Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pinkie

Originally posted by 1973 ranger
    Pinkie. Maybe they are now showing what they are capable of when played in a system that suits them.
    73 theyve raised there games since the forest drubbing & using eze as our flare player, its all down to the manager now getting us to play some lovely stuff, we`ve been doing it in bits against wolves we outplayed them the second half, its been coming this has but we do look good! anyway if down to you and furtive we need to get rid of ollie
    http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
    73 theyve raised there games since the forest drubbing & using eze as our flare player, its all down to the manager now getting us to play some lovely stuff, we`ve been doing it in bits against wolves we outplayed them the second half, its been coming this has but we do look good! anyway if down to you and furtive we need to get rid of ollie
    Er hold on. Don't get me wrong, well happy with the win. But are we really gonna give Holloway all the credit?

How many of us have been saying all season that if he only picked 4 at the back, we'd be a top 10 side? And what happens when we finally go 4 at the back? 7 points out of 3 games is what.

Seriously, there should be an inquest into how long it's taken for the penny to drop. We could have been play-off contenders if Ollie wasn't so stubborn. And the worst thing is, half of the fans know it and have been saying it all season.
    Last edited by Tarbie; 14-03-2018, 08:42 AM.

Comment

Slightly embarrassing but par for the course with you pinks.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
        Er hold on. Don't get me wrong, well happy with the win. But are we really gonna give Holloway all the credit?

How many of us have been saying all season that if he only picked 4 at the back, we'd be a top 10 side? And what happens when we finally go 4 at the back? 7 points out of 3 games is what.

Seriously, there should be an inquest into how long it's taken for the penny to drop. We could have been play-off contenders if Ollie wasn't so stubborn. And the worst thing is, half of the fans know it and have been saying it all season.
        Firstly before another anti ollie post gets posted, ollie had stated a couple of months back that hes going to build a side around eze which even i thought and said at the time was a daft thing to say! yes? this has nothing to do with everyone else knows better on here, but a manager who had it planned how he wanted to play months back, so yes all credit goes to ollie and the team! got absolutely nothing to do with pennies dropping!

Comment

Originally posted by Southport
          Formation alone isn't getting the results. Smyth and Eze weren't at this level at the start of the season (how did Eze do when on loan in a lower division?). I think Furlong looks the part, Robinson has improved and there has been a collective improvement from the younger players that implies coaching is (finally!) improving some of our players
          Exactly southport but you get these pc football managers that just think if we had 4 at the back we would of been like we are now - hilarious tbh, so many players are starting to hit form & thats everything to do with the coaching & management team & the togetherness! one thing that all these who are saying its about 4 at the back was saying he`d lost the dressing room rubbish nearly every match.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
            Slightly embarrassing but par for the course with you pinks.
            Whats even more embarrising is the stick you and others gave me to the point of calling me radio rental & slating ollie black n blue!

Comment

Originally posted by davieqpr
              If he planned it months back why didn't he do it months back?
              Obviously not putting everything on ezes shoulders with hardly playing any games, daft question tbh & if you want me to find his quote when we took eze back from wycombe i will do?! you lot are the embarrising ones, why dont you just enjoy this now and have no issues bigging up the team & ollie? things take time and we`re now starting to see the rewards not that a few of you can admit instead coming out with you all knew the score and a professional didnt lol, ffs ignorance at its finest.

Comment

Firstly before another anti ollie post gets posted, ollie had stated a couple of months back that hes going to build a side around eze which even i thought and said at the time was a daft thing to say! yes? this has nothing to do with everyone else knows better on here, but a manager who had it planned how he wanted to play months back, so yes all credit goes to ollie and the team! got absolutely nothing to do with pennies dropping!
                So you're putting this upturn in form totally down to the selection of Eze then mate?

Of course, he's made a huge difference. But the big change for me is the confidence that a flat back 4 brings to the team as a whole. Everyone from 1 to 11 looks more comfortable in the system, and we look both more solid at the back, and better going forward.

Dunno how that isn't "the penny dropping", when Ollie has been insistent on selecting this daft 3-5-2 / 3-4-3 formation all season. Surely the sudden about turn and change to 4-4-2 / 4-3-3 for 3 games running is the dictionary definition of the penny dropping?!!

Comment

So you're putting this upturn in form totally down to the selection of Eze then mate?

Of course, he's made a huge difference. But the big change for me is the confidence that a flat back 4 brings to the team as a whole. Everyone from 1 to 11 looks more comfortable in the system, and we look both more solid at the back, and better going forward.

Dunno how that isn't "the penny dropping", when Ollie has been insistent on selecting this daft 3-5-2 / 3-4-3 formation all season. Surely the sudden about turn and change to 4-4-2 / 4-3-3 for 3 games running is the dictionary definition of the penny dropping?!!
                  Wasting your time Tarbs

Comment

https://www.google.com/url?q=https:/...TdSXfS0k9qrWre

this was in january!

Comment

Originally posted by Alanwycombe View Post
                      Wasting your time Tarbs
                      Bunch of totals you really are, read that link ive just posted al & tarbs

Im honestly finding you lot and youre hatred for ollie cringeworthy, you just cannot give him any credit whatsoever

Comment

Youre not going to get instant success just by changing to a back 4! you need a player like eze to push us forward, without that & him we wouldnt be nowhere near as effective

Comment

Pinks - It isn't hatred mate. It's just that football is a simple game, and after you've been watching it for a while you can kind of figure out what works and what doesn't. People got frustrated with Ollie because he seemed to be ignoring some obvious shortcomings and some talented kids while persisting with a dysfunctional front two.

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
                          Back four please - this is exactly the kind of side that exposes poor WB set ups.

Sit back or press? is the key question for tonight. I say press the fvck out of them
                          And that's what happened last night, result, like I said its a simple game.
                          Last edited by hal9thou; 14-03-2018, 11:20 AM.

Comment

Bunch of totals you really are, read that link ive just posted al & tarbs

Im honestly finding you lot and youre hatred for ollie cringeworthy, you just cannot give him any credit whatsoever
                            You clearly haven't read what I posted elsewhere this morning which is strange as you are usually all over me like a cheap suit. I think you must have an alert for when I log in.......

As for daring to criticise a professional, Harold Shipman was a professional
                            Last edited by Alanwycombe; 14-03-2018, 11:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
                              Pinks - It isn't hatred mate. It's just that football is a simple game, and after you've been watching it for a while you can kind of figure out what works and what doesn't. People got frustrated with Ollie because he seemed to be ignoring some obvious shortcomings and some talented kids.

And that's what happened last night, result, like I said its a simple game.

He wasnt blessed with players that were doing the buisness from the midfield and upfront hal, conor etc & not enough goals in midfield & yes conceding the odd daft goals which killed us as we werent getting enough from midfield to upfront! yeah he could of packed the defence out but was going for a possession game aswell, many games we had played well but lost with not getting enough goals, now hes bled in the youngsters & superbly & you can understand why he doesnt want to pin everything on them!

Comment

Working...
                              X