Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

can we hold on to the likes of Eze and smyth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can we hold on to the likes of Eze and smyth?

Eze could be the next Bowles-like star, and Smyth barring injury will get better and better. We would never hold onto Bowles for more than a season nowadays, were he to arrive on the scene in today's UK football world. Reality dictates we'll cash in, I'm guessing, during the transfer window, with a major Premier side who don't have to worry about FFP ("FFP? what's that?") perhaps being prepared to loan one or both back to us. Or we might have to make do with a sell-on clause. These two have got something. Forget Kerslake, Parrett and Josh Bowler, I think these two are going to be the real deal.

Selling club these day mate, and everyone has a price.

Obviously these 2 lads won't be on huge money at the moment having just stepped up from the EDS. I'd suggest we need to tie them both down on 3 or 4 year deals on Championship money in the summer, at least that way we will definitely be fairly compensated if a big club comes sniffing!
    Last edited by Tarbie; 14-03-2018, 10:14 AM.

Comment

Prem sides won't come in for either just yet mate.

They look good but thats what, 3 starts for Eze? 4 for Smyth?

If we can keep them for the next season which is highly likely as said, they'll be cornerstones of the team and then wilL no doubt be in the window. However, it now looks like the team have learnt football, or at least have been allowed to play it. On the last three matches alone i think we've shown that we have a far better team than results and performances this season have led on.

We could upper mid table next season, play off contenders. On that form players may well want to stay and make the push as stars, rather than subs in a lower prem team.

Comment

Don't forget that Wheeler also has an eye for goal too. I'd love to see them three play up top together.

I hope these players have no release clause, this could result in a higher fee if we had to sell.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
          Selling club these day mate, and everyone has a price.

Obviously these 2 lads won't be on huge money at the moment having just stepped up from the EDS. I'd suggest we need to the them both down on 3 or 4 year deals on Championship money in the summer, at least that way we will definitely be fairly compensated if a big club comes sniffing!

Comment

Far too early to think like this, Do agree tying them down is the way forward.

Comment

The right decision must be to keep them for next season come what may. They will still be worth selling if we aren't pushing at the top. The board must give the club a chance.

Comment

Eze will be here for another 9 games. Let's enjoy as long as we can.

Comment

if they keeping progressing, perhaps a season more
                  I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                  This morning's tempest I have to cross
                  I must be guided without a stumble
                  Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Of course, they are way too raw still to be considered by a top Champ team/low Prem side.

If Fulham have managed to keep hold of Ryan Sessegnon for so long, then we'll be ok for at least next season.

Comment

I'd hope they take one look at Josh Bowler and prefer to play at a higher, certainly more competitive level week in, week out before they leave.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                        I'd hope they take one look at Josh Bowler and prefer to play at a higher, certainly more competitive level week in, week out before they leave.
                        Definately with being young aswell it would do them good to stay here for a few seasons, you never know we might make a fist of a promotion challenge if we can keep hold.
                        http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                          Or Sterling.

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy the Doc View Post
                            Or Sterling.
                            Yep...cant really think of any other we've sold "upwards" in recent times.

Comment

Sterling didn't kick a ball for us and went straight into starting eleven for Liverpool. Can Eze do anything similar, nobody knows but he looks very special player.

Comment

Working...
                              X