Ramsey's influence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ramsey's influence

Is it a coincidence that our form and general play has improved since Ramsey got promoted to coach? Could be a masterstroke having the more tactically aware Ramsey backing up/advising Ollie the motivator. Just a thought.

There could be something to that, I thought he was completely out of his league as our manager, I respect what he has done as a youth coach here and at Spurs, he obviously has some football IQ!
    @gatorTFC

Comment

No one knows that for sure but was it does immediately look like is the introduction of going to four at the back this allows the others to play in a better attacking formation while we have a more solid defence. Its what we've all been saying all season. What we don't know is whether it was totally Ollies decision to change it or if it was a mixture of the players and backroom staff influencing the decision for Ollie. I personally think there has been some kind of players meeting /revolt about 352 and Ollie has been forced to change it. Long may it continue. And the players now look much happier since it's been changed.

Comment

There's so much that goes on behind the scenes that we can only speculate about, when Ollie is eventually sacked he is likely to have a good story to tell, in the meantime I like the direction we seem to be going!
        @gatorTFC

Comment

Whilst I do believe that Ramsey’s appointment has made a positive difference, I also believe there are 3 other factors. 1. Introduction of the younger talent at the right time 2. Changing the formation to 4 3 3 possibly as a result of Ramsey’s influence? 3. Those who are fast approaching being out of contract raising their performance levels eg Neds, Robinson

Comment

Originally posted by Rangerod View Post
            Is it a coincidence that our form and general play has improved since Ramsey got promoted to coach? Could be a masterstroke having the more tactically aware Ramsey backing up/advising Ollie the motivator. Just a thought.
            more to do with the formation change.

if it was the PE teacher who had a word in hollowheads shell, then fair play to the beanie one.
            nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
              more to do with the formation change.

if it was the PE teacher who had a word in hollowheads shell, then fair play to the beanie one.

Hmmmm. You to play 442 or 4231, numb nuts.

Comment

Originally posted by Rangerod View Post
                Absolutely correct.

Here was a manager who slavishly kept to an out moded and totally unsuitable formation. He was at his wits end as to how to change things for the better. He was losing it and blaming everything and everyone else. He even ranted at the fans

Someone TOLD him to eat humble pie over the latter,and he hated the taste of it.

Someone TOLD him to drop the back three and wing backs.

Someone TOLD him to introduce some youngsters and installed Ramsey to oversee the transition.

And we've seen the result.

Sometimes you have to stand back a bit to see what is truely happening.

Comment

Originally posted by Undecided View Post
                  Absolutely correct.

Here was a manager who slavishly kept to an out moded and totally unsuitable formation. He was at his wits end as to how to change things for the better. He was losing it and blaming everything and everyone else. He even ranted at the fans

Someone TOLD him to eat humble pie over the latter,and he hated the taste of it.

Someone TOLD him to drop the back three and wing backs.

Someone TOLD him to introduce some youngsters and installed Ramsey to oversee the transition.

And we've seen the result.

Sometimes you have to stand back a bit to see what is truely happening.
                  If true why is that person not the manager

Comment

Its funny football, I never understand why so many people think football management is about one man !! Brian Clough had a great number two and without him achieved very little... So when looking at Holloway he was better for us when Jackett was his number 2 !

So it hardly surprises me that a highly rated coach like Chris Ramsey has made an impact....

Finally... Best Redknapp football I saw was when Hoddle was his coach !

Comment

We did very well when McClaren was with us for that short period as well and I still dont know why he left really as was nailed on to be our next manager at one time

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                        If true why is that person not the manager
                        Because he’s the DOF?

Comment

Originally posted by IsleworthRanger View Post
                          We did very well when McClaren was with us for that short period as well and I still dont know why he left really as was nailed on to be our next manager at one time
                          Probably didn't want to wait for what might happen and took the Derby job when offered!
                          @gatorTFC

Comment

Originally posted by Awin View Post
                            Because he’s the DOF?
                            The more I think about this the more I reckon it's down to Ramsey's promotion. It's the only recent backroom change that's been made; and the improvement in the team was not gradual but instant, which adds further weight to this conclusion. Clearly something significant happened behind the scenes between the Forest and Derby fixtures.

Comment

Oh yeah its got to be about about Ramsey who was the worse manager ive ever seen aimless dross football no pattern no organisation just kick ball up park , and would Holloway listen to anybody telling him what's wrong with his team selection and play formation no never in a million years he'd just stubornly dig his heels in and ignore any advise as interference , but yes your all right the upturn in our play can not be down to Holloway ,it has to got to be down down to someone else , Holloway given credit my god ! we'll be prem champions in 4 years time with Ramsey running the show

Comment

Working...
                              X