Cautious optimism?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by James1979 View Post
    Any optimism will go when Holloway’s deal is extended at the end of the season. 4 more years of the Ian Holloway show lads!
    #myyounglads#
    #hillofhellforever#
    #notmyteamtoday#
    #lynchupfront#
    Spat my tea out 😂😂
    nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

A midtable finish would be fantastic and is still achievable, Holloway should be at least aiming to finish on better points total than last season

Comment

Just checked Ipswich have a 9 point advantage on us so it will be difficult

Comment

Originally posted by knocker View Post
          3 away games on the trot. 1 point max. That should kill any optimism.
          Certainly for the short termists I guess.

Comment

Assuming we lose three or four prize players in the offseason, this is the time Ollie needs to do three things: (1) Play the kids (Eze, Smyth, Oteh, Chair, etc) so we can see what we've got going for us next season; (2) Stay with the 4-3-3 formation; sheer stubbornness and/or managerial incompetence had us suffer through 3-5-2; (3) Please, oh please, don't play Washington or Mackie the rest of the way; love their spirit, but both are inadequate as strikers. Reports that Mackie is rushing to get back into the team is absurdly counter to the future interests of this team.
            Last edited by Qprtanpa1; 13-03-2018, 03:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Qprtanpa1 View Post
              Assuming we lose three or four prize players in the offseason, this is the time Ollie needs to do three things: (1) Play the kids (Eze, Smyth, Oteh, Chair, etc) so we can see what we've got going for us next season; (2) Stay with the 4-3-3 formation; sheer stubbornness and/or managerial incompetence had us suffer through 3-5-2; (3) Please, oh please, don't play Washington or Mackie the rest of the way; love their spirit, but both are inadequate as strikers. Reports that Mackie is rushing to get back into the team is absurdly counter to the future interests of this team.
              I agree with most of that, not sure if we have to be rigid with the formation(s) we play, I just want a couple of options that suit the players available, I can't blame Mackie for wanting to play as his career winds down and CW will find a place to play, we need to see what we have moving forward!
              @gatorTFC

Comment

One of the 'mob' here, you know, the guys who go to matches home and away and have had, and will have, season tickets for years. Nothing special about me, plenty of fans go to more games and do stuff for the club. One of the fans whose opinion is dismissed, often with a daft or sarcastic comment, but who should accept the opinion of an Olliephile without question. I prefer realist to pessimist and 'same again' next season will be an achievement for Holloway, but not for the club. Young side? Really? Does one or two in eleven make us a young side? Where are the youngsters to replace Onouha, Robinson and Hall? It's taken until March to get Furlong in the picture. Have we really seen the end of 3-5-2? Can we afford a proven striker? Is it too much to expect Oteh or BOS to make an immediate impact instead? Do they need that pressure? Eze looks the part, and Smyth too, but would you bet against Washington playing again tonight? If we are to just tread water again next year - as looks likely - could we at least give the cups a good go? A decent away draw or a big team would be a great morale booster for the fans and show that the club appreciates their patience. Might get a few more along to watch every week too.

Comment

Originally posted by Alanwycombe View Post
                  Where are the youngsters to replace Onouha, Robinson and Hall?
                  There are some in the youth set up (Hamailainen / Phillips) but quite frankly I would want these players replaced with experienced Championship defenders when they go.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                    There are some in the youth set up (Hamailainen / Phillips) but quite frankly I would want these players replaced with experienced Championship defenders when they go.
                    Exactly Mush....and with no money?

Comment

Olliephile here,hes not done too bad in the market upto now on no money
                      http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

How much was Lynch and Baptiste ? Am sure we can spend within our means in replacing players....particularly one on high wages.

Comment

One of the 'mob' here, you know, the guys who go to matches home and away and have had, and will have, season tickets for years. Nothing special about me, plenty of fans go to more games and do stuff for the club. One of the fans whose opinion is dismissed, often with a daft or sarcastic comment, but who should accept the opinion of an Olliephile without question. I prefer realist to pessimist and 'same again' next season will be an achievement for Holloway, but not for the club. Young side? Really? Does one or two in eleven make us a young side? Where are the youngsters to replace Onouha, Robinson and Hall? It's taken until March to get Furlong in the picture. Have we really seen the end of 3-5-2? Can we afford a proven striker? Is it too much to expect Oteh or BOS to make an immediate impact instead? Do they need that pressure? Eze looks the part, and Smyth too, but would you bet against Washington playing again tonight? If we are to just tread water again next year - as looks likely - could we at least give the cups a good go? A decent away draw or a big team would be a great morale booster for the fans and show that the club appreciates their patience. Might get a few more along to watch every week too.

here is one for you Alan.........

@footwonderkids
                          Ben Wells
                          Team: #WestHam
                          Nat: #England
                          Position: Centre back

on #trial at #QPR#talent #FutureStars #scouting #QPRU23 #WestHamUnited #WHUFChttp://football-wonderkids.co.uk/player/ben-wells/ …

Ben Wells - West Ham United | Football-Wonderkids
                          Ben Wells (born 29 February 2000) is an English footballer who plays as a centre back for West Ham United. Had a trial at QPR in 2018.

football-wonderkids.co.uk
                          nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Working...
                          X