MOTM | Fulham 2 QPR 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
    Without Freeman we probably would be in a relegation fight. Amazed by these comments suddenly coming out of the woodwork. He's kept us ticking most of the season. One game where people think he made mistakes and boom, he's surplus to requirements and Eze is the new messiah. Never do anything by halves must be this board's motto FFS.
    This.
    How can we be so happy to sell the player who has assisted most of our goals. Bizarre.

Comment

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
      Hubs. I would trade him if it meant keeping Smithies. Never fancied Chery as a player and not a lover of Freeman either only my opinion and I first said he should be dropped before christmas so not a knee jerk thing just something based on what I see. Rested on Tuesday and by all accounts we played very well before he came on so we could do without him.
      Before he came on and scored.

Comment

I don't think anyone would get rid of him without very good compensation, I just think that he's not as great as others think. Yes, he has plenty of assists, he takes all the set pieces for the club and in his role, he's allowed the freedom to create so he should have assists. He's not bad by any stretch, he's just not gonna get us to or near the prem imo. One big thing as well is that not only is he slow to release the ball, but he's actually quite slow moving.

We as a club have to be smart with our assets now and I think that we can more easily find a replacement for Freeman than for say Smithies or Luongo or Wszolek.

To that end, if we can get very good money for him, we should take it imo.
        "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Oh give over. He's not as great as others think? It's not what we think, Mr Stat Man, it's in the bloody stats: fourth top assists in the championship. And that's in a team Holloway was mangling with his tactics. So nice to have you back from your sojourn with your expert opinions!
          Last edited by Hubble; 19-03-2018, 02:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
            Without Freeman we probably would be in a relegation fight. Amazed by these comments suddenly coming out of the woodwork. He's kept us ticking most of the season. One game where people think he made mistakes and boom, he's surplus to requirements and Eze is the new messiah. Never do anything by halves must be this board's motto FFS.
            You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

freeman is a quality player for us and his stats prove that, hes gotta have earned us 15 points from his assists and goals alone at least, plus he also gets stuck in with tackles, hes been someone that we really needed and has far surpassed chery as our creative outlet. sure he has his negatives like holding the ball for too long but hes been crucial this season no doubt about that.

i can see him going in the summer though given our current state as a selling club

Comment

To quote Matty, well his signature anyway "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity."

Freeman obviously wasn't motm on Saturday but seriously, some of what's being posted just beggars belief.
                #standuptocancer
                #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Great player, whom we have to keep. But the coaches need to have him release the ball earlier at times; step over only when necessary; and stop digging out players when things don't work out.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluehoop View Post
                    To quote Matty, well his signature anyway "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity."

Freeman obviously wasn't motm on Saturday but seriously, some of what's being posted just beggars belief.
                    My vote was a protest vote from reading all the rubbish written about him

Comment

Freeman has carried that team at times this season and has earned a few not so good days.

Comment

What a player he'd be if he could use his right foot for anything other than standing on.

Comment

Can't remember a player who could deliver a corner before Freeman turned up !

Comment

I’m not sure many are suggesting selling him but think it’s fair to expect him to do more then he is, I know that sounds odd given his stats, but I genuinely believe there is actually a far better player in him then we are seeing if he actually was less selfish, showboaty and more of team player

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                              I’m not sure many are suggesting selling him but think it’s fair to expect him to do more then he is, I know that sounds odd given his stats, but I genuinely believe there is actually a far better player in him then we are seeing if he actually was less selfish, showboaty and more of team player

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Wilson View Post
                                My vote was a protest vote from reading all the rubbish written about him
                                #standuptocancer
                                #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Working...
                                X