The long term future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The long term future

With the likes of Eze, Smyth, Manning and Furlong breaking into the first team, I read on the HITC website that we are due to offer long-term contracts to these youngsters. It is reported that scouts are attending the R's games to watch these players and there is concern that they could be tempted away from Loftus Road. If this is the case, I am sure that there is no future for us anymore. When we have a promising player, he is snapped away and we are left with players that cannot take us forward. I understand that this is what football is all about today. But do we need an Academy if, when we have a promising player he is snapped away from us? (Sterling and Bowler comes to mind). Are the other players that are not up to the required standard, a waste of money from our point of view? In the past, our academy was very productive and used to provide most of the first team. Not anymore. It's a pity, is it?

If we are giving them first team football they might consider staying.

Comment

Depends on what we offer. Money talks nowadays. Football has lost all of its beauty.

Comment

Probably sell em all........cheerful #### ain't I?!!

Comment

Fnck 'em

Comment

As we were I would think,why would anyone anyone think differently?

Comment

As only one of those four came from our academy it does make you wonder. Are we better off scouting other academy rejects?

Comment

Originally posted by davieqpr View Post
                As only one of those four came from our academy it does make you wonder. Are we better off scouting other academy rejects?
                Thats what Brentford do. They ditched their yoof academy because of the changes to acadamy status grading which meant Prem clubs can just nick a lad for a pittance that doesnt reflect the work and coaching involved to bring him through - it works ok for them

Comment

Personally think if a player gets to play regularly or is certainly knocking on the door of the first team then he is likely to stay unless it is a PL club that comes in for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                    Personally think if a player gets to play regularly or is certainly knocking on the door of the first team then he is likely to stay unless it is a PL club that comes in for him.
                    look at the likes of tom ince, will hughes and sessegnon for example, they've stayed at their respective clubs getting game time until they were ready to jump up a division and into the first team of a better club.
                    i don't think any of our promising young rs will leave in the summer as they probably realise its better for them to stay put for now, develop by get regular game time and then leave when the time is right. i'm more concerned about the likes of smithies, freeman and luongo leaving than i am eze, smyth and manning

Comment

If we play good football and push each year for the playoffs, have a good atmosphere in dressing room, invest on the right places, we'll go a long way to keeping players.

Good players stand out in sh!te teams, they get scouted. Good players are less obvious in good teams and i'd strike a guess happier to stay in the first team than to languish in the prem. Depends on the player. We want to stop sideways movement, we won't stop Man Utd or Liverpool or even a Leicester coming in, but we should be seeing off anyone in our league.

We're a London club, that counts for something. But we do need to invest in the facilities and training for these younger players. We know they are going to get sold, but we need the best out of them before they go. We want to be selling them at 26 not 21. Get them under good contracts. If that means we need stadiums and acadamies then thats what we need.

We can afford to lose players formoney, it's the way it has to be, but lose them at the right time, the right price, under our terms and have a whole host of others ready to step in.

Comment

Originally posted by topperharley View Post
                        If we play good football and push each year for the playoffs, have a good atmosphere in dressing room, invest on the right places, we'll go a long way to keeping players.

Good players stand out in sh!te teams, they get scouted. Good players are less obvious in good teams and i'd strike a guess happier to stay in the first team than to languish in the prem. Depends on the player. We want to stop sideways movement, we won't stop Man Utd or Liverpool or even a Leicester coming in, but we should be seeing off anyone in our league.

We're a London club, that counts for something. But we do need to invest in the facilities and training for these younger players. We know they are going to get sold, but we need the best out of them before they go. We want to be selling them at 26 not 21. Get them under good contracts. If that means we need stadiums and acadamies then thats what we need.

We can afford to lose players formoney, it's the way it has to be, but lose them at the right time, the right price, under our terms and have a whole host of others ready to step in.
                        Spot on

Comment

Working...
                        X