holloway talking about out of contract players

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• holloway talking about out of contract players

Ian Holloway has suggested he will decide the future of QPR’s out-of-contract players this summer.

A number of Rangers’ squad are coming towards the end of their current deals at Loftus Road.

They include Jack Robinson, James Perch, Jamie Mackie and captain Nedum Onuoha.
    ADVERTISING

Financial factors, particularly Financial Fair Play rules, are likely to largely determine whether Rangers can retain players they want to keep.

But manager Holloway believes the situation leaves him in a strong position.

“Everybody’s out of contract and the good thing is I get the power when everybody’s out of contract,” he declared.

Onuoha is among those whose contracts are about to expire

“If nobody’s out of contract then this lot (the players) can kill me. They can kill the manager. Again. It happens everywhere. Everybody’s killing the manager.

“The power is in the wrong place in football these days, so what you have to do is get the power under your control for as long a period as you can and then the club might end up moving in the right direction.

‘Earn the right’
    “They’re having to earn the right to get a contract here which is exactly as it should be.

“They should be trying their heart out to play and do what I say, and then hopefully get offered a new deal from us.”

However, Holloway also admitted that the club’s finances and goal of developing younger players will indeed be determining factors.

He said: “I’ve got some really good senior pros here and I probably won’t be able to keep all of them, because the young lads are coming through so I’ve got to try to make spaces for them.

“The contracts, they have to earn them. And I think they’re trying to. The higher up the table we get, the better we are so the more likely it is I might keep them.”

QPR: Harlington training groundSee also: Birmingham youngster joins QPR on trial
    Last week, a bullish Holloway said his players had been reacting well to his team selections but suggested that had not always been the case at Loftus Road.

He said: “I can drop whoever I like, whenever I like.

“They’ve just got to do their job – and their job is to stop moaning and just do what I tell them. That’s the new QPR.

“You want them to accept it in the right way. The simple thing is: ‘Hang on a minute, I’m doing my job, you shut up and do yours. In your contract, does it say you’re going to play every week? Or have you got to earn that right?’

“And if you’re not picked and you’re sat on the bench, your job’s to come on and make a difference. So, just do your job. It’s simple.

“At last I can do that here. Because when I first started saying things like that, people would sulk and try and get me the sack by not trying too hard. But they don’t do that anymore, do they? Thank God.”
    nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

I'm sorry but he is coming across as an arrogant pr11ck.

Accusing players of trying to get him the sack, he is doing his job but the players are not doing theirs!

who the fark has been playing stupid formations and sticking wingers in at fullback.

yeah, you been doing a job knobhead............ a rotten job.

as for accusing players of trying to get you the sack, why dont you just fark right off.

obviously has the hump that the formation has been forced upon him and he is lashing out at the players.

so much for our good little run we had going for us. this will do some damage.
    nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

When he goes for interviews they just need to wrap gaffer tape round his face.

Comment

he shouldn't of said that , it's like he wants to get the players against him
        he needs to remember he's not god but part of a team . bloke doesn't do
        himself any favours

Comment

Ffs what's the problem? He's dead right, a player should have to earn their contract. If they don't do enough then jog on.
          Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
          Pawel Wszolek - 6
          Luke Freeman - 6
          Matt Smith - 6
          Ebere Eze - 4
          Joel Lynch - 3
          Tomer Hemed - 3
          Toni Leistner - 2
          Massimo Luongo- 2
          Angel Rangel - 2
          Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
          Geoff Cameron - 1
          Aramide Oteh - 1
          Jake Bidwell - 1
          Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

He argues a good case ! But if posters admit that then they might have to admit the upturn in play might just be down to him and not the dof or coach Ramsey that they like to believe

Comment

Surely Ned would have to take a 75% pay cut to stick around.... I just can't see him being here next season as there will be teams who will pay him twice what we can. I would prefer him to stay but cant see how the money will stack up.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post

Accusing players of trying to get him the sack, he is doing his job but the players are not doing theirs!

who the fark has been playing stupid formations and sticking wingers in at fullback.

as for accusing players of trying to get you the sack, why dont you just fark right off.

obviously has the hump that the formation has been forced upon him and he is lashing out at the players.

Oh hi Hits. I wondered where you were. Things going a bit well for your input I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
                  he shouldn't of said that , it's like he wants to get the players against him
                  he needs to remember he's not god but part of a team . bloke doesn't do
                  himself any favours
                  This was quoted last week and it hasn't done any harm, the opposite in fact - although on a seperate note he is a plank,

obviously a lot of frustration being vented

Comment

Really doesn't come across well, again.

We have had four decent games after 60 odd mainly poor ones. Anyone would think we were top of the league.

If the team keeps going as it has over last few games until the end of the season then even cynics like me might start thinking he is doing his job and is earning the right to keep it into next season. Works both ways.

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
                      Oh hi Hits. I wondered where you were. Things going a bit well for your input I guess.
                      Top post ccj & couldn’t have put it better myself Lol

Comment

Does come across as a bit power mad. That's why he wouldn't change the tactics for so long. He is the boss and no one else. Absolutely no reason whatsoever to come out with any of that carp. Needs to stop seeking publicity for himself and just get on with the job
                        that the footballing gods have given him a second chance at.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post

Think you'll find he's talking about players that have since been moved on trying to get him the sack

Can't see anything wrong with what he's said - players have far too much power these days

It's risky because we might lose Onouha and Robinson, but would expect the right sort of players to react in the right sort of way

Comment

‘You have to earn the right’

Holloway you tw@t, we’ve just lost Robinson & Massimo for free now. Terrible choice stringing our deals with players with the talent of them. No doubt more naff players to replace them
                            Under Les Ferdinand:
                            Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
                            Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
                            Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
                            Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
                            And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
                              Ffs what's the problem? He's dead right, a player should have to earn their contract. If they don't do enough then jog on.
                              Once again youve goto larf, hes exactly right as hes the boss
                              http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Working...
                              X