the Dof speaks....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vespa View Post
    I think Nick has spoken a bit of sense in hes last couple of posts , but we are not " down there " we wont be in a relegation battle , to be honest if we were , the crowd would go up and we`d be hyped for it ! As Nick said a decent striker would have seen us up there ,comfortably top half probably just under the playoff spots
    If we had a decent manager as well we`d all be happy ,as long as the football was acceptable .
    I dont know vespa, were 10pts clear with 11 games to go (i think?). Any other manger its almost a dead cert we'd be safe and I'd be happy but with IH pulling the strings, im not so confident. After Tuesday, has he finally learnt how formations work? Im not so sure. Tuesdays formation/performance will prove to him how wrong he's been for soooo long. And I wouldn't be surprised If the stubborn little man still tries to ""tweak" things...... dont get me wrong mate, like i said any other team/manager, Id be happy days, but with Ollie at the helm.......
    SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

what the manager said after the game seems we will see more of the young players certainly once we are deffo safe so be ready for the abuse if we lose a few games due to him sorting out different formations to see what the young uns can do

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
        what the manager said after the game seems we will see more of the young players certainly once we are deffo safe so be ready for the abuse if we lose a few games due to him sorting out different formations to see what the young uns can do
        It's a tough one, I personally think it's a great idea to give the youngsters a good run so they can gain valuable playing experience and can be further evaluated, some of the folks who pay to go to the matches will probably be less patient though!
        @gatorTFC

Comment

Originally posted by gator View Post
          It's a tough one, I personally think it's a great idea to give the youngsters a good run so they can gain valuable playing experience and can be further evaluated, some of the folks who pay to go to the matches will probably be less patient though!
          tbh i think most people would be happy with just seeing some progress and a team set up correctly which is why people have been fuming. 352 with players played out of position along with underperformers really irks people because its clear from the get go that we're gunna be up against it and most of the time we are.
          people would take a loss a lot easier if we played a suitable formation with players who are playing to their strengths.

i dont think many people would have an issue with us giving the youngsters more game time and a chance to develop into first teamers but for some reason they're not being given a proper go in the first team, i'd much rather see eze have a bad 90 minutes than washington for example because you know that eze will gain experience and learn from the gane whereas washo is a lost cause at this point and shouldn't be ahead of the likes of eze, smyth and oteh who do more in 15 minutes than washo does in 15 games lol.

i dont think giving youth a chance is bad either, theyre being wasted on the bench or in our u23s when they deserve a shot in the first team. i hope that smyth, furlong and eze start against sunderland as its a perfect game to give them a full 90 minutes and its hardly like we have any other better options

Comment

Originally posted by gator View Post
            I think most of those that go are more tolerant and would quite happy to see young players given their chance , so it would be upto the manager get the timing right for the player to get his chance

Comment

Originally posted by corbray View Post
              tbh i think most people would be happy with just seeing some progress and a team set up correctly which is why people have been fuming. 352 with players played out of position along with underperformers really irks people because its clear from the get go that we're gunna be up against it and most of the time we are.
              people would take a loss a lot easier if we played a suitable formation with players who are playing to their strengths.

i dont think many people would have an issue with us giving the youngsters more game time and a chance to develop into first teamers but for some reason they're not being given a proper go in the first team, i'd much rather see eze have a bad 90 minutes than washington for example because you know that eze will gain experience and learn from the gane whereas washo is a lost cause at this point and shouldn't be ahead of the likes of eze, smyth and oteh who do more in 15 minutes than washo does in 15 games lol.

i dont think giving youth a chance is bad either, theyre being wasted on the bench or in our u23s when they deserve a shot in the first team. i hope that smyth, furlong and eze start against sunderland as its a perfect game to give them a full 90 minutes and its hardly like we have any other better options
              don't forget BOS

Comment

As long as he gets the job done 1st, great bring on the youngsters!
                SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Think most people can accept a few up and down results when experimenting. What they can't accept is an outright collapse like last season where the idiot almost took us down from a position of safety.

As an Ollie sceptic what I would like to see is him ditching his useless 3-5-2 formation, playing 4-4-2 or 4-3-3 and slotting youngsters into that. Team can then get used to a new formation and youngsters get some game time. That doesn't mean we have to lose every game either.

Comment

Jam yesterday and jam tomorrow but never jam today.
                    I'll be glad when this poxy season is over chaps,sorry to say that.It's the seasonal equivalent now of leaving the ground after 70 minutes.
                    This IS the entertainment business isn't it?When did you last see an audience walk out prematurely at a Chubby Brown gig?
                    (No,don't answer that one....)

Comment

Originally posted by Blobbers View Post
                      Jam yesterday and jam tomorrow but never jam today.
                      I'll be glad when this poxy season is over chaps,sorry to say that.It's the seasonal equivalent now of leaving the ground after 70 minutes.
                      This IS the entertainment business isn't it?When did you last see an audience walk out prematurely at a Chubby Brown gig?
                      (No,don't answer that one....)
                      Jam yesterday?
                      Did I miss that!

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
                        Jam yesterday?
                        Did I miss that!
                        The Jam? Now that's entertainment!
                        @gatorTFC

Comment

The longer this has dragged on the more convinced I am there has been a "background deal" agreed.
                          The League imo are on very dodgy ground legally. They have amended their own criteria as it was too draconian.
                          So to push for us to be fined under old rules is laughable.
                          At the same time they don't want to appear weak on QPR, the Faurlin saga hasn't helped.
                          But they can't get it across the line so have said to Les,Hoos, Tony, show willing, in fact pear the squad right down
                          so you are in no position to gain promotion, and then reach an agreement on a sum similar to Leicester.
                          Well it's a theory and stranger things go on

Comment

Dave gone all spooky conspiracy Mulder
                            Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Working...
                            X