Fantasty Island, us ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
    I do place a bit more value to posts from people who go and especially those who go to away games. It is not that they are necessarily better supporters but I feel their view carries a bit more weight as they are seeing and experiencing things first hand.
    Fair enough.

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
      Yes, I find that as well but as you say there may be all number of reasons why people don't attend including often posters who have moved away but used to regularly attend.
      I may get shot down for this but I will admit I do place a bit more value to posts from people who go and especially those who go to away games. It is not that they are necessarily better supporters but I feel their view carries a bit more weight as they are seeing and experiencing things first hand.
      i value opinions from fans who go to every game more than i do fans who rarely go but thats only coz they're seeing stuff first hand and thus have a more informed opinion.
      i hate it though when people get called out for not attending games as thats just darn childish, theres a whole host of reasons why people can't go to games but to call a fellow fan out for not going is just a d*ck move imo. we all love and hate qpr at the end of the day and all want whats best for us

Comment

Originally posted by corbray View Post
        i value opinions from fans who go to every game more than i do fans who rarely go but thats only coz they're seeing stuff first hand and thus have a more informed opinion.
        i hate it though when people get called out for not attending games as thats just darn childish, theres a whole host of reasons why people can't go to games but to call a fellow fan out for not going is just a d*ck move imo. we all love and hate qpr at the end of the day and all want whats best for us
        I do that with hits on a regular basis but he takes it the right way as a bit of banter.
        Well I hope he does

Comment

What is a supporter? Surely someone who financially supports the club by paying to watch or buy official merchandise?

Comment

Originally posted by knocker View Post
            What is a supporter? Surely someone who financially supports the club by paying to watch or buy official merchandise?
            Yes but you can include people who used to go and do the same. They may have moved away or suffered hardship. I have a great mate who lives in Sweden for instance. He used to go with us home and away all through the late seventies and eighties and still watches us every time he comes back. Clearly his attendance is limited but for me he had earned a lot of kudos for back then. I had no qualms about sorting him a playoff final ticket. There are probably loads of people like him.
            These are different to those on here who have never been.

Comment

I like LFW very much, although it has a completely different flavour to here, but that's not to say it's better. The denizens of LFW do seem to look down on this site though, it regularly gets a good slagging. Personally I really like this site precisely because it is down to earth. The fake org I never look at.

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
                I like LFW very much, although it has a completely different flavour to here, but that's not to say it's better. The denizens of LFW do seem to look down on this site though, it regularly gets a good slagging. Personally I really like this site precisely because it is down to earth. The fake org I never look at.
                A touch of class snobbery might explain that. You get more middle-class eloquent types on there I notice. LFW is like the Guardian/Telegraph to WATRB's Sun/Mirror - a generalisation granted. It attracts a different demographic though, which is perfectly healthy & natural I guess. I rarely visit there though, so may be off the mark in all that.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                  A touch of class snobbery might explain that. You get more middle-class eloquent types on there I notice. LFW is like the Guardian/Telegraph to WATRB's Sun/Mirror - a generalisation granted. It attracts a different demographic though, which is perfectly healthy & natural I guess. I rarely visit there though, so may be off the mark in all that.
                  Yes, although (as you say) that is a generalisation, I do know what you mean.
                  That politics thread on there last year drove me potty especially one poster. Ironically I find I agree with a lot of what he says about QPR though so it just goes to show what a leveller football can be.

Comment

Never look at LFW threads, but I read their match report, which I enjoy.

Comment

Originally posted by IsleworthRanger View Post
                      Its very rare I look on LFW though its a cracking site when I remember to do so but I am surprised that one of the posters involved was not banned ages ago as always came across as a bit mental
                      Is that because you're too busy on our "sister site"?

Comment

LFW? Clive?

Too fond of Uncle's butt. Just saying it like we all know it is.

There is really no hope for our club until we get a bit more medieval on the people running it. We're all far too polite.

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
                          LFW? Clive?

Too fond of Uncle's butt. Just saying it like we all know it is.

There is really no hope for our club until we get a bit more medieval on the people running it. We're all far too polite.
                          Of course you are entitled to your opinion, but you shouldn't assume we all share it.

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                            Yes, I don't know how he remembers all that stuff. Someone told me he never makes any notes!

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                              I go one there every few days but hardly post. I'd probably go on there more but some of the threads mess up visually on my phone where the white and blue mixes halfway across the words and is very hard to read. Most threads that it happens to i just turn it off and can't be ar$ed as it does my eyes in. But i do find it quite hard to get in any 'relationship' with anyone though unlike on here (no homo, i think you know what i mean). Here i find everyone a lot more friendly and easier to talk to. Find the banter on here more fun too.
                              And going on the 'supporter' part. I think anyone that has either been for years, or no longer goes regular for what ever reason are all supporters. We all have an interest in the club. We all look out for the clubs best interests. There are many ways in which to support your club. I know Shania has never been but wouldn't class her any different to anyone else. She's a regular poster and we all know she would love to go regular if she could so she's the same as anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by qprjeff1882 View Post
                                I go one there every few days but hardly post. I'd probably go on there more but some of the threads mess up visually on my phone where the white and blue mixes halfway across the words and is very hard to read. Most threads that it happens to i just turn it off and can't be ar$ed as it does my eyes in. But i do find it quite hard to get in any 'relationship' with anyone though unlike on here (no homo, i think you know what i mean). Here i find everyone a lot more friendly and easier to talk to. Find the banter on here more fun too.
                                And going on the 'supporter' part. I think anyone that has either been for years, or no longer goes regular for what ever reason are all supporters. We all have an interest in the club. We all look out for the clubs best interests. There are many ways in which to support your club. I know Shania has never been but wouldn't class her any different to anyone else. She's a regular poster and we all know she would love to go regular if she could so she's the same as anyone.
                                Yes, that is really annoying. Makes it virtually impossible to read without zooming in on the dark blue.

Comment

Working...
                                X