My take on the game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My take on the game

My first reaction when I heard who the team were was that we had gone with the same winning team as Tuesday, apart from an injury to Hall. I think it was a good decision by PS.

Once the game got started I found myself being frustrated by Alberti's inability to read where the ball would end up. More often than not he was beaten to the ball because he waited so long, even though he had a 2 metre advantage over his marker!

I was therefore pleased that Sousa replaced him with Routledge at HT. Wayne's absence meant he needed some time to get back into things, he didn't have his best half but gradually got into it. The same can be said for Cook, who started ok but got better and linked well with Delaney, Taarabt & Ephraim. Hogan was fantastic again, epitomised by the way he ran the ball out from defence in the closing seconds to take the ball away from danger and run down the clock. His energy is appreciated and even when he loses the ball I love the way he runs and runs to get it back!

Taarabt is class but needs to learn when to do his favorite trick (nut meg with the outside of his right foot when the player is to his right). Simple rule Adel, only do it in their half and when you know you have ample cover behind you incase it doesn't come off. He made a very good run into the box for the winner and is very skillful though, thought he was very good again overall.

Ramage is like a man possessed. McIndoe is no mug but I can't recall him skinning Ramage once. Ramage is good in the air and was picking our a QPR shirt with most passes, well done mate!

Delaney was back to his best, great run and cross for the winner!

Lopez free kick was a corker and his general play is impressive. Keep it up Jordi.

I like the way Di Carmine holds the ball up but apart from that he offers little more. Ditto Helguson. Maybe with the flair players playing around either one of the them the hold up is all we will need?

I would like to see Vine start on the left against Palace

Another fair analysis, although alberti for me isnt no rowen vine he works hard and at this stage of the season we need that if we want to win games.

Comment

By the way i didnt mean that to sound as if vine doesnt work hard.

Comment

I know what you meant don't worry.

I don't think Alberti works any harder than another player like Routledge or Vine though but they offer alot more going forward. I would start with Routledge on the right against Palace.

Comment

Working...
        X