Some of the best times support QPR was in lower leagues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some of the best times support QPR was in lower leagues

Controversial I know but I loved the days of travelling to the Grimsbys, Swindons and Cheltenham Towns of the Football League so apart from the embarassment and the stick I would get I would happily do it all over again

We have been punching above our weight for many years now and who honestly enjoyed the Premier apart from a few great games against Chelsea and Liverpool etc which were really few and far between

Of course I would rather we stayed up and improved year on year but I would still carry on watching us whatever league we were in but I suppose we simply cannot afford to get relegated anymore because the huge financial pressures not just on us but every club bar those in the top half of the Premier

Originally posted by IsleworthRanger View Post
    Controversial I know but I loved the days of travelling to the Grimsbys, Swindons and Cheltenham Towns of the Football League so apart from the embarassment and the stick I would get I would happily do it all over again

We have been punching above our weight for many years now and who honestly enjoyed the Premier apart from a few great games against Chelsea and Liverpool etc which were really few and far between

Of course I would rather we stayed up and improved year on year but I would still carry on watching us whatever league we were in but I suppose we simply cannot afford to get relegated anymore because the huge financial pressures not just on us but every club bar those in the top half of the Premier

would rather see Qpr in the premier league than down in league 1 and two..... with all the money involved, just a couple of years in the prem, with a shrewd chairman, could secure the club for the future.

going down to league 1 and two will only bring out the buckets.

i understand the nostalgia of your post mate, but its not for the best interests of our club.
    nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Originally posted by IsleworthRanger View Post

Not so controversial mate, I feel the same. When we went down to the 1st under Holloway we were really bonded: team, manager, club, fans. We were a tribe, Loftus Road was our cave. I went to our first away game of that season at Bury, and I went to several more away games and pretty much every home game that season and the next, right up until we got promoted at Hillsborough (apart from when I was in Oz for a fair chunk of 2003). It was a fantastic journey that we all went on for those two seasons and I enjoyed it immensely. The only season I've enjoyed as much since then was our promotion season under Warnock.

I never thought then I'd end up disliking Holloway as much as I do now.

Comment

Definately not in the best interests at all for the club but being relegated would not stop many of us going

Remember Man City dropped a couple of leagues just a few years ago and although they are the exception what with the Wigans, Portsmouths and Coventrys you just never know in football

Comment

Agree with the sentiment.....definitely don't want to go back there though. If we are destined to bumble around the Championship for a while (I hope!) then the way to get a bit of excitement back into it is to give the cups a proper go FFS. Let's see a bit of ambition at least.

Comment

I'd still go but no way in hell did I enjoy being in League 1. Horrible league.
            Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
            Pawel Wszolek - 6
            Luke Freeman - 6
            Matt Smith - 6
            Ebere Eze - 4
            Joel Lynch - 3
            Tomer Hemed - 3
            Toni Leistner - 2
            Massimo Luongo- 2
            Angel Rangel - 2
            Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
            Geoff Cameron - 1
            Aramide Oteh - 1
            Jake Bidwell - 1
            Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Lower leagues was good for a season going new places, winning week in week out but that was more then enough for me would be a tragedy but if we ended up back there

Comment

Agree Lower Leagues were good fun but nowhere near as good fun as 72-77 0r 81-96 when we were in the Top division.

Comment

Remember watching us at home to grimsby. Weather was dreadful, about 8,000 of us and thinking to myself never again. I know many fans go for the social and watering holes and I think that's the angle of Isles post. I actually don't think we'd ever recover from a relegation this time around and I'd fear for us
                  I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
                    Not so controversial mate, I feel the same. When we went down to the 1st under Holloway we were really bonded: team, manager, club, fans. We were a tribe, Loftus Road was our cave. I went to our first away game of that season at Bury, and I went to several more away games and pretty much every home game that season and the next, right up until we got promoted at Hillsborough (apart from when I was in Oz for a fair chunk of 2003). It was a fantastic journey that we all went on for those two seasons and I enjoyed it immensely. The only season I've enjoyed as much since then was our promotion season under Warnock.

I never thought then I'd end up disliking Holloway as much as I do now.
                    Couldn't agree more. Fun element seems to have largely gone.

We had some great characters. Still have promotion DVD.

We were still carp away from home! Lost more than we won even in the promotion year. However rest made up for it.

Comment

Yeah, I quite liked it too Isles, standing in stands with no seats much better imo. If we were in there again obviously it would be a shame but wouldn't stop me watching when I could.
                      I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Originally posted by Hertford Hoop View Post
                        Yeah, I quite liked it too Isles, standing in stands with no seats much better imo. If we were in there again obviously it would be a shame but wouldn't stop me watching when I could.
                        I was thinking about that on Saturday watching the Ch 5 highlights program. Why have Burton still got terraces at their home end? Are they not required to have all seating now in the Championship

Comment

Like many are saying, I agree with the sentiment but wouldn't want us back there. Things aren't too bad. Holloway will go and we're not relegation candidates. I know things aren't great, but this our chances to put things write. Olly is a fruitcake, but he's kind of doing the job. Get through this season intact and we can slowly build again in the championship. We've got to be patient, which I know is easier said, especially after Saturday! I'm saving my despair for next season. For now, I will remain optimistic.

Comment

If it wasnt for poxy sunderland birmingham and burton then hollowhead could of brought us the good times back.

He cant even relegate us back to the good old days properly.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                              If it wasnt for poxy sunderland birmingham and burton then hollowhead could of brought us the good times back.

He cant even relegate us back to the good old days properly.
                              He's doing what he can. Give the guy a break.

Comment

Working...
                              X