MOTM | Fulham 2 QPR 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
    Not good or strong enough as a central midfielder and does not track back when he loses the ball as shown by the first goal yesterday. We moved the ball quicker when he was not in the centre in the 2nd half so I would have him on the wing or even look to move him on if it meant keeping Mas or Smithies or both.
    Mate, totally agree. Freeman holds the ball for way too long and his first thought is always "How can I dribble past this guy" instead of "How can I get the ball past this guy under any circumstance". Yes, he has a decent set piece on him but we have goss coming back next season who apparently has that too and I'd say Wszolek has a good delivery on him and shot if needed.

Freeman is an easy sell, market him as an English player who is the top assister in the championship and ignore everything else about his game and you can get a good 5-7m for him at least, if not more.
    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Liked Cousins and Luongo in the centre good energy and pressing which help launch attacks quickly.

Comment

Freeman is just the new chery

Comment

Agree with that Awin.

Comment

Originally posted by Awin View Post
            Freeman is just the new chery
            Pretty accurate, both players who liked having the ball and slowed down our play significantly. Still think that Chery was a much better player with his decision making, he just happened to take a while to make that decision.
            "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Both Chery and Freeman play for themselves and in Freeman's case the stats definitely do not paint a true reflection. How the hell he was voted motm yesterday is anyone's guess

Comment

I think his mum was at the game and was asked to adjudicate.

Comment

Without Freeman we probably would be in a relegation fight. Amazed by these comments suddenly coming out of the woodwork. He's kept us ticking most of the season. One game where people think he made mistakes and boom, he's surplus to requirements and Eze is the new messiah. Never do anything by halves must be this board's motto FFS.

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
                    Without Freeman we probably would be in a relegation fight. Amazed by these comments suddenly coming out of the woodwork. He's kept us ticking most of the season. One game where people think he made mistakes and boom, he's surplus to requirements and Eze is the new messiah. Never do anything by halves must be this board's motto FFS.
                    Reckon most on here rate Freeman, Hubs. You're far from alone.

One glaring example yesterday - he had the ball on the half way line by the touch line. Almost got tackled and ended up having to make a backward pass, but he was screaming at the players in front who were marked to make a run so he could pass it to them. IOW he sometimes has to hold on to possession for longer which he's more than capable of (and risk being tackled). But as a creative attacking player he would rather make a forward pass or dribble, so if his team-mates don't help him out with runs that's not his fault. Until Eze broke into the side he was literally the only creative outlet we had, so calling for him to be dropped made no sense at all.

Comment

Yes Stan, he had a difficult role yesterday against the no. 1 form team of the division and first half he wasn't backed up properly. Yes, sometimes he takes his time, too long perhaps, but put it into context, please. People on here, as witnessed above, are actually saying get rid FFS. Nuts.

Comment

Hubs. I would trade him if it meant keeping Smithies. Never fancied Chery as a player and not a lover of Freeman either only my opinion and I first said he should be dropped before christmas so not a knee jerk thing just something based on what I see. Rested on Tuesday and by all accounts we played very well before he came on so we could do without him.

Comment

We have a mediocre squad. Sell the 'silver' and grow some potatoes in the garden.

Comment

Freeman is better then Chery he just needs to realise he has options and don’t have to do it all on his own. As Nas says you can beat a man by passing ball

Comment

Pawel got it on the offish.

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
                                right on hubs , freeman is our best player by a country mile , always looking to drive forward , i don't want to watch players back passing unless we're 3 nil up . for years i've had to sit thru the defence passing it to eachother then the keeper until someone hoofs it up . at least freeman tries to make things happen , i agree he can hang on to the ball for to long at times but he has the right intentions

Comment

Working...
                                X