Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Even the biggest of critics must admit....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Awin View Post
    Great listen and explains a lot about his decision making.
    I thought so, it would be nice if some others heard things explained by the man himself, he clears up many things we question!
    @gatorTFC

Comment

• Never cleared up 3-5-2.

Puff piece (Sinton spoon feeding him open goal fan appeasement). If Ollie lives the way he speaks, he needs anti-depressants.

He intimates that the players need to listen and follow orders and if things go wrong it's their communication between each other that's the reason.

He is ininteligible and plays the " i'm experienced and you're not" card.

Huge concerns over this " Chauncey Gardener" of a manager.

Last edited by acricketer; 24-03-2018, 11:52 PM.

Comment

• Listened and that creates more questions then answers. Good interview in places but bloody alarm bells in others

Really think media could do with taking him out the limelight for the bit

Comment

• I don't disagree with you West and Cricket, some things are a little ambiguous, it is a club sponsored podcast as afaik, I thought it was worth listening to and he did explain his actions somewhat!
          @gatorTFC

Comment

• Originally posted by Undecided View Post
            Hopefully we have passed the point of no return.
            As long as they don't flog them off in the Summer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alanwycombe View Post
              As long as they don't flog them off in the Summer.
              Indeed. But surely a backward step if a challenge for promotion is contemplated in the next couple of seasons by "The Plan"

But then money talks if the price is right.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alanwycombe View Post
                Scoff all you like Pinkie, fact remains he played the wrong system until mid-March. Lots of people said it was wrong and lots of people said the squad could be better than he was getting out of it, both points subsequently proved right. Did Holloway finally get it right on his own or were the much maligned DOF and Ramsey involved? Seems likely don't you think - given Holloway had shown no sign of changing it before? You can cherry pick the bit about Eze to make one point but, as always, you ignore other equally valid points about his failings.......until mid-March. Like many others I invest a lot of time and money following my team and we are perfectly justified in criticising what is obviously wrong. I so wish you had been sitting next to me at Forest when he spent more time gesticulating to the Forest fans than sorting out a dire display. Your posts following that would have been interesting. I remain totally unconvinced that he will develop a young side. He doesn't have it in his pedigree anywhere he has managed. I could be wrong - something which, unlike you, I am prepared and happy to be if we are successful - but the improvement has Ramsey written all over it for me. DOF/club didn't want the upset of another appointment and this looks like their solution to me.

Alan you was going on about last year that he doesnt & wont play the youngsters, now youre going on about he wont develope them, from where im sitting hes doing very well on both those fronts! also if we had changed system before the youngsters came in i really dont think we would be doing like we are now, freeman was our only flare in midfield but wasnt outstanding & a lack of goals from midfield and upfront, ollies got smith fitter and it shows and for me now hes a starter, looks alot fitter and hungrier combined with the youngsters, also furrs is looking superb now which agains down to the way theyve been handled in the right way, takes time and me personally i think theyve all been brought in at the right times and stages, so the way youre going on alan if i looked at what you voted in the polls youve got us down for top half then? i had us down for a ambitious 9th, but considering most who voted on the poll had us for relegated or in a relegation battle, something like about 60 odd %! but unbeleivable how alot are still going on yet thy know damn well we`re on the up and starting to do really well now.
                http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

• Originally posted by gator View Post
                  I don't disagree with you West and Cricket, some things are a little ambiguous, it is a club sponsored podcast as afaik, I thought it was worth listening to and he did explain his actions somewhat!
                  "Somewhat" is the keyword here, i`m afraid. Amongst other things, he didn`t explain why he played 3-5-2 for such a long period. Last season it could actually have sent us down a division.
                  QPR
                  Best team in the world
                  Sort of

Comment

• Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
                    Alan you was going on about last year that he doesnt & wont play the youngsters, now youre going on about he wont develope them, from where im sitting hes doing very well on both those fronts! also if we had changed system before the youngsters came in i really dont think we would be doing like we are now, freeman was our only flare in midfield but wasnt outstanding & a lack of goals from midfield and upfront, ollies got smith fitter and it shows and for me now hes a starter, looks alot fitter and hungrier combined with the youngsters, also furrs is looking superb now which agains down to the way theyve been handled in the right way, takes time and me personally i think theyve all been brought in at the right times and stages, so the way youre going on alan if i looked at what you voted in the polls youve got us down for top half then? i had us down for a ambitious 9th, but considering most who voted on the poll had us for relegated or in a relegation battle, something like about 60 odd %! but unbeleivable how alot are still going on yet thy know damn well we`re on the up and starting to do really well now.
                    Most probalbly despite of Ollie.
                    QPR
                    Best team in the world
                    Sort of

Comment

• Why don't you get off the merry-go-round of slagging off he manager , and try to give the other side a chance and have the patience to see if he has turned things around

Comment

• Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
                        Why don't you get off the merry-go-round of slagging off he manager , and try to give the other side a chance and have the patience to see if he has turned things around
                        When gotten the chance to play to their strength and in a suitable formation the players have most probably turned things around.
                        QPR
                        Best team in the world
                        Sort of

Comment

• Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
                          Why don't you get off the merry-go-round of slagging off he manager , and try to give the other side a chance and have the patience to see if he has turned things around
                          Had a few decent games after 60 odd games of mainly carp. That said now changes have finally been made happy to see what happens for remainder of the season and if we can keep things going. If things remain positive lets see how he starts next season although to be honest if we had the chance of a half decent Championship standard manager would take it.

Using his own language he needs to show he can do his job and over a period of time as opposed to 4 games.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
                            You say from where you are sitting? What lunatic asylum is that Pinkie?

Comment

• Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
                              Had a few decent games after 60 odd games of mainly carp. That said now changes have finally been made happy to see what happens for remainder of the season and if we can keep things going. If things remain positive lets see how he starts next season although to be honest if we had the chance of a half decent Championship standard manager would take it.

Using his own language he needs to show he can do his job and over a period of time as opposed to 4 games.
                              We'll of course it's got be over a substantial period , but he does appear to be handling the young players in the right manor , only a fool would think these players were ready for 1st team duty back in September imo some of our young players ie Furlong Manning and the youngster that's out on loan were given their chance to early , that interview he had with Sinton on cloud sums this up

Comment

• Originally posted by Shania View Post
                                "Somewhat" is the keyword here, i`m afraid. Amongst other things, he didn`t explain why he played 3-5-2 for such a long period. Last season it could actually have sent us down a division.
                                He did shania, whether you agree with him or not.

Said he has had 9 defenders out (not all at the same time) and claimed the players lacked confidence as a result defending.
                                He claimed that is why we played 5 at the back and why he tried adapting pavel to right wingback.

Comment

Working...
                                X