4-4-2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4-4-2

Title of the thread says all I need to say. Big shout out to 4-4-2. Long may 4-4-2 reign!

It what us sofa manager have said all season.
    QPR
    Best team in the world
    Sort of

Comment

Don't even remember writing this. Was sozzled yesterday afternoon!

Comment

Bidwell is playing in his natural position and he was bombing up and down in the 2nd half and looks a good left back whose natural instinct is to run from from deep on the overlap. The system has everything to do with the upturn in fortune as we are now getting the best we can with what we have at our disposal.

Comment

Look so comfortable playing it. We’re not great first half but wow second half was everything could have asked for
          Last time they dropped points at home was November so two down to come back was some feat

Comment

1st half was poor as we stood off them and our centre mid was the problem. Once Manning went in there and then Cousins we were then at the races and started to get a good grip of the game. Freeman needs to chucked on the wing or bench as he is a major problem when we try to move the ball quickly.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
                Bidwell is playing in his natural position and he was bombing up and down in the 2nd half and looks a good left back whose natural instinct is to run from from deep on the overlap. The system has everything to do with the upturn in fortune as we are now getting the best we can with what we have at our disposal.
                It's kind of puzzling to me with Bidwell, as a Wingback he did look like a fish out of water at times when he got into forward positions and attempted crosses, now when he's overlapped he looks like a different player, maybe as you say it's from starting from a deeper position, I think he's just come in to a run of form! On the other side I think it's because Furlong has come in and is playing much better than many of us expected, I was one that didn't think Wszolek was all that poor there, he was distracted by his new defensive responsibilities in that role, I prefer him played further up the pitch! The other factors in this working are the "midfield 3" being split up the last couple of games giving Ollie more flexibility there and of course Eze and Smyth now playing prominent roles in attacking play and Ollie finally sitting Washington down!
                @gatorTFC

Comment

The midfield three for me was and is Holloways single biggest problem and only Luongo should be played in there from now as no coincidence that we move the ball quicker without Scowen and when we moved Freeman wide.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                    Title of the thread says all I need to say. Big shout out to 4-4-2. Long may 4-4-2 reign!
                    Amen
                    nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

With the talent we have, two banks of 4 makes perfect sense right now. It's no 442 (Eze sits behind Smith so it's more a 4411) but still, point stands. Luongo, Lynch, Onuoha, Furlong, Bidwell and Wszolek look so good in this formation by comparison to the 3atb
                      "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Working...
                      X