Hi everyone, 1st post, Lee Cook...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi everyone, 1st post, Lee Cook...

Hi everyone, after the game on saturday me and mate popped into the little tappas bar at Hammersmith station (which could be a laugh with more r's in it) for a few 'quiet' ones, and after an hour or so of san miguel fueled debate we entered into a rather long and drawn out conversation/arguement regarding Lee Cook.
    My friend argued that he was just plainly not good enough to be in the first team anymore and that his performances this season reinforced that opinion. He also pointed out that Cookie cannot and will not defend or challenge for anything in the air.
    My view on this was, granted, he hasn't been good enough this year, but maybe its because the majority of his dangerous deliveries from the wing have been pointless as we've played one up front and therefore removed a target from the box?
    Also with the 4-5-1 formation, I dont really think that the 2 wingers have to track back and have probably been told not to. In favour of them then becoming outlets in the event of a possible counter attack?
    I'd be interested in hearing a few views on this, apologies for the length of this post, put it down to first post excitement.

Cheers.

Forever Queens Park Rangers.

Welcome.

IMO, Cook hasnt been as bad as people like to make out, and far to much is expected from him. Although I do agree some of his performances have been poor, but whos havent??

Comment

Maybe he isn't good enough for where we want to be?? Maybe he stood out when he was with us before because of the rubbish we had in the team??
      @chrisrobson9

Comment

And maybe the reason he stood out was the fact that his deliveries contributed to a fair few goals throughout the last few seasons, when he had more than one target to aim at?

Comment

Originally posted by w12chris View Post
          Maybe he isn't good enough for where we want to be?? Maybe he stood out when he was with us before because of the rubbish we had in the team??
          That doesnt wash im afraid, he wasnt just the best player in our "poor" side, he was 90% of the time the best player on the park, no matter who we played.

Comment

Well, I just think that its a waste having someone with cooks ability to whip in several perfect crosses per game, when you have Di Carmine, Helguson or an out of sorts Blackstock up front on their own. But I suppose you cant change a whole system to accomodate one player.

Comment

my opinion is cook has been below his best and below par for our team... he needs to take a leaf out of ramages book, go away train hard wait for his chance and come back strong.

i dont hate cook, i have never been a follower as such, but cook has it in his locker, would just like to see him produce it.

id like to say id want cook in our squad next year, but at his current performance levels there are a lot of other players playing better than him.
              Soldier: "im on reconnaissance sir.. im looking for our camouflage expert.. have you seen him?"
              Lovejoy: "No?!"
              Soldier: "GOD DAMNIT THAT GUYS GOOD!"

Please Follow My Twitter

Comment

below his best, but saw signs especially against Cardiff. Out for the whole season does take an affect, but he played a lovely ball to Delaney to set up the goal on Saturday.

I guess, the tinkering of playing him in a diamond never suited him either. He is young and we have definitely not seen the best of him. I'd expect better next season.
                ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
                THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Way below how he performed before he went to Fulham but I am sure he will come good.

Lee gets away with alot on the basis that he is one of us Alberti has not been quite so lucky which is a bit unfair.
                  http://www.facebook.com/pages/1882QP...5398272?ref=ts

Comment

Working...
                  X