WHY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
    No words 77. Just no words. 3/4 of a season before he finally wakes up ffs. The players knew it, club staff knew it, most fans knew it, the club's comms last night were saying it too I hear.
    Just shows he does listen to informed comment on WATRB:

"Wasn't Isla brought in when wing backs were supposed to be our ultimate solution - a formation abandoned before the month was out?"

Comment

No got him mixed up with Eze I blame the beer

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
        No got him mixed up with Eze I blame the beer
        I really don't think Eze is a front man. Not sure he's a central midfielder either, or someone that suits being out wide for that matter. I think he needs to be played off either Smith or Sylla in something like a creative number 10 position, or just a free role giving the defence something to worry about.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
          I really don't think Eze is a front man. Not sure he's a central midfielder either, or someone that suits being out wide for that matter. I think he needs to be played off either Smith or Sylla in something like a creative number 10 position, or just a free role giving the defence something to worry about.
          Sorry Tarbs but watching him in the flesh (no dig about that btw) I believe Eze has the brain and the ability to play any role in the final third of the pitch. Only time will tell of course but to date, I've been very impressed with his contributions and apparent maturity in all roles/situations in front of him
          #standuptocancer
          #inyourfacecancer

Comment

The keys to the Sunderland game re Ollie’s state of mind: (1) The formation. 4-3-3 or 3-5-2. Will it be legitimacy or stubborn-driven insanity? (2) Conor and Pawel. Their time has come and gone, and Ollie should be gone if he continues to play these favorites despite every sign they’re bombing out. (3) Smith-Smyth-Eze up top. Anything else and we should storm the castle.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluehoop View Post
              Sorry Tarbs but watching him in the flesh (no dig about that btw) I believe Eze has the brain and the ability to play any role in the final third of the pitch. Only time will tell of course but to date, I've been very impressed with his contributions and apparent maturity in all roles/situations in front of him
              Definitely impressed by him too mate. But he strikes me as the sort of players who needs a bit of freedom. Will be interesting to watch him develop. I really hope we don't mess this one up!

Comment

Spot on. Looks to me like he has the pace. movement and control to be a real threat up top or just behind the central striker.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                  Spot on. Looks to me like he has the pace. movement and control to be a real threat up top or just behind the central striker.
                  You think he could play up top on his own?

From what I've seen, I personally don't think he looks like that type of player. Look to me like he would be far more effective playing off of a central striker!

Comment

Definitely impressed by him too mate. But he strikes me as the sort of players who needs a bit of freedom. Will be interesting to watch him develop. I really hope we don't mess this one up!
                    you'd hope so! he does look like the sort of talent that'd do well if we accomidate him. him and smith could be real deadly at this level behind a center forward. eze has a crazy amount of natural talent and a very mature way of reading the game, he looked very comfortable taking on players against derby when he came on

Comment

Originally posted by corbray View Post
                      you'd hope so! he does look like the sort of talent that'd do well if we accomidate him. him and smith could be real deadly at this level behind a center forward. eze has a crazy amount of natural talent and a very mature way of reading the game, he looked very comfortable taking on players against derby when he came on
                      Agree with that mate. Bags of ability, actually reminds me a little bit of Ravel when he's on the ball. Let's hope he has his head screwed on better than Ravel though!

Comment

You think he could play up top on his own?

From what I've seen, I personally don't think he looks like that type of player. Look to me like he would be far more effective playing off of a central striker!
                        On his own? No, but in a front 2 he would certainly be a handful.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                          On his own? No, but in a front 2 he would certainly be a handful.
                          100% agree mate. The thought of him playing off Sylla with Pawel down the right wing actually has me nursing a semi. Doubt Wollie will ever pick that formation though!

Comment

An honest question.

Does Ollie deserve any credit for the youngsters coming through? I think the PE teacher (deserves a better nickname giving the job he is doing!) definitely deserves some credit. Furlong, Smyth (try reading the match day thread on here when he was first announced to start for the team!) , Eze (?) all have stepped up and it seems like Robinson has also made improvements this year - though on the flip side Manning and Hall (I know he has been injured) haven't done what we hoped. If Holloway is developing young talent and improving them (again, not sure he deserves the credit) does this make his 'unusual' tactics more bearable?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Southport View Post
                                An honest question.

Does Ollie deserve any credit for the youngsters coming through? I think the PE teacher (deserves a better nickname giving the job he is doing!) definitely deserves some credit.

Can't ignore Ferdinand's role in getting the youth in through the door. Been very busy on this front.

Comment

Working...
                                X