No announcement yet.

Jim Gregory rest in peace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RIP Jim Gregory. From the day I started supporting QPR back in 1965, I remember just one name that was so important, Mr. Gregory. Fair enough mentioning a stand to be named in his memory, however, I will go even further to suggest a monument to be erected in front of Loftus Road. After all, what exists there today is all his creation. Fellow supporters please note.

Comment

when i was a nipper i was outside the ground 5 minutes before k.o , jim gregory pulled up in his chauffer driven car , he asked what we were doing outside , we told him we had no money , he got seat tickets out of his pocket and gave them to us kids for free , top man

Comment

Wasn`t it Jim Gregory who sold us out ,to be merged with Fulham ? Yes he built us up ,but he was prepared to see the club gone ,when he wanted out .
        Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

Originally posted by THE FLYING COW View Post
          love you jim......thanks for putting so much of your time and energy into running our club
          He's the man who put QPR on the map in professional football

Comment

Originally posted by qprted View Post
            gentleman jim
            Ted wasn't that Jim Langley? another legend.

Jim Gregory took QPR from obscurity to the heights...... different class compared to the current mob. By the time the Fulham merger proposal happened he's already achieved a massive amount.

Comment

I know one thing he'd turn in his grave if he could see what's going on now

Comment

Jim lost his mind towards the end and started doing all sorts of strange things including the fulham merger but he did build us up from nothing so ill always love him,and yes gentleman jim was jim langley but now jim gregory is dead and loads of stories have now surfaced and hes become one of my great heros
                hes trully a great great man and remember that
                Click here to view my blog.

More...

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
                  Ted wasn't that Jim Langley? another legend.

Jim Gregory took QPR from obscurity to the heights...... different class compared to the current mob. By the time the Fulham merger proposal happened he's already achieved a massive amount.
                  i was on the pitch in 87 against Man City .were you ?

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
                    I know one thing he'd turn in his grave if he could see what's going on now
                    no he ####in wouldnt , he sold us out to be merged with fulham , and that is a fact

Comment

vespa when i first started supporting qpr we were a joke club ,everybody laughed at us,he went out and sold post office van and sold fish he really grafted he came out of nothing he couldnt read or write he actually is re lated to gregory gypsy family who live in ash vale hampshire
                      he worked his guts out thanklessly and finnally he built up his car buisness to such a degree that he approached fulham and they finnaly let him on there board of directors but he got frusterated with the other directore refusing to put money into the club
                      so when he then joined qpr his boy hood love affair he took over breakling our transfer record for a player called les allen the fee was 30 thousand he scored 30 goals in his first season
                      soon gregory bought rodney marsh and langley from fulham and qpr as we know it now was born
                      gregory was a revelation so many brilliant youngsters were purchased and sold on for huge profits this manifested in us going into the prem for 13 consequetive seasons never ever
                      would we have achieved so much without jim gregory
                      dont forgret vespa at the end jim had both his legs cut off he died as a double amputee ,he wasnt a well man and the fulham merger could well have been one of his shrewd buisness
                      deal
                      all through gregory,s reign he used reverse phsychology to create positivity and i believe he only through this in is as a bit of a wind up,he must have known it could never have happened
                      but its true vespa he did really upset everybody
                      but ill always remember jim as a man who built 4 new stands he found bowles marsh paul parker simon stainrod andy sinton etc etc he could see a player and he orderd the managers to buy his little gems
                      so lets all respect the man who ploughed millions of his own money into the club
                      Click here to view my blog.

More...

Comment

i know you and Hal9thou are correct and we should appreciate all Jim Gregory has done for the club , but the way it ended with a total disregard for our future still hurts Ted .

Comment

Originally posted by vespa View Post
                          i know you and Hal9thou are correct and we should appreciate all Jim Gregory has done for the club , but the way it ended with a total disregard for our future still hurts Ted .
                          He also wanted to build a new stadium on the site of old Brentford market to be shared with Brentford and I suppose that was another of his terrible ideas to take the club forward , we are a small club in a small stadium and that's why Chelsea got bought out and moved to the to top when we was the dominant west London club yeah he was a wrong un for wanting what he thought was best for the clubs involved

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
                            He also wanted to build a new stadium on the site of old Brentford market to be shared with Brentford and I suppose that was another of his terrible ideas to take the club forward , we are a small club in a small stadium and that's why Chelsea got bought out and moved to the to top when we was the dominant west London club yeah he was a wrong un for wanting what he thought was best for the clubs involved
                            Selling us out to be merged with Fulham was a terrible idea , how do you , Jim or anyone think us merging with those mugs was going to be for the good of either club ?

Comment

It was his club he owned it he wanted to do what he thought was the best for his interest which long term would probably proved best for all concerned

Comment

Originally posted by vespa View Post
                                Selling us out to be merged with Fulham was a terrible idea , how do you , Jim or anyone think us merging with those mugs was going to be for the good of either club ?
                                Of course he floated some highly questionable ideas, more so later on in his career. What he didn't do was blow the equivalent of 0.25bn only to see us lower down the league.

I loathed and hated the idea of any linkage with FFC, the Brentford thing was more thought through. End of the day he got the ball rolling as far as modern QPR is concerned.

Comment

Working...
                                X