All players are up for sale...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All players are up for sale...

I was told today by a very solid source, that all players have been told they are available for transfer. Holloway is suppose to be angry as it won’t allow him to build a team.

Yeah, right.

Comment

proof

Comment

What a load of ########. I suspect everyone is available at a price that’s what being a selling clubs all about. To say everyone’s for sale is I suspect well wide of the mark

Comment

Originally posted by Greg1882 View Post
          I suspect everyone is available at a price that’s what being a selling clubs all about.
          Of course they are, and these days that applies to most clubs.

Comment

No players are available for transfers at this stage of the season.

Theoretically, all players from every club will have their price if those who make the decisions feel that they could be replaced with players of at least equal ability for less money.

Even if there was the slightest truth in this, it would be grossly unfair on Holloway. And judging by recent comments from TF, he will continue to back Holloway in the interests of bringing stability.

Wouldn't surprise me if players like Smithies and Robinson would welcome a move away though, bearing in mind what they have had to endure this season. My worry is that the recent upturn in fortunes won't be enough to convince them that their future here is sufficiently bright.

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
              No players are available for transfers at this stage of the season.
              I think most people are aware of that, but the planning and contingencies will have started already. Hopefully.

Comment

It’s one thing being a selling club , but it’s another to tell all the players they are available so they start asking their agents to find new clubs.

If you look at my history of posts I have been pro Holloway , pro TF and not one to start rumours. If you you don’t believe me then fine.

Comment

I am sick of selling all our players every season/window.
                  Sick of being a selling club.

Comment

I hope that includes the gump twins.
                    nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Clive's preview of the game tomorrow mentions talk of Robinson playing for Fulham next season.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                        IF there's any substance to this rumour:

It would only be a temporary situation. Once FFP is out of the way the club can start becoming self-sustainable. In the meantime fan expectations may have to be lowered. Personally my only wish is we never play the dreaded wingbacks again ;-) in which case I'll be happy whatever short-term restrictions the club has to endure.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                          Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                          IF there's any substance to this rumour:

It would only be a temporary situation. Once FFP is out of the way the club can start becoming self-sustainable. In the meantime fan expectations may have to be lowered. Personally my only wish is we never play the dreaded wingbacks again ;-) in which case I'll be happy whatever short-term restrictions the club has to endure.
                          Whilst I understand the sentiments fellas, the harsh reality is that historically we were sustainable by being a selling Club and the Board have said that is the blueprint they are looking to go back to. The days of giving opportunities, turning rough diamonds into something more sparkly and then cashing in is a big part of our history.
                          #standuptocancer
                          #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Originally posted by Bluehoop View Post
                            Whilst I understand the sentiments fellas, the harsh reality is that historically we were sustainable by being a selling Club and the Board have said that is the blueprint they are looking to go back to. The days of giving opportunities, turning rough diamonds into something more sparkly and then cashing in is a big part of our history.
                            If that is their new blueprint for the club, maybe they need to revist the ticket pricing.

charging top end prices for mid to lower champinship football will lose a lot of support.

having a realistic price of say £20 for an adult match day ticket and a fiver for over 8 to 16 and oaps would be reasonable.
                            nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Originally posted by Bluehoop View Post
                              Totally agree but to call us a selling club since uncle bungles been here is stretching it about 250 million times.

Comment

Working...
                              X