No announcement yet.

Captain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Least of our probs, but nevertheless some teams really need a good old fashioned skipper. Arguably more important in rugby or cricket, but still massively relevant in football when the going gets tough.

Not really a football thing but a few people could take a leaf out of John Barclay's book, led from the front vs England the other day, off the park quiet and respectful bloke. In football terms he'd be a a bit of a throwback but exactly who you want in the trenches.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
      Seem to have an odd issue with Ned don't ya WeAre?
      One of the highest paid players at our club, he clearly is not worth that kind of money.

If he was on sale, how many clubs would put in a bid, it would have to be another pay off as he won't walk.

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post
        One of the highest paid players at our club, he clearly is not worth that kind of money.

If he was on sale, how many clubs would put in a bid, it would have to be another pay off as he won't walk.
        Don't understand your concern over his wages (how much is he on then btw MYU?) - you aren't paying his wage from your own account are you?

Personally think he would walk into another club, clubs better than us. Burnley were linked in Jan for starters (don't get me wrong, IMO, he is not a PL defender, but just stating).

Also, pay off? What are you on about? Isn't his contract up in the summer? We should be keeping him anyway, our best CB IMO (bar possibly Hall when fit but he seems farked now). For the level of club we are (ie bottom half championship) he is more than adequate, never understood those with an issue with Ned tbh. I would sooner have the club pay him, say, £25k a week than Lynch even £10k a week tbh. When he is gone (poss the summer), can't help but think those that are desperate for him to leave will be very disappointed with who replaces him...
        Last edited by MattyRangers; 02-03-2018, 08:47 AM.
        You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
          Don't understand your concern over his wages (how much is he on then btw MYU?) - you aren't paying his wage from your own account are you?

Personally think he would walk into another club, clubs better than us. Burnley were linked in Jan for starters (don't get me wrong, IMO, he is not a PL defender, but just stating).

Also, pay off? What are you on about? Isn't his contract up in the summer? We should be keeping him anyway, our best CB IMO (bar possibly Hall when fit but he seems farked now). For the level of club we are (ie bottom half championship) he is more than adequate, never understood those with an issue with Ned tbh. I would sooner have the club pay him, say, £25k a week than Lynch even £10k a week tbh. When he is gone (poss the summer), can't help but think those that are desperate for him to leave will be very disappointed with who replaces him...
          This. The odd error pales into insignificance when weighed against the number of times he puts himself in the way of something or someone goal bound. As for being a skipper he's the only one who bends the ref's ear about anything and he's first there when a team mate has been fouled and the hand bags come out. At our level he's more than good enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Alanwycombe View Post
            This. The odd error pales into insignificance when weighed against the number of times he puts himself in the way of something or someone goal bound. As for being a skipper he's the only one who bends the ref's ear about anything and he's first there when a team mate has been fouled and the hand bags come out. At our level he's more than good enough.
            Spot on

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
              I think many on here have said it means nothing and doesn't matter but since losing organizer's such as Ryan nelson and Richard dunne who is the player that will shout and give boll ockings when needed? Couldn't see us ever getting stuffed with that type of player playing.
              hmmmm... i do remember us getting stuffed with that type of player playing.

Comment

I quite like Ned, but look where we were when we signed him and look where we are now. He's been the mainstay of a shite defence for the 6 out of 7 years he's been here.

Decent player and I hope he stays if the money is ok. But I won't cry if he leaves.

Comment

Originally posted by bakes8 View Post
                  I quite like Ned, but look where we were when we signed him and look where we are now. He's been the mainstay of a shite defence for the 6 out of 7 years he's been here.

Decent player and I hope he stays if the money is ok. But I won't cry if he leaves.
                  Can’t argue with that bakes kind of mirrors my feelings

Comment

Originally posted by klonk View Post
                    hmmmm... i do remember us getting stuffed with that type of player playing.
                    you cannot make it up. I swear WeAre don’t think before posting half the time

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                      you cannot make it up. I swear WeAre don’t think before posting half the time
                      I think you need to read through this post again unless you want to dismiss all the posters that agreed with me. Come on mate you're better than this
                      I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

I think you need to read through this post again unless you want to dismiss all the posters that agreed with me. Come on mate you're better than this
                        ...but we did get stuffed (quite often) during the time that nelsen and dunne were with us.

i don't disagree that we lack an organiser... and for that matter some sort of "senior pro" in the squad (ned - too quiet - or mackie - too mackie - hardly seem ideal for that role).

i'm on the fence with ned... he's ok but makes a lot of costly individual mistakes. for the kind of wages that we're supposedly paying him (on the budget we have available), i'd want someone who makes these sort of mistakes once in a blue moon... not once a match. when we can scarcely keep a clean sheet, our hardly-razor-sharp attack need to score at least once to even have a shout of getting anything out of a match.

Comment

Originally posted by klonk View Post
                          ...but we did get stuffed (quite often) during the time that nelsen and dunne were with us.

i don't disagree that we lack an organiser... and for that matter some sort of "senior pro" in the squad (ned - too quiet - or mackie - too mackie - hardly seem ideal for that role).

i'm on the fence with ned... he's ok but makes a lot of costly individual mistakes. for the kind of wages that we're supposedly paying him (on the budget we have available), i'd want someone who makes these sort of mistakes once in a blue moon... not once a match. when we can scarcely keep a clean sheet, our hardly-razor-sharp attack need to score at least once to even have a shout of getting anything out of a match.
                          Costly mistakes once a match? Must have missed those.
                          You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

No your point was we never got stuffed when we did

Comment

ned gets stick because he looks so uncomfortable on the ball , he's very good with blocks , last ditch tackles and u can never fault his effort . he is clumsy and has caused us problems , he doesn't have the poise of either hall or robinson and isn't a natural footballer . i'd offer him a new deal at lower wages

Comment

Working...
                              X