No announcement yet.

Ramsey's influence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No inside knowledge, but could it be that 352 was mandated by the club (ie LF and CR) as the 'club' style of play. As don't think IH has used it previously and he's needed their permission to change it?

Comment

Not for me barry

Comment

Originally posted by BarryBarry View Post
        No inside knowledge, but could it be that 352 was mandated by the club (ie LF and CR) as the 'club' style of play. As don't think IH has used it previously and he's needed their permission to change it?
        No not it in Holloway's make to have anybody telling him anything Bas

Comment

Whether it was the introduction of Ramsey that has changed our fortunes or not, long may it continue. Maybe they are the perfect foils for each other. Ones strength seems to be perceived as the others weakness

Comment

Originally posted by BarryBarry View Post
            i don't think so, at the start of the season ollie said he was gunna figure out a formation and that we'd stick to it no matter what, he would have been the deciding factor at the end of the day and i think he wanted us to play a 352 as its a very modern approach to the game, a lot of the worlds top clubs are using it to great effect afterall.

hopefully we don't go back to using it anytime soon as our players are far more suited to playing with 4 at the back. i'd like us to give 4231 a try as on paper it looks like it'd really suit our players though, luongo and scowen in front of the defence with a forward 4 of freeman/eze/smyth/pavel with sylla/smith in front of them has real potential imo

Comment

We have been playing 4-2-3-1 at times. The 4 at the back abd the idea of a target man, focal point has been consistent but the formation for the midfielders has been quite interchangeable especially freeman, Pawel and eze

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                If true why is that person not the manager
                "Executive word in your shell like if you will Mister Holloway"

Comment

If that's the reason then I'm a Dutchman.
                  Yours sincerely,
                  Hertz Van Rental.

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post

Hmmmm. You to play 442 or 4231, numb nuts.

442 you must,
                    4231 you will
                    nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Ollie I think was close to being giving the sack until recently. You could tell by interviews demeanour, Uncle going quiet, results etc.

I would be surprised if someone didn't have a word. Ramsey for me always came across as intelligent and good reputation as a coach. Quite a few very highly rated coaches haven't made it as managers. Ollie good motivator but not an awful lot going upstairs. Bit of mutual respect for their respective skillsets and could be made to work a double act.

On other hand could have been Sir Les having a word as Ollie's boss.

Whatever reason has worked better last few games, particularly last two. Lets hope team keeps it up.

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
                        Ollie I think was close to being giving the sack until recently. You could tell by interviews demeanour, Uncle going quiet, results etc.

I would be surprised if someone didn't have a word. Ramsey for me always came across as intelligent and good reputation as a coach. Quite a few very highly rated coaches haven't made it as managers. Ollie good motivator but not an awful lot going upstairs. Bit of mutual respect for their respective skillsets and could be made to work a double act.

Whatever reason has worked better last few games, particularly last two. Lets hope team keeps it up.
                        Think this is pretty accurate of the state of play

Whatever whoever why ever it’s changed I’m just happy it has and the cloud has started to lift

Comment

Agree with all that analysis Furtive. The only mystery is how it's taken them almost an entire season to figure out such a basic error. So basic that even us amateurs on here could spot just 4 games into the season.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                            Agree with all that analysis Furtive. The only mystery is how it's taken them almost an entire season to figure out such a basic error. So basic that even us amateurs on here could spot just 4 games into the season.
                            Pure guess work but I'd say it was last resort to try and avoid having to sack him. Ollie determined to make his system work come what may. Problem for him was we just don't have players for it. Every team would like to play like Barcelona. Problem is Washington isn't Messi, yet!

Comment

Originally posted by Rangerod View Post
                              Is it a coincidence that our form and general play has improved since Ramsey got promoted to coach? Could be a masterstroke having the more tactically aware Ramsey backing up/advising Ollie the motivator. Just a thought.
                              If so great, well done the DOF. Something had to be done. Furlong wasn't playing was he?
                              Last edited by Alanwycombe; 19-03-2018, 07:43 PM.

Comment

Pure guess work but I'd say it was last resort to try and avoid having to sack him. Ollie determined to make his system work come what may. Problem for him was we just don't have players for it. Every team would like to play like Barcelona. Problem is Washington isn't Messi, yet!
                                Exactly.

"OK Ollie, we've tried it your way, now THIS is what's GOING to happen"

Comment

Working...
                                X