the Dof speaks....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by davieqpr View Post
    Next year could be worse. Cannot see Robinson, Ned,Mackie or Perch staying. Pav and Sylla will go and the likes of Hamalainen, Kakay released. A serious doubt about Hall and one of the keepers will also go. The only replacements being a few out of contract journeymen.
    Holloway and Bircham will definitely be here. It will get worse because we will only get gates of around 10K.
    tbh thats how i see it too. i reckon luongo or freeman will be gone too.
    i won't mind too much if we get big fees for them and bring in some quality to replace them. lumley is a good keeper and could easily replace smithies (albeit hes not as good but smithies is the best in the division) as our starting keeper. the player i'd be most gutted to lose out of all of them would be robinson tbh, he is an absolute rock at the back and would be very difficult to replace whereas the likes of ned, pav and sylla can be replaced fairly easily

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
      Bar our goal threat, theres nothing wrong with the squad. We're a solid championship side, who could be pushing for promotion - "IF" we had a half decent striker and a manager that didnt take the best part of a season to learn how to be a manager.
      Bit more than just that Buddy we are on a level well below wolves Villa Fulham Middlesbrough's Brentford deffo and Forest Brizzle Sheff utd could be thrown in

Comment

Originally posted by davieqpr View Post
        Next year could be worse. Cannot see Robinson, Ned,Mackie or Perch staying. Pav and Sylla will go and the likes of Hamalainen, Kakay released. A serious doubt about Hall and one of the keepers will also go. The only replacements being a few out of contract journeymen.
        Holloway and Bircham will definitely be here. It will get worse because we will only get gates of around 10K.
        The good news is that just by the law of averages one of us lucky farkers on here will be dead and will not have to go through all that.

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
          Depressing read. We are doomed.

For one thing said it is Ollie's first full season as opposed to last full season.
          Yeah, because he only had 30 games instead of 46 which clearly wasn't enough time for him.

Comment

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
            If he is talking about bringing more quality in does that mean the FFP thing has gone away? You cannot bring quality in without money so where has ours suddenly appeared from?
            He will sell whatever players he can to raise funds i.e. Smithies, Wyzsolek, Sylla and replace them with crap more like.

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
              Bit more than just that Buddy we are on a level well below wolves Villa Fulham Middlesbrough's Brentford deffo and Forest Brizzle Sheff utd could be thrown in
              Yeah agree, as things stand..... but imho if we had been set up right, every match from the start of the season, we would be up there, with confidence running tbrough the team.... weve got very good individuals who in all fairness havnt been given a proper chance to really show what they can do. Constantly beening played out of position/stevie wonder formations being played, no wonder we're down there.... The funny thing is- and to be honest is another reason why i think we'd be up there,is that the football standard aint really all that anyway. A lot of big clubs in this league, with big names but thats!
              SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Yeah agree, as things stand..... but imho if we had been set up right, every match from the start of the season, we would be up there
                Personally think you can pinpoint where we are solely on Holloway not setting us up right away from home......ever.

More points away and we'd be top 10 easily.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
                  He will sell whatever players he can to raise funds i.e. Smithies, Wyzsolek, Sylla and replace them with crap more like.
                  To the same people who didnt want any of them in january?

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                    Personally think you can pinpoint where we are solely on Holloway not setting us up right away from home......ever.

More points away and we'd be top 10 easily.
                    Our away record 2-5-10. Is actually quite shameful especially when you consider we went 11 months between wins as well. The squad isn't as bad as those stats.

Comment

I think it should put your future expectations into procpective for the next season or 2,our objective is to stay up,reduce the players wages and bring in young players.No mention of Holloway being the man to take us forward but I would assume he will be in charge start of next season (providing we stay up),so exciting times ahead

Comment

Yeah agree, as things stand..... but imho if we had been set up right, every match from the start of the season, we would be up there, with confidence running tbrough the team.... weve got very good individuals who in all fairness havnt been given a proper chance to really show what they can do. Constantly beening played out of position/stevie wonder formations being played, no wonder we're down there.... The funny thing is- and to be honest is another reason why i think we'd be up there,is that the football standard aint really all that anyway. A lot of big clubs in this league, with big names but thats!
                        I think Nick has spoken a bit of sense in hes last couple of posts , but we are not " down there " we wont be in a relegation battle , to be honest if we were , the crowd would go up and we`d be hyped for it ! As Nick said a decent striker would have seen us up there ,comfortably top half probably just under the playoff spots
                        If we had a decent manager as well we`d all be happy ,as long as the football was acceptable .
                        Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

Crappy times ahead

Thought it could not get any worse

Les is destroying the club, can only hope one day soon this man leaves along with Holloway but its more dross football for now
                          Last edited by Dale; 08-03-2018, 01:00 PM.

Comment

Think DoF, not doh ought be the new sound of exasperation and stupidity Homer Simpson makes......

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
                              Nah disagree.

We've put in some good performances and the playing roster is capable of better.

We can beat any of them on our day. We just don't have enough days.

Consistently, the top 6 are far better than us, but that's why they are in the top 6 innit?!

With better management, ie tactics, we could be upper mid table.

We're certainly have the potential to better than where we are now.

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                                Think DoF, not doh ought be the new sound of exasperation and stupidity Homer Simpson makes......

Comment

Working...
                                X