advise please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• advise please

work for the local council on the mini golf. They payed 45 minutes to do the cashing up, paperwork and drop the money off to the local bank. As the bank has closed they are threatening to take away the 45 minutes. Also, now they're playing hard ball, where do you stand working week-ends, should you be getting more than those working Mon-Fri? Any advise will be gratefully received. (Principle of the matter rather than lost of money that irks)
    I must away now, I can no longer tarry
    This morning's tempest I have to cross
    I must be guided without a stumble
    Into the arms I love the most

Originally posted by lymehoop View Post
    work for the local council on the mini golf. They payed 45 minutes to do the cashing up, paperwork and drop the money off to the local bank. As the bank has closed they are threatening to take away the 45 minutes. Also, now they're playing hard ball, where do you stand working week-ends, should you be getting more than those working Mon-Fri? Any advise will be gratefully received. (Principle of the matter rather than lost of money that irks)
    I don't think they can refuse to pay that money mate, not unless you signed some sort of contract saying payment upon completion or something similar, a bit like a painter might do.
    As for working weekends, i don't think there are any employment laws stating you have to be paid more, again its down to the contract you have with them.
    If there is no contract, i wouldn't have a scooby.
    “He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long”
    Will Danaher

Comment

Sell a couple of putters and pocket the cash.

Comment

my little bro is on one of them zero hours contracts , has to ring in friday afternoons to see what hours he's got next week , no sick or holiday pay... criminal

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
          my little bro is on one of them zero hours contracts , has to ring in friday afternoons to see what hours he's got next week , no sick or holiday pay... criminal
          yes, they've just issued us with a new zero hours contract. All weighed in favour of them. I'm glad I'm coming to the end of my working life. Feel for youngsters starting out in life, as you rightly say, criminal.

Comment

You see Lymes, this is what unions used to be for, protecting workers' rights.

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
              Yeah but workers took the pi ss. Its very much like south Africa with the whites now being treated badly. We need a happy medium. My company has gone massively down hill but I just want inflation not a 1 % #### take
              I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

they've been walked all over on this Hubs. In my day they'd some poke

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                  Yeah but workers took the pi ss. Its very much like south Africa with the whites now being treated badly. We need a happy medium. My company has gone massively down hill but I just want inflation not a 1 % #### take

Comment

Maggie made everyone 'middle class' by selling them their council houses so they couldn't afford to go on strike as they had mortgages to pay.

Comment

Working...
                    X