Best performance and result in long time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best performance and result in long time

Possibly best since our Premiership days and away to a side who needed the points for their promotion push.

Puts a slightly different slant on things and makes rest of season important in how we go on from there. If we can show some consistency, and by that I don't mean win every game, that will breed confidence. It will mean we will have a greater chance of keeping players we want to and attracting others.

If last night proves to be a one off and we revert to being poor a lot of the time would possibly have opposite effect and also would make expectations for next season along the lines of more of the same.

Ollie's great strength has always been to gee up players and get them motivated. Some managers can't do that. There are any number of bright coaches out there who can't. His great weakness has been odd selections, tactics and a general inability to change games. I am hoping last night will have shown him two things:

1. Set the team up to play to it's strengths and forget how you would like to do things with your ideal squad.
    2. Give youngsters a chance and they may repay you. Has taken a long time for them to start getting real game time.

If Ollie keeps things simple and focused whilst motivating squad could do ok. It's when he starts trying to be clever it goes wrong. He isn't a clever manager, simple as that.

History tells us Ollie can't help himself in indulging his weaknesses but up to him. If he learns from all the pluses from last night he has a chance to get the team playing much better and giving himself and the club a more solid base going into the summer and next season. We don't need to spend loads to do well next season. Keep the nucleus of the current squad, dispose of some more dead wood and couple of clever signings and we could do top 10.

Think it's probably our best performance of the season, all playing well, tactics right smith occupied their 2 central defenders especially the that carthorse Terry, we seemed organised and with Eze and Manning in the team were able to press the game much quicker, Eze looks really comfortable on the ball,

Comment

Hollow Head Out!
      Bungle Out!
      Gold and Sullivan In!

Comment

Easily the best performance by QPR since returning to the Championship.

Well done to them all, but many of us said all along that the players were capable of performing like this if only given the chance to play in a formation that suited them.

The question is why did it take IH 34 games to see that 3 at the back was costing QPR dearly nearly every game? It really feels like a wasted season.

Comment

He's 55 and been a manager on and off for about 20 years. Are we to believe that he has suddenly seen the light after reading 'Pep Confidential' and will propel us forwards and upwards from this moment in time forever, and that we will do well to keep the predator clubs away?

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
            Easily the best performance by QPR since returning to the Championship.

Well done to them all, but many of us said all along that the players were capable of performing like this if only given the chance to play in a formation that suited them.

The question is why did it take IH 34 games to see that 3 at the back was costing QPR dearly nearly every game? It really feels like a wasted season.
            Have to say that is exactly how I feel, when i saw the team last night i really feared but by playing players in their correct positions look what happened. It was nice to see Bidwell do so well too, i like him but the other formation didn't seem to suit him then yesterday he sets one up and scores one from open play. Certainly not grumbling after a nice little win against Villa and Terry but its doesn't seem to be rocket science to notice since the formation change we have taken 7 out of 9 points ! Which could have been 9 out of 9 with better finishing. Lets hope for a cracking end of the season because thats what we all want to get the feel good factor back into going to watch the R'ssssssss.

Comment

read in the paper that villa said they were tired as they beaten wolves saturday , didn't we play then as well

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
                I agree on the 3 at the back being a real problem but at the same time, the chances we have missed up top have been criminal and can arguably have been costing us as dearly.

Comment

Working...
                X