to them !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you want to pucker your lips that's up to you but don't expect the rest of us to follow.

Comment

Goodbye Briatore

Like it or not, without Briatore we would have been well and truly stuffed. If he walks as a result of all the abuse and the Mittals don't buy the bulk of the shares its goodbye QPR, not goodbye Briatore!

Comment

Originally posted by rangersroar View Post
                          How much longer do you and qblock want us to kiss his backside ? Many clubs are taken over when they are in trouble, that doesn't require the fans to accept any crap that is served up to them !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you want to pucker your lips that's up to you but don't expect the rest of us to follow.

With fans like you matey we won't have a club to support for much longer, a typical response from so called QPR supporters, all you want is trouble, if we were top of the league you wouldn't be happy. Keep pushing because you will get your wish soooner or later because football clubs are going to start crashing out of business very very soon as the economics don't add up, and without people like Briatorie we will crash out too, you then won't have anything to moan about and we won't have any bodies arses to kiss.

Comment

Kit,

agree.

Its kinda difficult, because we are being asked to pay extra. In the current climate, thats difficult. On the other hand, last season 3 clubs had points docked because of administration and many more will follow this season.

Whose to say BP would have found investors within a year? We certainly would not have the calibre of players we have now and we would probabaly be arguing about the other side of things, what a good price it was/but what a c.rap football team.

Its hard to have your cake and eat it.
                            ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
                            THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post
                              I'm not even sure why i am even bothering to actually write anything, as it seems now you are only welcome if you #### off the owners.
                              Who in their right mind would want to take over this club or probably any other football club because unless you win game after game you will get castegated by the fans. The economics are quite simple if we want success we will have to pay a bit for it, as we don't have the fans base that Birmingham, Sheff Utd, Wolves etc etc have enabling them to fund season ticket decreases 13,000 isn't going to pay very much in the wages demand football now offers.
                              You don't have to like Flavio or Bernie or Ahmir they now run our club and we are in the top half of the Championship, so not instant success but a definate improvement, we are in a much better state than we were 3 years ago.
                              So what is the fans problem we have a stable financial base but are being asked to pay a bit more to help finance that, seems pretty fair to me. football has changed since Rangers were last in the Premiership, not all for the good but we are all to blame for this, with Sky etc
                              If we want to get old rivalrys going again with Chelsea, Arsenal, West Ham etc it is going to cost us more, that unfortunately is fact and we will need the likes of Briatorie, Bernie or Ahmit to help fund it otherwise we are going to drift away like many others are already doing.
                              If that is what you want then carry on pushing the owners away as they will eventually'throw their toys out' and bail out but just ask who will want to take it on, 13,000 crowds and criticism from the first season if you don't get the club up, there won't be many takers.
                              Not really sure what some of you expect and it isn't just FB throwing his toys out the pram, a lot of you are doing exactly the same !
                              Well said and football has changed and we have to accept that as fans. I don't like it just as the next fan but to get to the top with the others this is the only route.

Comment

Working...
                              X