No announcement yet.

What should a club our size be paying in wages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

£10k a week. Although I think we'd be looking at players of Conor's standard for that
    I must away now, I can no longer tarry
    This morning's tempest I have to cross
    I must be guided without a stumble
    Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
      I'll put my lot on Smythe not being on 10 k at the moment but that will have to change in June
      There are only 3 or 4 players in the N.I. league earning over £1000 a week, top being about £1300. So it is quite realistic that Smythe is on under £2000 at the moment.

Comment

Maybe we should be looking for more over there !somebody in know about the their football suggested few after the wee marn made debut

Comment

Id be getting you in the office westy if this is what yer upto whilst im paying yer lol
          http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

wouldn't mind being a pound note behind any of them

Comment

Originally posted by corbray View Post
              10k-20k should be our limit imo. maybe 25k if we found an absolute gem of a player like the next taarabt or austin but it'd be silly to go higher than that at this stage. i think our current recruitment plan of finding diamonds in the rough is a good long term plan and we've certainly made progress with signings like smithies, luongo and freeman
              Agree.
              You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by bakes8 View Post
                Smyth not Smithies my guess.

Doubt Smyth will be on more than about 2k. Smithies about 15k
                Probably about right.

I don't any of these young players we've got are on more than a couple of bags a week. Of course that will need to change if we want to hang onto them after they prove themselves in the first team.

Comment

Future captain?

Comment

We are a small club with a small stadium, £10,000 a week max should be our aim

Comment

based on our current squad of players i wouldn't want us paying more than £35.64 per week after tax.

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post
                        So if we done 10k week that’s just over £500k a year assuming squad of 20 that’s ten million just on players before even thinking of other costs associated with running club. What’s our income?? Guessing ticket sales don’t cover that

Who would want to run a club

Comment

Apart from the risk of serious injury - now quite rare given the modern player's fitness and non-contact rules - it's not a bad life for 10k a week is it? And if you haven't got time in your 10-15 years on a screw like that to make some plans for future life then that's your own fault. I reckon nearly all of us would swap...?

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post
                            With a £10k a week wage cap we would wave goodbye to ever trying to even push for playoffs tbh.
                            You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
                              Well he's not very tall ! To be top keeper you to just bit taller
                              Keepers like #### stars, paid by the inch

Sieb Dykstra always had the look

Comment

Working...
                              X