• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vespa View Post
    Jimmy Rimmer !

Comment

Frank fraser would have enjoyed sorting out our problems

Comment

I have a feeling that of that crop of players, he's the one who looks to have real managerial potential, more so than Nevilles, Gigs & etc.

Trouble is we've blown it so many times on this front that we're no longer in a position to take a punt.

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
          I have a feeling that of that crop of players, he's the one who looks to have real managerial potential, more so than Nevilles, Gigs & etc.

Trouble is we've blown it so many times on this front that we're no longer in a position to take a punt.
          They might take a punt with a Championship London side.

Comment

Originally posted by acricketer View Post
            They might take a punt with a Championship London side.
            yeah but we've done little or no experience (CR, JFH) and it hasn't zackly worked out. Hard to justify again. Having said that Lampard has more to recommend him than the other names of his generation. We'll see.

Comment

If we’re going down inexperienced but with huge potential Danny Murphy would be my pick

Comment

Top players very rarely make good managers.

Comment

Neither do s hit ones as were currently finding out

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                    Neither do s hit ones as were currently finding out
                    Westie we are from the same era but i dont know how old you were when you started watching the rangers. I have to completely disagree with you. Holloway was a fantastic player and was a massive cog in a team that was extremely successful. Cant agree with you at all. Holloway might not be a great manager but he was a brillant player. Not flair but you cant say you rated henry and then say ollie was sh ite, he was 100 times the player karl ever was.
                    I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                      Westie we are from the same era but i dont know how old you were when you started watching the rangers. I have to completely disagree with you. Holloway was a fantastic player and was a massive cog in a team that was extremely successful. Cant agree with you at all. Holloway might not be a great manager but he was a brillant player. Not flair but you cant say you rated henry and then say ollie was sh ite, he was 100 times the player karl ever was.
                      Wouldn't say Holloway was a brilliant player. A good, workmanlike player in a brilliant team but never a brilliant player himself. I could've looked a million dollars (about £600K) passing the ball 3 yards to Butch Wilkins every week.

Agree he was 100 times the player Karl Henry was though (and similar in style).

Comment

He was not brilliant he ran around a lot breaking up play. Solid player I would say brilliant no f ucking chance

Comment

Nope and I hope he fails as a manager....especially if he ever gets the Chelsea job

Comment

You don't half spout some hot air.

Workmanlike midfielder who got stuck in, and covered a lot of ground. Would have let you off if you'd referred to a few of the other regular starters in that midfield (Impey, Sinton, Wilkins, Sinclair) as brilliant. Ollie was just the workhorse in there that let the rest play a bit. Did his job very well, but to refer to him as brilliant is over-egging the pudding in a very big way!

Better player than he is a manager by a very long way though, I'll give you that much!

Comment

Brilliant? Never thought I'd see the word brilliant associated with Holloway. - Zero to hero Simon Barker was the 'massive cog' if there was such a thing in that midfield era of the club. Holloway deserves credit for consistently playing way above his level by putting a shift in every week. That certainly doesn't make him brilliant though, no way.

Comment

he was a brillant player
                                I was there too when he arrived, and I'm sorry but there was no way you could describe him as brilliant.

Today he's be a useful holding MF at this level, a good break up merchant. What I can tell you is that he was certainly a better player than manager when you look at his overall career.

Comment

Working...
                                X