Furlong Junior special mention

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Furlong Junior special mention

I absolutely love this fella and I put my neck on the line and say of the kids currently he will go furtherest in the game

He has taken some pelters in the past from fans, unfairly I would suggest, but he has so much promise

He is perfect for today’s football!!!! Quick, right build, brave, puts foot in, good in the air proper engine and looks like he has good head on his shoulders. He could be our Clive Wilson if nurtured properly and I would go as far as to say in the mould of Ashley Cole

In two games he has marked Adomah and sessegnon our the match two guys people rave about, both with bags of pace and skill and neither of them had a sniff.

Furlong should have been playing from first game of the season he’s the future of the club (as other kids are)

Gave him motm yesterday, think I was his only vote so most bizarre. Great player with all the attributes
    I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

[QUOTE=West Acton;1687585]I absolutely love this fella and I put my neck on the line and say of the kids currently he will go furtherest in the game

He has taken some pelters in the past from fans, unfairly I would suggest, but he has so much promise

He is perfect for today’s football!!!! Quick, right build, brave, puts foot in, good in the air proper engine and looks like he has good head on his shoulders. He could be our Clive Wilson if nurtured properly and I would go as far as to say in the mould of Ashley Cole

In two games he has marked Adomah and sessegnon our the match two guys people rave about, both with bags of pace and skill and neither of them had a sniff.

Furlong should have been playing from first game of the season he’s the future of the club (as other kids are)[

Westy could that be that his chance came too early needed that bit development plus his injury got in the way of his development

Comment

Good player. Does Sir Darnell have the ring about it though?

Comment

Think he has been excellent since getting back into the starting line up. Obviously developed well over the last couple of years and perhaps barring time out with injury may have been in sooner.

I can remember when he was thrown in against the #### and Sanchez tore home a new one. We must never put our youngsters in that position

Comment

Great game yesterday. So good in the air for his height as well.

Comment

Think he deserved every criticism he got. But he's been good last 2-3 games.

Comment

There were a few of us who defended him after the two games against Sanchez and Bolasie

Comment

Was never a fan but credit where it is due did very well yesterday and we should look at building a partnership of him and Smyth in the future down our right hand side.

Comment

He never doc. Some of the protection some of our bigger names get in comparison to him is pretty shameful

Comment

Westy how about manning son? you binned him off ages ago if you remember! hes been very good.
                      http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

I've always said he should be our first choice RB, fantastic player. Been slagged off on here at times, others have seen his potential. Been superb recently and obviously being in a back four suits him better as it does the whole defence. Props for Jake Bidwell as well, thought he was brilliant yesterday too.

Comment

Still convinced if honest Pinks about manning. On the ball very good off it pretty poor. What I mean by that is if you watch him live you quickly see he turns off and let’s players go and does not always track back. Is that something which will come with more game time????

If we starts doing that he’s valuable addition but as said for me still question marks.

Question from me if he’s thst good why has ollie, who you champion as knowing what he’s doing, not really given him a sniff??

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                            Still convinced if honest Pinks about manning. On the ball very good off it pretty poor. What I mean by that is if you watch him live you quickly see he turns off and let’s players go and does not always track back. Is that something which will come with more game time????

If we starts doing that he’s valuable addition but as said for me still question marks.

Question from me if he’s thst good why has ollie, who you champion as knowing what he’s doing, not really given him a sniff??
                            Saw him switch off once or twice yesterday, but as always disagree mate, i think hes very good and has hardly had a run before youre judging him, all of our team not that long ago was prone to switching off and conceding stupid goals, its all part of why it looks like we`re learning from our mistakes
                            http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

I’m happy to be wrong on this one Pinks and hope he does produce for us. The switching off just gets to me, not just him, as switching off for one moment can be difference between winning and losing

I’m open to him not as good as something but in fairness not as bad as I have said other threads

Comment

Working...
                              X