honest answers please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• honest answers please

i never went so i will listen to those who did...........in general were we 'better' when routledge/cook/sicknote came on???.did we look more threatening then?....hows the lad 'eprhaim' playing? i quite like this kid as a useful player of the future!
    you know nothing john snow!!!!

im still waiting!!.......cant sleep till i find out!

Comment

For me we improved with Routledge in particular. We've seen many a time since he joined that opposition teams have man marked him with at least 2 players. Now, with him on one wing and cook and/or adel on the other teams cannot afford to go man to man - and, if they do, it creates space in the middle.

For me Helguson, apart from miss, didnt do too much when he came on. Their centre backs were way too strong for him. For a short period we had 2 upfront and it really made a difference - i actually thought Vine would come on for SDC and we'd stick with two...it was only about 10 minutes playing with 2 strikers on i think.

Then Cook came on for SDC and Adel was, kinda upfront. The problem was that he was shattered, he'd run himself into the ground. I actually think he was asking to come off at one point - forgetting that 3 subs had already been used lol.

IMHO, SDC can work with another striker..but not HH. The sooner Vine gets a start the better..yesterday was made for him coming on but the injury to Connolly around the half hour mark probably scuppered plans to bring him on for the last 15 minutes
      Running the London Marathon for the Down's Syndrome Association....

Visit my charity page here

Comment

thanks scotty old chap......so in conclusion we looked 'better' although its now becomming clear hh was a bad purchase and we defo need a fit vine and proven goalscorer next season?....is lopez worth keeping instead of miller to work alongside a fit buzz in midfield?....the boy taaarbat is he likely to remain here as most fans seem to think he's quality in the making?

Comment

Originally posted by factamondo View Post
          thanks scotty old chap......so in conclusion we looked 'better' although its now becomming clear hh was a bad purchase and we defo need a fit vine and proven goalscorer next season?....is lopez worth keeping instead of miller to work alongside a fit buzz in midfield?....the boy taaarbat is he likely to remain here as most fans seem to think he's quality in the making?

No probs. hmm see I dont see much difference between HH and SDC as far as likelyhood to score is. SDC certainly works his frigging socks off and you can see everyone appreciates that by the ovation he gets when his coming off the pitch but - will he even get double figures in a season? Doubt it. But, the same as far as goals goes is the same for HH IMHO. If we're playing one up front I'd be tempted to play neither once Vine is back (if he's back to his old self) - If playing 2, well, I think I'd stick with SDC and let HH go.

Lopez is a difficult one. He doesn't actually have a contract as such - he's pay as you play. So, he's giving 101% to get a game and to keep his starting place at the moment. I'd certainly wait until maybe even the start of next season to see if he's worth keeping. It would worry me we'd sign him now and he'd think "sweet, i can stop busting my backside now".

I think Adel is short term - he wants to be back in the Prem and unless he falls in love with the gaff is likely to want to go back to Spuds.

One thing for sure, Routledge, Adel and even Hogan are showing that we really are going forward and we can be a frighteningly pacey attacking team and a real threat. Just as shame it's taken us too long to see that progress this year.
          Running the London Marathon for the Down's Syndrome Association....

Visit my charity page here

Comment

interesting times ahead then..........i think adel is unlikely to get in the spuds first team squad in the near future so a 'season' long loan could appeal to us?....the lopez situation then needs to be closely monitored as we dont want another ' hh' style situation....ie; look good until the loan becomes permenant'......the lad miller ,i feel, will not be signed on a permenant so that leaves us needing another midfielder imho!

Comment

Working...
            X