Chris Mepham

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
    Josh Bowler caught the attention of Everton too. Dean Parrett if you want to go back in time caught the attention of Spurs. Where are they now? I get the sentiment but to start a thread moaning about missing out on a player who never even played for our youth is a bit silly imo.

Comment

Originally posted by acricketer View Post
      Not playing for Everton?..or Not playing for QPR?
      I think the boy would've been playing for Rangers by now, think it's a bad decision moving to Everton, Cricket

Comment

Originally posted by acricketer View Post
        Not playing for Everton?..or Not playing for QPR?
        Sorry crick, that went right over my head last night.
        In answer I suppose he's better off not playing at Everton

Comment

Josh Bowler caught the attention of Everton too. Dean Parrett if you want to go back in time caught the attention of Spurs. Where are they now? I get the sentiment but to start a thread moaning about missing out on a player who never even played for our youth is a bit silly imo.

In addition, you have to realise that players develop at different rates. There are plenty of examples of great footballers that didn't really impress until later in their careers.
          "I don't read the papers, I don't gamble, I don't even know what day it is." - Steve McClaren.

Comment

a.) That HITC website is renowned for publishing utter guff, b.) never even heard of this guy, and c.) assessing and developing a youth player isn't an exact science.

Some players will look like world beaters at youth level but go on to be utter rubbish as senior professionals (Ravel Morrison, Carlton Cole, Cherno Samba, Freddy Adu etc.). Others will have a relatively average youth career, but with time go on to be really good players (Charlie Austin, Jamie Vardy, Ian Wright etc.).

Loads of players get disgarded by clubs as youths and go on to do really good things. Can't blame the club if a few slip through the net.

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
              Sorry crick, that went right over my head last night.
              In answer I suppose he's better off not playing at Everton
              I'm not as sure he'd have been given much of a chance here especially at the time he left. Now young players have a better prospect and I suppose the money we were offered given ffp was too good to turn down.

Comment

young players going to big clubs , then not getting game time make no sense . 1st team football wherever u play has to be the better option

Comment

Yeah but fair play to the OP for finding a different topic to beat the Club up with.
                  Honestly, I despair at the way some people want to drag the rest of us down with their misery and anger at the fact we are starting to shows some positive signs of progress on the pitch.

Thought process = team performing, I'm not happy, drag up a nobody that we allegedly missed out on, beat the turd out of our Club for what exactly, spleen vented and relax
                  #standuptocancer
                  #inyourfacecancer

Comment

That literally has nothing to do with me not knowing who the bloke is
                    He's in the Welsh squad

Comment

Originally posted by Hove Ranger View Post
                      He's in the Welsh squad
                      He's never been capped. Unless you're talking about the Welsh squad for the upcoming international break? Because I haven't seen that squad.
                      Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                      Pawel Wszolek - 6
                      Luke Freeman - 6
                      Matt Smith - 6
                      Ebere Eze - 4
                      Joel Lynch - 3
                      Tomer Hemed - 3
                      Toni Leistner - 2
                      Massimo Luongo- 2
                      Angel Rangel - 2
                      Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                      Geoff Cameron - 1
                      Aramide Oteh - 1
                      Jake Bidwell - 1
                      Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Chris has played for Wales under 21's , know the family well, Chris was at Chelsea as a boy before going to R's also went to Watford for a short time I believe, then went playing youth football and then on to North Greenford where he was picked up by Brentford

Comment

He was utilized for the last twenty minutes by Wales in their 6-0 win over China, yesterday.

Comment

Is Chris Mepham the CB at Brentford that Paul Smyth will turn inside out in a few weeks time ?

Comment

i wonder if theres a thread on the millwall forum about how they missed out on eze

Comment

Working...
                              X