Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toast

White or brown bread?
    Oh maaaaannnnnn...... the toaster beckons.

Granary or white , plain brown is for ##### bomberclaats
    Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

Originally posted by vespa View Post
      Granary or white , plain brown is for ##### bomberclaats
      MMmmmmmmmmmmm....granary......feels like that John Hurt moment in Alien.......but in a gooood way.

Comment

Pumpernickel.
        Minds Are Like Parachutes.
        Work Best When Open...
        @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Seeded granary, real butter and marmite.
          Yeah baby.
          “He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long”
          Will Danaher

Comment

I try and avoid white carbs these days. But if I was to indulge then I'd go for white toast, left on a toast rack to cool for a few minutes before spreading a nice thick layer of salted butter on it. The toast must be cool enough so the butter doesn't melt. If the butter melts and makes the toast soggy then everything is ruined!

Not that I'm particular about these things or anything!

Comment

Should one toast both sides or just one, a la a certain Englishman abroad.
              Will Danaher

Comment

white crusty bread the best ' holy ghost' u can make

Comment

Obviously you can't beat a proper farmhouse loaf sliced thick, toasted and then lashings of butter.... but if you're going to go for brown, then I highly recommend Cranks organic - you can get it at Sainsbury's and it is absolutely delicious. Sourdough is a ####in joke toasted.

Comment

Originally posted by Fraggy View Post
                    Pumpernickel.
                    Whats that Fraggs ? Sound like the sort of thing that horrible t wat Barney the dinosaur would eat.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                      I try and avoid white carbs these days. But if I was to indulge then I'd go for white toast, left on a toast rack to cool for a few minutes before spreading a nice thick layer of salted butter on it. The toast must be cool enough so the butter doesn't melt. If the butter melts and makes the toast soggy then everything is ruined!

Not that I'm particular about these things or anything!
                      My Mrs is like that about toast ,i thought she was the only crazy toast person out there .
                      I prefer Bertolli to butter and the toast has to be just popped ,with marmite obvs.

Comment

Sourdough is my personal preference of late.
                        You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
                          Obviously you can't beat a proper farmhouse loaf sliced thick, toasted and then lashings of butter.... but if you're going to go for brown, then I highly recommend Cranks organic - you can get it at Sainsbury's and it is absolutely delicious. Sourdough is a ####in joke toasted.
                          Good call regarding the Cranks. My Mrs who’s the sole provider of sophistication in our relationship got me into that.
                          Will Danaher

Comment

My Mrs is like that about toast ,i thought she was the only crazy toast person out there .
                            I prefer Bertolli to butter and the toast has to be just popped ,with marmite obvs.
                            No, I think there are a few of us. Ain't toast if it's soggy in my opinion. Needs to maintain a decent level of crispness!

Comment

Whats that Fraggs ? Sound like the sort of thing that horrible t wat Barney the dinosaur would eat.
                              Here ya go Vesps:
                              https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pumpernickel://
                              A more complex offering, not your everyday fare, more of a Sunday morning in bed type.
                              In reference to whether or not you should toast both sides, one sided toasting has to be accompanied by a good Hartleys strawberry jam; but like your Pumpernickel, shouldn't be an everyday occurrence
                              Minds Are Like Parachutes.
                              Work Best When Open...
                              @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Working...
                              X