Systematic and Cynical

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Systematic and Cynical

As soon as Derby realized they couldn't cope with Smyth they took him down at every opportunity, I think with the result was one booking, they shared the stick they gave him so as not to attract attention to individuals.

His ability to turn defense into attack, especially that run on the right when he won the ball and drove on 40 yards before being taken out is an excellent example of what he can do and what teams will do anything to stop and giving a free quick away just inside their half is well worth the payoff as the risk of causing damage from that area is far less than a full on counter attack.

Hes a small lad and is going to take a lot of stick - a lot less than if he was in the Prem - he's a joy to watch and I really hope he doesn't get kicked out of the game -how can he be protected?

Really looking forward to Saturday - Especially if Eze starts as well, and not to get too far ahead but already looking to next year - Sign Robinson a MUST

y'day was the 1st home game i've missed this season , good to hear that little smiff did so well

Comment

Originally posted by SoCal View Post
      As soon as Derby realized they couldn't cope with Smyth they took him down at every opportunity, I think with the result was one booking, they shared the stick they gave him so as not to attract attention to individuals.

His ability to turn defense into attack, especially that run on the right when he won the ball and drove on 40 yards before being taken out is an excellent example of what he can do and what teams will do anything to stop and giving a free quick away just inside their half is well worth the payoff as the risk of causing damage from that area is far less than a full on counter attack.

Hes a small lad and is going to take a lot of stick - a lot less than if he was in the Prem - he's a joy to watch and I really hope he doesn't get kicked out of the game -how can he be protected?

Really looking forward to Saturday - Especially if Eze starts as well, and not to get too far ahead but already looking to next year - Sign Robinson a MUST
      Exactly what we should have done to prevent their goal yesterday!
      @gatorTFC

Comment

Originally posted by gator View Post
        Indeed! I read somewhere that they (cb's and Scowen) were not happy about that goal. I am glad the defence still looked solid and focused, and they didn't give anything away during the last 5-6 minutes!

Comment

Agreed and also extend Smyth's contract to a 4 year deal.

Comment

Originally posted by erikmata View Post
            Indeed! I read somewhere that they (cb's and Scowen) were not happy about that goal. I am glad the defence still looked solid and focused, and they didn't give anything away during the last 5-6 minutes!
            Between Freeman & Washington they let the Chelsea loanee waltz pass them and lay it off to the goal scorer

Comment

Although his run started just outside the box so we'd have given away a dangerous free-kick.

Should have put a foot in at least though....just watched him walk through.

Comment

It's interesting really. You're right, small fast guys get less stick in the prem, is the standard of defending just better, so they don't have resort to fouls?

He is going to get brought down alot. Having him and Smith starting, or Sylla if he gets fit and back in the good books, could be an excellent combo.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                  Although his run started just outside the box so we'd have given away a dangerous free-kick.

Should have put a foot in at least though....just watched him walk through.
                  The challenges or lack thereof I was talking about were further upfield, I think it was Scowen 1st then Luongo who was closer to our goal, they definitely would have risked cards, sometimes you have to take that chance!
                  @gatorTFC

Comment

So true, and as an old goalkeeper it does not look as if Smithies are playing at full form.. normally he doesn't let that one in and he "knows" Weidmann will aim for the long corner. He had a few other as well were it was quite obvious he could have done better.

Comment

The challenges or lack thereof I was talking about were further upfield, I think it was Scowen 1st then Luongo who was closer to our goal, they definitely would have risked cards, sometimes you have to take that chance!
                      Yeah...seen it now. Thought it was a lot nearer to be honest though I do remember at the time screaming out to chop him down !!

Comment

This situation has come about purely due to thoroughly incompetent refereeing, in my view. Week after week, we see refs giving free kicks for hardly anything whilst at the same time failing to penalise blatant fouls. Last night for example, we won the ball well inside our own half with a fantastic hard tackle, the ball ended up well into their half with us in posession and the ball under control, only for the idiot to bring play back about 30 yards and give us a free kick. Completely nullified our advantage.

Smith getting blatantly fouled and tugged every game is completely ignored. Yet two blokes jump for a ball, their shirts touch and the whistles are in their mouths quicker than you can say "ollie out".

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
                          This situation has come about purely due to thoroughly incompetent refereeing, in my view. Week after week, we see refs giving free kicks for hardly anything whilst at the same time failing to penalise blatant fouls. Last night for example, we won the ball well inside our own half with a fantastic hard tackle, the ball ended up well into their half with us in posession and the ball under control, only for the idiot to bring play back about 30 yards and give us a free kick. Completely nullified our advantage.

Smith getting blatantly fouled and tugged every game is completely ignored. Yet two blokes jump for a ball, their shirts touch and the whistles are in their mouths quicker than you can say "ollie out".
                          There was quite a few decisions that should of been given & were`nt, one where bidwell won the ball and there player was on the wrong side of bidwell & a blatant foul & the ref gave them a free kick, was unreal tbh.
                          http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

That's what good teams do they nullify the threat different players get booked take one for the team we don't do this we're not ruthless enough,

Comment

Working...
                            X