X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Little bit of very early D&B

Comment

• Originally posted by vespa View Post
      Break of Dawn ,top tune ,yes .Cheeseyist banger to pack the dancefloor ,no.
      Not just the dancefloor of the high st s hit clubs ,the credible clubs and also the underground raves , if you think im joking ,you werent there.
      I wasnt there mate ,my nan made me be home by 9pm every night.

I do think you are joking though, id have any bet if the fraggmeister general dropped 'pump up the jam' at a half decent rave tonight the dancefloor would clear, but if he dropped 'break of dawn' every farker would run to it.
      Technotronic really hasnt aged well and never ever gets played anymore, whereas Rhythm On The Loose still does.
      Last edited by Kevin Mcleod; 12-03-2018, 10:34 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stanley View Post
        She has a voice from heaven. Her duet with Michael Jackson was spine-tinglingly sublime, but that would be for the soul thread.
        Originally posted by Fraggy View Post
        Thanks Kev, I knew it was Degrees of Motion, but I couldn't remember her name, amazing voice
        Finally this thread makes some sense to me
        #standuptocancer
        #inyourfacecancer

Comment

• Apologies for not contributing recently; some great tracks being posted.
          Honorable mention to Acen Close your Eyes (I am sure they made a trillions remixes), Break of Dawn, livin Classic & yes dance floor filler to the right crowd even now; most sampled piano break ever.
          Dionee was amazing, Clubland funky as ever & Shut Up n Dance released some great classics.
          Loved this track:

Memories of Rage on a Thursday night, watching the bar empty and the dancefloor fill up when the intro to this came on:
          Minds Are Like Parachutes.
          Work Best When Open...
          @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

• Forgot there was a 2 video limit:

Was over on Soundcloud earlier listening to some of Pinkies mixes & one started with a sample of a piano break I recognised, so decided to post it here:

I guess those keeping track can probably guess I'm fond of a funky house piano break
            Work Best When Open...
            @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

• Funky House with a rolling piano break , this ones for you Fraggy

Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                I wasnt there mate ,my nan made me be home by 9pm every night.

I do think you are joking though, id have any bet if the fraggmeister general dropped 'pump up the jam' at a half decent rave tonight the dancefloor would clear, but if he dropped 'break of dawn' every farker would run to it.
                Technotronic really hasnt aged well and never ever gets played anymore, whereas Rhythm On The Loose still does.
                Didnt know you meant ,dropping it nowadays mate , i wouldn`t have a clue what gets played at a rave now , i didn`t even think there was such a thing ! I thought it had all died out by 92 and gone back to the club scene . Still ,Pump up the Jam rocked underground before it went mainstream in 89 , i can tell you that for a fact ,and you dont get much cheesyer than that !

Comment

• Originally posted by Fraggy View Post
                  Forgot there was a 2 video limit:

Was over on Soundcloud earlier listening to some of Pinkies mixes & one started with a sample of a piano break I recognised, so decided to post it here:

I guess those keeping track can probably guess I'm fond of a funky house piano break
                  I've got loads of those Network releases. Great label.

Comment

• Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
                    I've got loads of those Network releases. Great label.
                    Hopefully you wasn't using one of those decks; poor mans Technics
                    Never understood what the point was in having a turntable that could play backwards, unless you were into a bit of devil worshiping
                    Work Best When Open...
                    @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

• Keep it going by guessing the track or the next line by a sample of lyrics:
                      "Everytime I lose my direction, and the wheels of life turn to slow"
                      Work Best When Open...
                      @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by vespa View Post
                          That was a massive tune wasn't it mate. That label was Canadian I think and also had these on it

Comment

• Originally posted by 72bus View Post
                            good thread , tenerife 89 blew me away , i used to knock about with michael clark , gary haisman and phil dirtbox so had so many great nights , never paid in anywhere , used to get home late on sunday or monday morning most weeks , loved the ealing boulevard on a sunday night , then start it up again on a thursday or friday , the medicine wheel graham balls nite at the park , quiet storm , k1nky disco , love ranch then on to one of phil DB's well into sunday morning .... sometimes 20 of us from the estate would go to ratpack on a saturday night in tottenham , boys own 89 to 92 . micky p's partys in soho , went to the opening night of club uk , it's now nuffield gym... my favourite night used to be a wednesday night at cafe de paris back in 89 , that's not half of it and my kids think i'm boring and never went out , was out once for 3 weeks and never went home would leave my clothes round peoples house and borrow theirs and leave them at the next stop , if i was lucky would get them back , if i didn't it didn't matter , my mate luke coke ( rave 2001) seduce me , my fave record from back then
                            Respect to you mate, that is quite a list.
                            Wasn't Gary Haisman the 'we call it Acieed' bloke?

Comment

• Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
                              That was a massive tune wasn't it mate. That label was Canadian I think and also had these on it

absolutely love that tune ,it was my sex tune with Claire from Mitcham ! Happy memories of the passenger seat of my old Cortina !

Comment

• We've only gone and got a goal

Comment

Working...
                                X