Strikers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strikers

Thought I would look up stats for our strikers.

Smith - goal every 176 mins
    Washington - every 353 mins
    Sylla - every 228.5 mins
    Mackie - every 307.5 mins

No massive surprises there. Does make me think though if we had more consistent service we have Smith already scoring 1 in 2 on average. Could do even better. Ok I know ability wise he isn't Sir Les resurrected but given how light most people view us up top not bad. Sylla not too far behind. Do feel a decent finisher at this level and, again with right service, could do well. All of a sudden we have two players scoring every other game which in theory would make them 20 goal a season strikers, not allowing for injuries, suspensions etc.

Other two I would argue not out and out strikers but could add pace when needed in games and/or play wide as well.

So yes I think we do need more up top but if we played right formation could potentially do better with what we have. Couple of youngsters on the fringe as well.

i've been coming since the 70's and this is the poorest group of strikers i can remember and i've seen some bad 'uns

Comment

Tend to agree they are pretty dire. However Sylla was showing promise and decent enough finisher but has gone backwards under Ollie. Smith is just a big lump but goals per minute pretty good based on inconsistent service. Not a lot to hang your hat on but if they were played regularly with reasonable service both could realistically be 15 goal a season strikers.

Jamie is just a runner so can agitate against tired legs from the bench and add the odd goal. CW generally a very poor finisher, another runner. Willing, reasonable first touch but that's about it.

Oteh and Smyth who can tell at this stage.

Comment

Smith needs more service in the box.

Would also add that I very rarely ever see him use his feet. Should take a few pops because he has a decent strike on him.

Comment

Best form of defence is attack. Rules apply in every league.

Comment

This is one of our biggest problems, it's not like they don't get chances in spite of the system we're playing, just not good enough and if you can't score you won't get many results especially when clean sheets are about as rare as a Mountie on Uxbridge Road!
            @gatorTFC

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
              Thought I would look up stats for our strikers.

Washington - every 353 mins
              Sylla - every 228.5 mins

No massive surprises there.
              Certainly not to me, I posted his mpg ratio a little while back which is exceptional considering the service he has received here and elsewhere.

And to think some people rated Polter. Then again, some people found Colin wanting. Say no more.

Comment

would love to know the shots to goals ratio for those 4 strikers.... could anyone dig up that stat?

whers nasser when you need him.
                nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Where is nasser full stop. Seems to have disappeared of late.

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post

Washington - every 353 cycles of the moon
                    Sylla - every 228.5 mins
                    Corrected the typo, Fox

Comment

If we played with wingers he'd score even more goals. He's efficient infront of goal just needs the service.
                      "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

Originally posted by SuperHoopNik View Post
                        If we played with wingers he'd score even more goals. He's efficient infront of goal just needs the service.
                        Though I'd bet if we played with wingers and just Matt Smith in the box then the wingers would be marked out of the game and he'd get fck all chances.

You know....the luck of the Rangers.

What I'd like to see is more of is all of our players just having a shot more often than they do.
                        Last edited by Shepherds Mush; 28-02-2018, 03:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                          Corrected the typo, Fox
                          LOL

pretty much the same ratio as halleys comet.
                          nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Originally posted by SuperHoopNik View Post
                            This100%.
                            Wyszolek on the right and Freeman on the left.
                            Give them a run of 4 games this month and see what the results are.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                              Though I'd bet if we played with wingers and just Matt Smith in the box then the wingers would be marked out of the game and he'd get fck all chances.

You know....the luck of the Rangers.

What I'd like to see is more of is all of our players just having a shot more often than they do.
                              Smith and Smyth, Oteh or Eve in a 442.

Comment

Working...
                              X