Message To Guests and Lurkers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm useless with computers and it took me 90 seconds:grimace:
    ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
    THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

It took me no more than 30 seconds.

Anyway people to not have to register to view the board and we are sorry to lose some guest posters.

Comment

MinnesotaR Says Hi

Born in Epsom in '62 first taken to the Rs by a retired family friend who had been attending, working, being a steward at Rangers since the 1920s - he was at the white horse final at Wembley in 1923, went to Rs at Park Royal, White City etc.

Died at 86 on his way to Rangers to sweep the stands after a Sunday game, he got up every day Monday to Saturday and took 2 buses from Chessington to the bush and then a 30 minute walk to work at the Rs for free as a retiree (although he was an electrician for Mirror Group so I am sure his retirement income was less than it should have been since Captain Bob had his hand in his pocket) - so some of this stuff with the supporters and board and the stewarding frankly makes me sick sometimes.

I live in the US but have kept a season ticket, as I have since my first season ticket in 1972 despite really not having lived in the UK for 20 years out of that period. My seat was originally in Ellerslie - then we moved to the seats directly behind the tunnel in the paddock - the BEST seats I have ever had at any sports venue ever - and I have some serious corporate seats here in the US at hockey and football, then they took those seats away to make boxes - here begins the pattern! Our next seats (for close to 20 years, were in SAR right next to the radio commentators seats, in front of the press box and just behind the directors box - well obviously we couldn't keep them, because 30 years of support was not boutique enough, so now I have a seat somewhere else - I have never used it, I have not been home for a couple years - but the third or fourth generation of people we have taken to games do use it, and I hope the view for them is good.

These boards are my link to my team - I remember the 80s and 90s, traveling for work and spending months on assignments - driving to airports on a Monday just to get a copy of an English paper to read match reports etc

We get so much discussion and information via these boards, however irritated we sometimes get with each other, the alternative of silence is really much worse.

U Rs

Ian

Comment

Welcome, Ian !
          Banning people is no longer my hobby,
          but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
          http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaR View Post
            Born in Epsom in '62 first taken to the Rs by a retired family friend who had been attending, working, being a steward at Rangers since the 1920s - he was at the white horse final at Wembley in 1923, went to Rs at Park Royal, White City etc.
            U Rs

Ian
            Nice post Minasota........ and welcome to the new board (seems odd welcoming people, when we're all new!

Comment

Welcome Ian, superb post!
              Now, Then, Forever
              [CENTER]QPR-Football League CHAMPIONS

Comment

Hey ive been following this site for a long time and occasionaly posted as a guest but now registered. Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by AgsQPR View Post
                  Hey ive been following this site for a long time and occasionaly posted as a guest but now registered. Cheers
                  Welcome also to the board
                  Now, Then, Forever
                  [CENTER]QPR-Football League CHAMPIONS

Comment

Good work boys looks nice...
                    Everything always chances just when u used 2 it!

Comment

Hi Guys, just signed-up from Melbourne in Sunny Australia - 33 degrees today.
                      Been going to the Rz for years with me Dad.Nan lived in the flats opposite ground where you could watch the game from, before they put all the stands up.

Currently, working over here but have had a Season tkt in Ellerslie for a good few season's now and sit under the TV gantry when I'm back - Which I will be for the Palarse and Sheffield games - Must admit, was hoping we'd be in at least the play-off places when season started out though - Like everyone else!

Good site and good banter and like the Video postings - Bit concerned that Dexter hasn't managed to log in yet though!!

I'd just like to say MinesotaR is a Leg end - Has a Season Tkt even though hasn't managed to attend a game for a couple of years - Now that's what I call a Supporter!!! Agree with his comments about the Board though - Clueless!

Comment

Some great posts from you all and welcome to all the new members.

We all :red_heart: QPR!!!

Comment

yep spread the :red_heart:

welcome aboard
                          ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
                          THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Originally posted by stoppsy99 View Post
                            hi all just joined thought i better drop a line so hi!!
                            Stoppsy are you the guy who put together the graphic pack for Football manager 2009??

Comment

Originally posted by qprjames View Post
                              Took me 2 minutes :grimace:
                              my wife complains when that happens to me;D

Comment

qprdrog, not me boss not that clever lol

Comment

Working...
                                X