Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flavio to Decide On Sousa/ End Of Season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flavio to Decide On Sousa/ End Of Season?

By Alessandro Poggi

March 23 (Bloomberg) -- Paulo Sousa’s tenure at Queens Park Rangers may be in doubt after the soccer club’s co-owner Flavio Briatore said the coach’s fate will be decided at the end of the season.

More...
    Last edited by qblockpete; 23-03-2009, 08:18 PM. Reason: QPR Coach Sousa’s Fate Decided at End of Season, Briatore Says
    ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
    THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

CheersPete good read. I hope we give him time.
    @chrisrobson9

Comment

if we continue in this fashion we aint gonna get no where fast

2 managers a season aint good for no one

Comment

Mitta said way back in october that failure to make the play offs would be a big disapointment,that was their expectation,well thats not going to happen,so could that lead to Sousa's head,maybe!

Comment

Get Rid & lets go bk to basics

Comment

Originally posted by Ric-Roc View Post
            Get Rid & lets go bk to basics
            Think that would be a big mistake. Yes he has made mistakes but he is only a few months into his first job a manager. Give him time. He looks and talks the part. I still believe we have a gem in the making, a real up and coming manager that could grow with the club.
            Sack him and then what?
            Who a) would want the job b)would put up with Flavio c)would we end up with

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDROG View Post
              Think that would be a big mistake. Yes he has made mistakes but he is only a few months into his first job a manager. Give him time. He looks and talks the part. I still believe we have a gem in the making, a real up and coming manager that could grow with the club.
              Sack him and then what?
              Who a) would want the job b)would put up with Flavio c)would we end up with

Totally agree.
              They seek him here.................

Comment

Looking at the last two performances,I reckon it's all academic anyway,as we are on course to have a very strong finish to the season,the form of Lopez and Taarabt,the returning Vine,and a new spirit around the place-we will almost certainly just miss-out on the play-offs-but a run of wins between now and May would make it very difficult for Briatore to sack Soussa.

Comment

We cannot keep on sacking managers as soon as a few results dont go our way, i wish they would stand by the man they have choosen as this constant instability cant be good for anyone involved

Comment

The only thing I would say and this is no-way a reflection on Paulo Sousa, but the argument " we cannot get rid of managers so quickly", doesn't work for me. If they are good, you keep them. I've already said his inexperience cost us at the most vital time. Saying that, a strong finish to the season, would vindicate the fans who say to give him a chance.

I'd much rather be going into next season, on the back of good wins and by at least finishing strongly would show the players are actually behind him. It can also be argued the players have let us down as well, but I'm a great believer if you keep changing formations you are not going to get any stability. In my view, Sousa did tinker at the wrong time, but hopefully we have turned the corner.
                    ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
                    THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
                      The only thing I would say and this is no-way a reflection on Paulo Sousa, but the argument " we cannot get rid of managers so quickly", doesn't work for me. If they are good, you keep them. I've already said his inexperience cost us at the most vital time. Saying that, a strong finish to the season, would vindicate the fans who say to give him a chance.

I'd much rather be going into next season, on the back of good wins and by at least finishing strongly would show the players are actually behind him. It can also be argued the players have let us down as well, but I'm a great believer if you keep changing formations you are not going to get any stability. In my view, Sousa did tinker at the wrong time, but hopefully we have turned the corner.
                      Blimey,Pete,I am agreeing with most of that!!!!

Paolo Sousa's Blue and White Army!!

Comment

Qprdrog sums it up, no manager with any pedigree would touch us if Sousa was to be sacked. The postition would become an ejector seat with the trigger happy Briatore pushing the button after every 20 odd games. We are crying out for a bit of STABILITY.

Say we bring in another manager, he'll need his interim period where he tinkers to work out his best formation/players, then if the results don't immediatley go his way, he is removed and the cycle repeats itself.

IMO Sousa has shown enough character and ability to convince me that he is the right man for the job, if he is at the helm next year, I fully beleive we will at least achieve a playoff spot, if he is not then expect another season of inconsistency due to a lack of......... STABILITY
                        Win or lose, on the booze

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post

agree with alot of that but you say tinkered at the wrong time...but on the other board you said we had only kept the same team for 2 games on the bounce...so surely he has tinkered all the way through......personally i think he should be given a full season now he has been blooded so to speak

Comment

He needs after the summer before we judge him properly. This way he will have ample opportunity to bring in his own players, get rid of the crap he does not want. If we are still the same after the first 10 or so games into next season then it may be time to let him go!

Comment

But we knew he was inexperienced when he hired him - don't think you can hold that against him. He has also had to deal with major injuries and not been allowed to buy anyone (apart from one player, Lopez, on a free transfer who has turned out to be excellent). As long as the players keep working for him till the end of the season and we win at least half our remaining fixtures I'd keep him.

Comment

Working...
                              X