Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Even the biggest of critics must admit....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
    Agree to a degree but the options we were playing were so poor and we were struggling due to carp formation in the main. Had Jamie and Sylla not disappeared doubt we would have seen much of youngsters. Stuck with Washington way too long. Ollie is a stubborn buffoon but seems to be born again!
    He was forced into it somewhat by injuries as much as poor form by his established forwards, remember when he started Smyth just out of the blue, I'm not sure if he would have made the changes to youth without all of the injuries, regardless it is working out!
    @gatorTFC

Comment

Originally posted by gator View Post
      He was forced into it somewhat by injuries as much as poor form by his established forwards, remember when he started Smyth just out of the blue, I'm not sure if he would have made the changes to youth without all of the injuries, regardless it is working out!
      Sure is, few of younger players looking good. Team more cohesive.

Not been an Ollie fan but hope this is the start of something much better. More than enough carp over last few decades!

Comment

On recent performance he done better than I expected. On time in charge he under performed. Didn't expect him to be the new messiah but be competitive.
        Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

I'd still have him out. He stubborn. Slow on the uptake. Few good games here there don't make up for majority of dire ones. The squad not world beaters but set up and drilled properly are lot better than we show.
          Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Second half was good 73 the first was same old. Second half totally different gear almost perfection that’s the standard!!!! Yesterday’s second half and what we done at villa for 90mins. Do that consistently next season and we will be sniffing about top six ala Millwall

Comment

Westy totally agree and exactly how I saw it and more games like yesterday will equal happy days.

Comment

Freeman is the puzzle Holloway needs to solve now to help us push on.

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
                  Why would it be westy? if someones said something then theres no harm in that is there, or showing the polls

anyway notice how quiet theyve gone
                  Pretty sure I had us down for a comfortable top 10 finish mate, with an outside chance of getting into the play offs.

Very surprised that I was in such a small minority to be fair.

I happened to think that Ollie had got a decent squad together with some good youngsters coming through. And despite the poor finish to the previous season, I was fully prepared to accept that was in the most part down to experimenting once he thought we were safe, even if it was a bit of a misjudgement.

What wound me up about this season though, was him attempting to play a formation which was never going to be a success due to not having the playing staff to do it properly. What then really wound me up, along with many others, was his inability to see it and persist with it, despite the players being far more comfortable in shall we say, a more traditional system.

Now, I could well be totally wrong here, but the performances of not only the whole team, but those of several individual players has dramatically improved over the course of the last 4 games in my opinion. Would you not agree?

You may not, but if you do, would that not suggest that the reason for it is the abandoning of the 3-5-2 nonsense?

Could also be the inclusion of the youngsters such as Smyth and Eze. I doubt very much if they miraculously developed into players more than capable of performing in the first team overnight. Which begs the question, why, when certain other players were clearly underperforming, were they not given an opportunity earlier?

I think many of us were concerned about the rumours of unrest behind the scenes with the players being unhappy about the way we were being set up. They could have course have been less accurate than we were being told. This, coupled with some of the absolutely dreadful performances we've had this term, surely has an effect on people's views of the manager.

As Stanley said the other day, what would be really interesting is if someone could get Holloway to explain the reasons for the above. And why he now seems to have a different view.

Pretty sure all any of us fans want is for our manager to pick whoever is available, in the best system for us, to go out with the positivity shown in recent weeks and produce the entertaining football that they have.

Apart from the odd couple of results earlier on, what we are seeing now seems to be making everybody much happier. And whilst we should be thankful for it, you can't really blame people for wondering why it's taken until March to do so.

Comment

Think it was just after the Forest debacle. Clint Hill was on a QPR podcast and he was saying
                    the the length of time the team had been together there should've been an improvement in results
                    by then. They should've got the ethos of the manager by now, and performing.
                    The fact that they weren't really playing anything like they have last 3 games for me
                    shows that Ollie was wrong to be so stubborn.
                    He has though grasped the situation and tactics substitutions have been spot on.
                    Credit where credits due
                    But maybe Clint should get some credit for speaking out as a pro, and someone in the club listened.

Comment

Originally posted by Ablockhoop View Post
                      That since Holloway has changed it ( all being should of done a while back) that he has done very well to get 8 points from the last 12.

Have been really pessimistic lately with the boring football but the style has improved massively
                      I have always said there's nothing wrong with the squad and said many times we should finish top half maybe even play-offs. - Just needed someone to put the players in the right positions from the start....... Anyway its looking like the penny has finally dropped and were looking a million times better for it.

One of the big things that stood out for me yesterday was even going 2-0 down we didnt drop our heads. Got 1 back to make it 2-1 and 2nd half we just pressed them from the off. Such a positive performance!
                      SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
                        Think it was just after the Forest debacle. Clint Hill was on a QPR podcast and he was saying
                        the the length of time the team had been together there should've been an improvement in results
                        by then. They should've got the ethos of the manager by now, and performing.
                        The fact that they weren't really playing anything like they have last 3 games for me
                        shows that Ollie was wrong to be so stubborn.
                        He has though grasped the situation and tactics substitutions have been spot on.
                        Credit where credits due
                        But maybe Clint should get some credit for speaking out as a pro, and someone in the club listened.
                        Clint Hill and Chris Ramsey may well be factors. I heard that some of the physio staff were just as dumbfounded by it too.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                          Clint Hill and Chris Ramsey may well be factors. I heard that some of the physio staff were just as dumbfounded by it too.
                          Something def changed behind the scenes after Forest, and rightly so Stanley

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
                            Pretty sure I had us down for a comfortable top 10 finish mate, with an outside chance of getting into the play offs.

Very surprised that I was in such a small minority to be fair.

I happened to think that Ollie had got a decent squad together with some good youngsters coming through. And despite the poor finish to the previous season, I was fully prepared to accept that was in the most part down to experimenting once he thought we were safe, even if it was a bit of a misjudgement.

What wound me up about this season though, was him attempting to play a formation which was never going to be a success due to not having the playing staff to do it properly. What then really wound me up, along with many others, was his inability to see it and persist with it, despite the players being far more comfortable in shall we say, a more traditional system.

Now, I could well be totally wrong here, but the performances of not only the whole team, but those of several individual players has dramatically improved over the course of the last 4 games in my opinion. Would you not agree?

You may not, but if you do, would that not suggest that the reason for it is the abandoning of the 3-5-2 nonsense?

Could also be the inclusion of the youngsters such as Smyth and Eze. I doubt very much if they miraculously developed into players more than capable of performing in the first team overnight. Which begs the question, why, when certain other players were clearly underperforming, were they not given an opportunity earlier?

I think many of us were concerned about the rumours of unrest behind the scenes with the players being unhappy about the way we were being set up. They could have course have been less accurate than we were being told. This, coupled with some of the absolutely dreadful performances we've had this term, surely has an effect on people's views of the manager.

As Stanley said the other day, what would be really interesting is if someone could get Holloway to explain the reasons for the above. And why he now seems to have a different view.

Pretty sure all any of us fans want is for our manager to pick whoever is available, in the best system for us, to go out with the positivity shown in recent weeks and produce the entertaining football that they have.

Apart from the odd couple of results earlier on, what we are seeing now seems to be making everybody much happier. And whilst we should be thankful for it, you can't really blame people for wondering why it's taken until March to do so.
                            Yes i do agree performances have dramatically changed in the last 4 games, but also we have seen glimpses of this in games before forest like wolves away where we pinned them back the whole second half, and small bits of play in other games, but as we all know it seemed with that other formation we was getting picked off & the forest game was the final straw, but also the inclusion of two youngsters who were to help the new formation dramatically going forward, which we majorly lacked before there inclusion, dont you agree brights? thats why i think we have improved since as its also gave a lift to the senior players, seeing these two coming on and doing what noone else has been doing, but as you and everyone else has said about the 4 at the back making us more solid and less prone to the counter attacks we were conceding to. Just think its a combination of all tbh, but atleast we`re all chuffed as its a big improvement & we`re playing some great stuff with it aswell.
                            http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Yes Pinkie, the two youngsters have made a huge difference. Their positivity and desire is a delight to see. Along with their undoubted talent. We most definitely lacked the threat of danger that we do now.

Hopefully, the changes are here to stay. Would take a very brave or very stupid man to go back to the way we were.

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
                                Yes Pinkie, the two youngsters have made a huge difference. Their positivity and desire is a delight to see. Along with their undoubted talent. We most definitely lacked the threat of danger that we do now.

Hopefully, the changes are here to stay. Would take a very brave or very stupid man to go back to the way we were.
                                Imagine if next match he reverts to 352 with Mackie and Washington up front, that might put a bit of pressure on mods here!
                                @gatorTFC

Comment

Working...
                                X