Garry Monk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garry Monk

Just been appointed new manager of Birmingham.
    Will he do well?

He's got his work cut out

Comment

Would of been very good for us
      Under Les Ferdinand:
      Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
      Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
      Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
      Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
      And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

Him and Chris Colman will be battling in league 1 next season.

Comment

He's a neither here nor there manager for me.

Just ticks along. Nothing special. New manager boost should help them stay up though.

Comment

Rode the Brendan Rodgers/Laudrup wave at Swansea, inherited a good side playing good football and gradually regressed them.

Typical 'he's a prem manager' reputation.

He's not necessarily crap, but has proved nothing.
            Last edited by topperharley; 05-03-2018, 07:40 AM.

Comment

Fair play to him for taking job with big risk of them dropping as many would have avoided so does show he’s willing to put his name on the line in an effort to keep learning his trade. Surely he will have break clause in event they drop or perhaps he just does want to learn

Fourth club in two years I think so going get reputation for always being on the move

Comment

Personally think he's showing himself to be a tad naive. You never join a club that's been managed by redknapp. Can't see him turning it around.
                I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

tough job to get them out of the mire probably going down and looking to next season

Comment

If they survive he will get money in the summer to build a side I guess. They're rolling in it.

Massive job to keep them up though. Well done Harry.

Comment

Just an egotistical pr*ck who should have stayed at Leeds and actually prove he is a decent manager.

They're going down and so is his reputation.

Comment

The question, would you have Mccarthy has been asked, so how about Monk?

Has he just not found a club that suits him?... Ive always said it about our squad that imho we have the talent to be top end of this league. Just need to be managed properly (formation/players in right positions/use of subs etc). Do reckon Monk couldve been that manager?
                        SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
                          He's got his work cut out
                          Was about to say the same mate. Poisoned chalice that job. Rowett was doing a half decent job with a very limited group of players, the 3 managers since have been pretty dreadful. I think they've really got a squad of misfits, a legacy of too many managerial changes in a short period of time. Would be a very impressive feat if Monk was able to get them playing and keep them up.

That said, those sides at the bottom are picking up so few points that 2 wins on the bounce would make things look totally different. So you never know, far stranger things have happened!

Comment

Talks a good game but wherever he goes he leaves under a cloud. His reputation is bigger than what is warranted. He will land up blaming everyone else if it goes wrong so has nothing to lose. Popular with the fans but then they did hail Redknapp as the next Messiah.

Comment

i think monk is getting a lot of stick for no reason. personally i've always viewed him as a good up and coming manager, he did a decent job at swansea up until his sacking at at middlesbrough he was sacked because gibson thought that brough's players were more suited to defensive type football rather than the attacking style that monk likes to play.

he hasn't really had a proper chance to spend time at a club to really show what he can do but his results and league finishes have always been pretty consistent

Comment

Working...
                              X