Just back...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just back...

Nearly froze my nuts off. Thank god for brandy. What a second half that was! Nicking that goal first half made all the difference, but I couldn't believe how different the performances were after the break. Fulham were all over the place, withering under the constant Rangers pressure. Pav was right in front of me when he stole the ball and scored that beaut, what composure. It was particularly pleasurable being in the neutral stand and giving it large, plenty of dirty looks, You Rs!

Really enjoyable afternoon Hud.

Comment

The best bit for me was sitting in the mixed stand with all the R's in full voice to the left of me (A mate who supports Fulham got me tickets). I spot the geezer who sits next to me in the lower loft and he's having a pop at one of the Foolham on my side whose having a go back. I start waiving at him to get his attention and a bunch of R's start turning and gesturing to me as they think I am giving it large:-) All's well that ends well as i go ballistic with my two young-uns when the 2nd goes in. I think I upset a few people. Most bizarre how you can have the stand behind the Goal all cordoned off to separate the fans and then you can turn round walk down the steps and be mixing with the same herberts your shouting at in the stands. Anyway best 2n half performance of the Season as was well worth the wind-chill.

Comment

Originally posted by Fghoop View Post
        The best bit for me was sitting in the mixed stand with all the R's in full voice to the left of me (A mate who supports Fulham got me tickets). I spot the geezer who sits next to me in the lower loft and he's having a pop at one of the Foolham on my side whose having a go back. I start waiving at him to get his attention and a bunch of R's start turning and gesturing to me as they think I am giving it large:-) All's well that ends well as i go ballistic with my two young-uns when the 2nd goes in. I think I upset a few people. Most bizarre how you can have the stand behind the Goal all cordoned off to separate the fans and then you can turn round walk down the steps and be mixing with the same herberts your shouting at in the stands. Anyway best 2n half performance of the Season as was well worth the wind-chill.
        you had the same years back at sheff wed , away supporters shared the same concourse and cafe with home fans

Comment

Quality game yesterday - albeit first half they played us off the park! Should have won it second half .

Superb away support. I was genuinely stunned at just how pathetic their support is though. They were 2 up in a local derby, absolutely flying in the league and were deadly silent throughout, such a muggy club.
          You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
            Quality game yesterday - albeit first half they played us off the park! Should have won it second half .

Superb away support. I was genuinely stunned at just how pathetic their support is though. They were 2 up in a local derby, absolutely flying in the league and were deadly silent throughout, such a muggy club.
            I don't think they have enough geezers following them. Walking around before the match and it looked like a crowd going to a fireworks display or the cinema. I look like that, I guess, so don't have a problem with it. LOL. Lovely ground, though. Old school. Fabulous away end. I always enjoy going there.

Comment

We`are always having a go at our support for being quiet , but i thought the atmosphere was excellent from us yesterday ,even throughout the first half we didnt shut up ,our first goal happened just at the right time for us ,because the muggy " we`re ####ing #### " song was just beginning to be sung on the concourse behind the stand .
              Didnt sit down all game , and our end erupted for the equaliser , best match ive seen for ages.
              Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post

After the game I met up with my Fulham mates who were in the Hammersmith end, they said they couldn't hear us at all! It's the same thing as at our place, if you're in the away end, you can't hear the home end much at all. They reckoned they were singing all game long. All I could hear was Rangers and we were brilliant. Clearly it's all about acoustics. So much fun being in the neutral stand next to the QPR fans, plenty of Fulham 'fans' ####ed off at half time, half the crowd around us were from abroad. Some weird bunch in red anoraks kept giving me evils every time I shouted Come on Rs or celebrated our goals, it was ####ing hilarious! Felt a bit sorry for my nephew though, who was standing next to me. He's a Fulham fan!

Comment

Saw the red anoraks going in. They had Wales printed on them and one in a blue with Scotland on it. Think they were from around Shania land they all tend to sing when they speak.

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
                    After the game I met up with my Fulham mates who were in the Hammersmith end, they said they couldn't hear us at all! It's the same thing as at our place, if you're in the away end, you can't hear the home end much at all. They reckoned they were singing all game long. All I could hear was Rangers and we were brilliant. Clearly it's all about acoustics. So much fun being in the neutral stand next to the QPR fans, plenty of Fulham 'fans' ####ed off at half time, half the crowd around us were from abroad. Some weird bunch in red anoraks kept giving me evils every time I shouted Come on Rs or celebrated our goals, it was ####ing hilarious! Felt a bit sorry for my nephew though, who was standing next to me. He's a Fulham fan!
                    i live opposite their ground , the away team always out sing them.

Comment

In Fulham or over the river mate? I'm asking cos a really good mate of mine's family home is literally opposite the ground in Finlay Street. I mean it's probably the closest house to the ground.

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
                        In Fulham or over the river mate? I'm asking cos a really good mate of mine's family home is literally opposite the ground in Finlay Street. I mean it's probably the closest house to the ground.
                        over the river

Comment

Working...
                        X