Have we got lucky?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
    Pinkie. You were looking forward to this season if I recall at the end of last season. The football has been utter dross this season but we have got into a position where we should be safe.
    And ollies been here a year so what 73! you expect us to go from carp to outstanding with a few new players? do you expect instant? would you rather chop n change every season cos we`re not playing like the old ajax team! would you rather a new manager in and start all over again & what if hes not into playing the youngsters and wants instant success like you, so goes for old pros down that route we`ve been before! 73 sorry but you moan so much even when there isnt an awful lot to moan at, if youre that peeved vote with youre feet & dont renew mate.
    http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

I would rather have a competent manager who gets the best out of the players he has and a system and style of play that is entertaining. None of which has been or will be achieved by the present management team as shown by his refusal to change the 352 system that firstly never worked and secondly did not suit the players. So yes shake him by the hand and say thanks very much for the job being done.

Comment

I would rather have a competent manager who gets the best out of the players he has and a system and style of play that is entertaining. None of which has been or will be achieved by the present management team as shown by his refusal to change the 352 system that firstly never worked and secondly did not suit the players. So yes shake him by the hand and say thanks very much for the job being done.
        Tell yer what im going to stick my neck out here & bet you that we`ll be playing some good stuff next season, as i believe in what we`re doing, even though we are bit hit n miss atm, but to be expected with a young squad!

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
          The derby game i was on about 77
          Same thing, Pinkie. Four solidly at the back until Wszolek came on and he played forward a bit, sure (not being a right back) but Bidwell didn't.

That's why I'm happier than previously.

Comment

Pinkie. We are hit and miss because of how up and down our manager is. With a proper forward thinking coach I would agree with you but with the current set up we will not. As I said before well done for keeping us up but time is now to move on.

Comment

Pinkie. We are hit and miss because of how up and down our manager is. With a proper forward thinking coach I would agree with you but with the current set up we will not. As I said before well done for keeping us up but time is now to move on.
              Sorry 73 thats complete rubbish, its nothing to do with the manager & more the players being inconsistent.

Comment

Nothing to do with the manager? Who picks the players and the system for them to not perform in? Who picks the wrong line up more often than not throughout this season? Who has picked Washington when clear to see he is just not going to do the business for us. All of the above are down to the manager so to say it is rubbish shows how blinkered you are towards this man.

Comment

Pinkie. We are hit and miss because of how up and down our manager is. [U]With a proper forward[/U] thinking coach I would agree with you but with the current set up we will not. As I said before well done for keeping us up but time is now to move on.
                  This has been one of our biggest problems, yes Eze looks like he could be a good one but if we had a proper forward or two who were clinical in this division we would have got some better results and some of the criticism towards the gaffer would have been tempered!
                  Last edited by gator; 11-03-2018, 06:42 PM.
                  @gatorTFC

Comment

Originally posted by gator View Post
                    This has been one of our biggest problems, yes Eze looks like he could be a good one but if we had a proper forward or two who were clinical in this division we would have got some better results and some of the criticism towards the gaffer would have been tempered!
                    Dont go making any excuses up gator, youre blinkered

73 how about giving him praise for the way the youngsters are getting integrated and playing? its about now whats happened in the past and the future.

Comment

Pinkie. Think you will find for my previous posts high praise for Smyth and made up for Eze yesterday for getting his goal. No issue with the youngsters and as I said well done Holloway for keeping us up but to move forward a new man is needed and with the right man and coaching those two especially could blossom even more. Just not under Holloway and Bircham.

Comment

The way I see it these last games at the run in will be very important for Ollie's future here, it is job done keeping us up with a very average or below average squad but obviously there is a lot of unrest in the fanbase, if we go on another long losing streak that will probably be it for him in the off season, if we actually start playing some exciting football with the youngsters featuring prominently he may deserve to stay on next season!
                        @gatorTFC

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
                          Sorry 73 thats complete rubbish, its nothing to do with the manager & more the players being inconsistent.
                          Agree with you there pinks, the inconsistency has in some instances been dramatic. The old adage of once over the white line comes into play. I’m excited about next season and personally believe Holloway will still be manager, a bit more confidence and a bit more clinical finishing and easily top 10 and pushing

Comment

Working...
                          X