Boring Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kenthoop View Post
    You asked a pretty simple question and I gave an honest answer! If you really meant "when was the last time we played like Barcelona and spanked someone" I'd have prepared something different!
    But he didn't ask that he asked when we last played well for the full 90mins and the first half against Bolton was pretty poor.

Comment

To be honest after the last few years a boring season is exactly what we need. Stabilise and move forward- yes the football is not great but there is the makings of a decent squad there. I would say that 15th is probably the best we can hope for but we are improving off the field despite what some might think. We are bringing through decent youngsters and holding on to our better senior players.

This is what The we want our Rangers back squad wanted wasn’t it?

It’s not going to happen over night.

And for the record no I don’t think Holloway is the right Man for the job - far too emotional

Comment

Nowhere near as boring as the season under JFH

Comment

Funny enough even if you go back to Rotherham Home last season, a game we won 5-1 but it was not a great game by any stretch and first half we were awful not sure how we went in ahead at HT but we did. So even a 5-1 win was dull as i remember. My Daughters 1st game too :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Itsonlyagame View Post
            Think it’s official then.
            The football is so sh it when someone starts a thread about it we end up talking about the weather.
            I'd laugh if it wasn't absolutely true.
            Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
            Pawel Wszolek - 6
            Luke Freeman - 6
            Matt Smith - 6
            Ebere Eze - 4
            Joel Lynch - 3
            Tomer Hemed - 3
            Toni Leistner - 2
            Massimo Luongo- 2
            Angel Rangel - 2
            Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
            Geoff Cameron - 1
            Aramide Oteh - 1
            Jake Bidwell - 1
            Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
              Beg to differ but all about opinions

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post
                Parts of scotland getting it as bad as us,no let up,blizzard has lasted for the past 8 hours ,enerous snow drifts and main roads under 6 inches of snow,hills forget about (as I found out,my car ended up in ditch),they will make a movie out of this some day with the rock lifting people from cars as the hero
                I’m stuck in London, unable to return home (near Dundee). Spoke to my Mrs and everything is closed. Tescos unable to deliver. schools closed, no trains and no buses. Literally nothing running north of Newcastle. Never seen the like.

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                  Beg to differ but all about opinions
                  Both sh*te though to be fair

Comment

Originally posted by qprjeff1882 View Post
                    Rebel i have loads of relatives in Cork. Didn't think it was gonna snow there until Thursday according to our weather forecast. Been snowing most of the day here near Heathrow but not that thick. Lots of wind but supposed to be getting bad here Thursday and Friday. Stay safe. My dad is down in Paignton Devon, they gonna get it bad too.
                    Thanks my friend,we have been snowed in all day with everyone now waiting for storm emma to arrive BUT I think the east coast will get the worst of it ( dublin)

Comment

Thanks for this thread about the quality of football and an updated weather forecast. We all knew that it was unlikely we'd bounce back up this year, but what's different is that Ollie has made going to games, even following games utterly painful. He's stubborn, he plays a system that clearly doesn't work or fit the players we have, he's antagonistic towards fans, and he's increasingly looking unhinged. Was excited in the beginning because he brought passion to the role after JFH; now he just brings us down with taunts and tirades while we witness consistent mediocrity on the field.

Comment

Both sh*te though to be fair
                        No objection from me on that we’re on same page

Comment

Originally posted by Qprtanpa1 View Post
                          Thanks for this thread about the quality of football and an updated weather forecast. We all knew that it was unlikely we'd bounce back up this year, but what's different is that Ollie has made going to games, even following games utterly painful. He's stubborn, he plays a system that clearly doesn't work or fit the players we have, he's antagonistic towards fans, and he's increasingly looking unhinged. Was excited in the beginning because he brought passion to the role after JFH; now he just brings us down with taunts and tirades while we witness consistent mediocrity on the field.
                          thank god we're not at home tomorrow as i wouldn't want to go after reading that , can't fault any of it as it's all true

Comment

Agree with you actually.

That was mind numbingly boring stuff.

Comment

Thing is, it's a carbon copy of last season and you just know next season will be same again. I've cobbled together a combined league table for this season and last that just illustrates we're mired in a little group of perpetually poor clubs and emphasises the gulf between us and upwardly mobile clubs. Even just comparing our goal difference to Fulham over 80 games is shocking...... they're on +48 and we're on -27, what a difference in fun and entertainment!
                              Here's the complete 80-game league table for last season and this season, omitting teams that were not in Championship last term, apologies if the formatting goes to pot:

Team P W D L GD Pts
                              1 Fulham 80 38 25 17 48 139
                              2 Derby 80 34 25 21 26 133
                              3 Wolves 80 38 17 25 27 131
                              4 Cardiff 80 37 18 25 22 129
                              5 Leeds 80 36 16 28 18 124
                              6 Reading 80 34 17 29 -5 119
                              7 Sheff wed 80 32 22 26 8 118
                              8 Norwich 80 32 21 27 -13 117
                              9 Brentford 80 31 21 28 19 114
                              10 Preston 80 28 28 23 8 113
                              11 Bristol C 80 29 21 30 2 108