The Pawel Puzzle...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Pawel Puzzle...

When Pawel was fairly new to the squad I remember this goal he scored driving relentlessly to the goal, like he wouldn’t be stopped by anyone. He is not the same player anymore, and it’s not just the wingback lab disaster created by Ollie. Pawel looks tentative on the offensive end with little confidence or threat. Any guess as to why?

Being played at wing back has destroyed his confidence, although I never have rated him that highly,his movement is poor, and crosses are wayward as he cuts in too much.
    Not a player Holloway has helped with his persistence in playing wing backs.

Comment

Don't fully agree with being asked to play w/b has done him any harm he's just not good enough to play there as it shows his limitations as said his crosses are hesitant and often poor he's also indecisive , which shows the lack of quality and Ballance that has been brought to the club , at his age and amount football playedp he should be able to make a better fist of it , imo too much is made of players being played in other positions a manager can only work with what he's got , the bottom line is we have to many players that are just not good enough to be utilised elsewhere something Holloway should have realised quite a while ago

Comment

Most players are good when they come, they leave worse players and then go on to be better again when they leave.

Comment

Not to sure about any of that mate ! I don't see players leaving and going on to better things

Comment

Most players get moved to a different position and become even better. Not at qpr.
            Ask a player to play anywhere but his regular position at qpr and you might as well just retire him.

Comment

Clearly a player who has lost confidence in himself. Whether that's because Ollie plays him at wingback is debatable, imo a good player should be able to adapt to different situations (not to the extreme of, say, sticking a striker at CB, I mean Pawel is a winger, and has now playing wingback). The thing is if he was given a good run in the team he may have been able to tweak his game and get used to playing as a wingback, but Ollie dropped him at the first sign of him struggling, and imo that's hurt his confidence. Ollie not showing faith in him being able to adapt to playing wingback could be a reason for Pawel's drop in confidence. It's criminal imo, Pawel is a very good player on his day.
              Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
              Pawel Wszolek - 6
              Luke Freeman - 6
              Matt Smith - 6
              Ebere Eze - 4
              Joel Lynch - 3
              Tomer Hemed - 3
              Toni Leistner - 2
              Massimo Luongo- 2
              Angel Rangel - 2
              Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
              Geoff Cameron - 1
              Aramide Oteh - 1
              Jake Bidwell - 1
              Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Served up a goal on a plate to Smith last night. Wonderful cross. Is far from his best as a RB or RWB. That's it.

Comment

There's a reason he's in the championship and not been scouted by a prem club. He's at his level here. He wouldn't last a league up. If your a barista making decent flat whites in a new cafe, then the boss says, hey, can you go make cakes for a bit? Yeah sure you can make cakes, but not as good as coffee. Then you come back to coffee and it's like, damn where's the milk at?

It's a confidence thing, especially when you aren't outstandingly gifted. If played on the wing regularly he'd probably end up like the player we wanted Hoillett to be. Not many tricks but persistent and good ethic, capable of that odd cross or shot that changes the game.

Odd as that would seem a quality Ollie would warm to. Agreed he looks avergae at the moment, save afew moments last night.

Comment

If Austin was still with us Holloway would be playing him on wing.

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post
                      Most players are good when they come, they leave worse players and then go on to be better again when they leave.
                      I think that’s probably not so - there are ample examples of players that leave and get nowhere. We simply don’t hear about them or take particular interest as they fail to hit any headlines. However those that do well are obvious. I bet you will find the great majority did very little, or, at best, dud ok at a lower level. How about Docherty and Gladwin at Swindon. I live in Wiltshire and would have expected their exploits to be in the headlines, but can’t say that’s been the case.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                        Most players get moved to a different position and become even better. Not at qpr.
                        Ask a player to play anywhere but his regular position at qpr and you might as well just retire him.
                        Well Mac Robinson ain't doing to badly in retirement

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                          Served up a goal on a plate to Smith last night. Wonderful cross. Is far from his best as a RB or RWB. That's it.
                          This.

Comment

Only issue for me is his confidence in beating a defender and maybe that is because if he loses it he doesn't have the safety of a RB behind him.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                              Only issue for me is his confidence in beating a defender and maybe that is because if he loses it he doesn't have the safety of a RB behind him.
                              Spot on again. Been saying same for ages.

Comment

Working...
                              X