Moving overseas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
    £3k a month back then was a two bedroom apartment in Discovery Bay which was to be fair a nice size with decent views. However, my boss was in mid-levels in a much smaller one bedroom place which was £6k a month!
    We did take the chance to visit Malaysia, Thailand etc and as part of my job I went to China. It is a good base to see other places in Asia

If you need any other info feel free to PM me. I do still know people out there but it was a log time ago I went!
    It seems that prices are still expensive but have actually dropped in the past couple of decades. I guess back then there was a limited availability of new, modern homes suitable for westerners. These days there is a building site on every corner and all the old 60's style blocks are getting spruced up inside. Appreciate the responses, I'll certainly PM you if I have any questions!

Comment

Originally posted by Jeems View Post
      It seems that prices are still expensive but have actually dropped in the past couple of decades. I guess back then there was a limited availability of new, modern homes suitable for westerners. These days there is a building site on every corner and all the old 60's style blocks are getting spruced up inside. Appreciate the responses, I'll certainly PM you if I have any questions!
      No probs Jeems. I went back last year on holiday. We thought that might be for the last time but I suspect we will return as we are very fond of the place.

Comment

Working...
      X