No announcement yet.

All players are up for sale...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well there is nothing new here and club said as much in fans forum. We got make ends meet if we have to sell as long as we get decent money job done

Comment

Shame about Robinson.

Comment

And when all the assets(players)have been sold then the club will be.

How about a three for two deal Tony?

Comment

Originally posted by Bluehoop View Post
          Whilst I understand the sentiments fellas, the harsh reality is that historically we were sustainable by being a selling Club and the Board have said that is the blueprint they are looking to go back to. The days of giving opportunities, turning rough diamonds into something more sparkly and then cashing in is a big part of our history.
          Yes mate, that's kinda what I meant but didn't explain myself well enough. By self-sustainable I meant no longer paying out wages and transfer fees that the club can't generate itself through player sales, ticket sales, merchandise, TV money, sponsorship, advertising, corporate hospitality, (Oaklands project?) etc. And no longer being kept afloat by bank loans and sugar daddies that only push the club into debt.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
            If that is their new blueprint for the club, maybe they need to revist the ticket pricing.

charging top end prices for mid to lower champinship football will lose a lot of support.

having a realistic price of say £20 for an adult match day ticket and a fiver for over 8 to 16 and oaps would be reasonable.
            Got to say I agree. Better to fill the ground with people who pay affordable prices, than go under because of the appalling injustice of FFP. But we need to stay in the championship or we've got no chance of selling out many games (well, maybe Oxford & Luton) even at those prices. Relegation (not this season fortunately), perhaps soon two divisions, will take years to recover from.
            TF, first bamboozled, and then made to look utterly silly in being swayed by Hughes 'reputation' & his idol Redknapp's 'West 'Am' cockney charm, is basically skint. That's why Ruben now makes the big decisions I assume. TF I think, is gambling that Holloway will turn into another Warnock, getting the best out of pretty ordinary players (the likes of Luongo spring immediately to mind) , and/or hoping we'll find bargains that will stick with us for a season before being sold at a big profit. 250 million is a lot to throw away, not many can do it and come out the other end, and much of it went because we didn't carry through due diligence. We gambled and lost heavily.

I'm 61. If this is true (what Fozzie says) I doubt if I'll live long enough to see us back in the Premiership even if I make it to my 80s. Championship at best for decades to come.
            Last edited by bushkangaroo; 17-03-2018, 05:07 AM.

Comment

I can only hope Fozzie has got it wrong and its a case of chinese whispers.

Comment

Working...
              X