Garry Monk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by corbray View Post
    i think monk is getting a lot of stick for no reason. personally i've always viewed him as a good up and coming manager, he did a decent job at swansea up until his sacking at at middlesbrough he was sacked because gibson thought that brough's players were more suited to defensive type football rather than the attacking style that monk likes to play.

he hasn't really had a proper chance to spend time at a club to really show what he can do but his results and league finishes have always been pretty consistent
    I really think Middlesborough are the only club he hasn't done well with. Began his Swansea career very well before going on a bad run that saw him sacked, but that has happened to pretty much every manager out there at one point or another. Did great at Leeds, and god only knows why the board there never gave him a new contract.

At Boro, clearly he had a very good group of players that he never got playing for him. Pulis has got the same players going great guns and I could see them going up through the play-offs.

Not sure this Brum move is the best for him though. If it goes badly there he'll struggle to land another Championship job.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
      I really think Middlesborough are the only club he hasn't done well with. Began his Swansea career very well before going on a bad run that saw him sacked, but that has happened to pretty much every manager out there at one point or another. Did great at Leeds, and god only knows why the board there never gave him a new contract.

At Boro, clearly he had a very good group of players that he never got playing for him. Pulis has got the same players going great guns and I could see them going up through the play-offs.

Not sure this Brum move is the best for him though. If it goes badly there he'll struggle to land another Championship job.
      yeah the middlesbrough point is pretty fair, they always seemed a bit jady under monk. i think if he keeps brum up this season they have a good chance of challenging for the playoffs next term, they arguably have a playoff level team on paper with the likes of jota and che adams among others in the side but it just hasn't worked out for them this season, real bizarre that they are were they are now but i suppose when you have a manager who lost his passion long ago bring in a bunch of players who are there for the money then any team would be in trouble. reminds me of us in a way

Comment

So Redknapp kept them in the Championship and he's the reason why they are in trouble now?

Comment

don't suppose he has a lot of offers on the table , so why not take up the challenge , all aboard the managers merry go round

Comment

He lasted more than 3 days at Leeds, incredible feat in itself that
            Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy the Doc View Post
              So Redknapp kept them in the Championship and he's the reason why they are in trouble now?
              Listen jamie, stop talking your usual bowl larks
              I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Increasingly we get situations where managers hands are tied, or where they are fending off owners / boardrooms with a separate agenda from day one.

I suspect that could be the case at Brum. Also why its difficult to attract credible candidates here.

Comment

I like Gary Monk and think he is a decent up and coming manager. Didn’t like him as a player but think his sides play decent football. Time will tell if he is a success but wouldn’t have grumbled had we taken a chance on him in recent months. More chance of progressing the side than Olly sadly.

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy the Doc View Post
                    well, he had a big bonus to keep them in the championship, i think it was 1.5m or something which would motivate anyone really. but he was responsible for their transfers and brought in some quality players at this level but didn't get them playing together. harry was the kinda manager who was always known for his passion and ability to get his teams playing well together but after he missed out on the england job he was never really the same and it reflected in his jobs after

Comment

5 different managers in 15 months.......I'll bet Pardew will turn up there in the summer.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                        Listen jamie, stop talking your usual bowl larks
                        Sorry George. I will if you do the same.

Comment

Working...
                        X