No announcement yet.

Boring Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No I asked for a good performance in both halves of a game not 15 or 20 minutes here and there. Birmingham away last February sticks in my mind.

Comment

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
      No I asked for a good performance in both halves of a game not 15 or 20 minutes here and there. Birmingham away last February sticks in my mind.
      Just because we didn't score in the first half v Bolton doesn't mean we were sh*t though - we more or less dominated the half, Smith could've had a hat trick! Granted it wasn't free flowing, but we were in no danger of losing that game at any point.

Comment

Originally posted by kenthoop View Post
        Just because we didn't score in the first half v Bolton doesn't mean we were sh*t though - we more or less dominated the half, Smith could've had a hat trick! Granted it wasn't free flowing, but we were in no danger of losing that game at any point.
        Glad you said that - it wasn't a sparkling performance in that first half but there was a very clear change of tactics from previous games (something to do with their entire team being over 10 foot tall) and the team made a good job of trying to play to a plan. And yes, we could have been out of sight too.
        #standuptocancer
        #inyourfacecancer

Comment

id be inclined to go back as far as leeds under jimmy at home

Comment

The points were never in danger but the performance was dreadful in my opinion. Sums up the title of the thread for me.

Comment

You asked a pretty simple question and I gave an honest answer! If you really meant "when was the last time we played like Barcelona and spanked someone" I'd have prepared something different!

Great answer.

Comment

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
                We were good that day, but Birmingham were really bad.

We were actually good in the 2nd half the weekend before against Huddersfield too. But only after going 2-0 in the first half. Started with a 3-5-2, and only got into the game when we switched to 4-4-2. Sound familiar? Whole year on and the manager is still making the same obvious mistakes.

Comment

Apparently football has improved and we significantly better

As for Bolton better side yes decent 90mins no but we won which gave us three more points job done

Comment

Cheers Tarbie. That was the angle I was looking at. A settled side and formation with players playing in their best positions will increase the chance of consistent performances and a better style of play.

Comment

Not football related but are you guys getting the same unbelievable level of snow that we in cork we getting now,I'm 52 and iv never seen the likes,blizzard since 3.00 today ,thunder and lighting,beast meets storm emma =perfect storm. Thousands of cars abandoned, everything closed ,half a foot of snow on main roads ,red warning alart, stuck where I am now for the next few days at least with no car,but I'm one of the lucky ones because at least I'm inside.

Comment

There's a Noreaster arriving tomorrow on the East coast. They're always a bit scary. 70mph winds, torrential rain turning to snow later on.

Comment

Parts of scotland getting it as bad as us,no let up,blizzard has lasted for the past 8 hours ,enerous snow drifts and main roads under 6 inches of snow,hills forget about (as I found out,my car ended up in ditch),they will make a movie out of this some day with the rock lifting people from cars as the hero

Comment

Sounds like a Canadian spring
                            Minds Are Like Parachutes.
                            Work Best When Open...
                            @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Rebel i have loads of relatives in Cork. Didn't think it was gonna snow there until Thursday according to our weather forecast. Been snowing most of the day here near Heathrow but not that thick. Lots of wind but supposed to be getting bad here Thursday and Friday. Stay safe. My dad is down in Paignton Devon, they gonna get it bad too.

Comment

Think it’s official then.
                                The football is so sh it when someone starts a thread about it we end up talking about the weather.
                                “He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long”
                                Will Danaher

Comment

Working...
                                X