Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cautious optimism?

Hopefully not premature but......
    Those of us with a realistic outlook at the beginning of the season would feel that a mid table finish would have been very acceptable. If you disagree, consider Blackburn, Sunderland et al.
    So, whether by luck or judgment, several young players have had opportunities to gain experience this season and could well be on the cusp of something exciting, particularly Eze and Smyth but also Goss at Rangers. We don’t really have many players on their last legs with the exception of Mackie who may well be on his way. We have midfield players who work well together and an excellent keeper. If we keep Robinson and he maintains fitness we have the basis of a good defence with the likes of Furlong and Bidwell. What’s missing? A more mobile centre forward ( with Smith as a more than useful super sub) and a manager showing more consistent sanity. Already beginning to look forward to it!

I will be brutally honest and say that I am considering getting a season ticket next season if my finances allow for it
    I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Good post worton but this will get took over by 73 and furtive and mob agree with everything there & also looking forward to things,even our remaining games & like ollies said he wants as many points as possible so hope the players dont start taking the foot off the pedal & thinking about holidays again like last seasons end.
      http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

i'm optimistic about our young players coming through and about the 433 formation but concerned about losing players next season. time and time again hoos has admitted that we are a selling club now (i agree thats whats best for the club atm though) and that everyone has a price. with that being said we have players who could/should be playing at a higher level than what we can offer next season. clubs will defo be keeping tabs on the likes of smithies, robo, luongo and freeman and all 4 have had a very good season with us with the latter 3 producing their best stuff for us imo.

i can see us losing all 4 in the summer along with the likes of sylla, ned and pavel too which will set us back 6 first team players. i don't wanna turn this into an ollie bashing thread but i'm nervous over who he'd bring in and how we'd line up next season with him in charge if we did have an exodus of players leaving.

if we managed to keep hold of our best players and bring in a few more then we could be on course for a very good season. we really lack a decent striker at this level, smith is only good at one thing and although he scores goals he limits the teams link up and passing play, we basically have to rely on picking him out with crosses and if that doesn't work then we often struggle to create other proper chances.

Comment

Optimistic you think?...QPR you say?....Never think i, be QPR optimistic my son....

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
            I will be brutally honest and say that I am considering getting a season ticket next season if my finances allow for it
            Me too !

Comment

All this optimism will change after tomorrow's beat down at Villa!
              @gatorTFC

Comment

3 away games on the trot. 1 point max. That should kill any optimism.

Comment

Originally posted by knocker View Post
                  Depends on the performance.

Comment

Any optimism will go when Holloway’s deal is extended at the end of the season. 4 more years of the Ian Holloway show lads!
                    #myyounglads#
                    #hillofhellforever#
                    #notmyteamtoday#
                    #lynchupfront#

Comment

Originally posted by James1979 View Post
                      Any optimism will go when Holloway’s deal is extended at the end of the season. 4 more years of the Ian Holloway show lads!
                      #myyounglads#
                      #hillofhellforever#
                      #notmyteamtoday#
                      #lynchupfront#
                      Great hope it is, & or maybe james we could try to get that great coup the sheff utd manager as hes superb
                      http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Originally posted by knocker View Post
                        No need to be scared about going to Reading, they havn't done anything this season.. More than beating us in preseason and starting the knee jerk stupid thread "We are 100% going down".

Comment

I'm optimistic that some arnt so pessimistic
                          Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Originally posted by wortonranger View Post
                            Hopefully not premature but......
                            Those of us with a realistic outlook at the beginning of the season would feel that a mid table finish would have been very acceptable. If you disagree, consider Blackburn, Sunderland et al.
                            So, whether by luck or judgment, several young players have had opportunities to gain experience this season and could well be on the cusp of something exciting, particularly Eze and Smyth but also Goss at Rangers. We don’t really have many players on their last legs with the exception of Mackie who may well be on his way. We have midfield players who work well together and an excellent keeper. If we keep Robinson and he maintains fitness we have the basis of a good defence with the likes of Furlong and Bidwell. What’s missing? A more mobile centre forward ( with Smith as a more than useful super sub) and a manager showing more consistent sanity. Already beginning to look forward to it!
                            Agree with that. We are a sane manager and better forward away from being decent. When we get at least the former I will share your optimism!

I suspect we will finish probably 17/18 which is poor but probably best we can expect at the moment for obvious reasons.

Comment

We have a few players with potential that with the right coaching could progress quickly unfortunately that will not happen with the coaching team we have. Done well to get us in this position and beat those around us which has helped cement our position in the table. Millwall are ahead of us which tells us exactly where we are right now.

Comment

Working...
                              X