Most liked QPR manager

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Warnock.
    Could never vote for someine who broke my heart for the very first time in my life.

Comment

El Tell, but could have easily been Warnock.

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
        Gordon Jago
        Originally posted by lymehoop View Post
        definitely deserves a mention, but for me Alec Stock (he started the show rolling)
        Originally posted by acricketer View Post
        Gordon Jago is a favourite of mine. Started the mindset and framework for '75/76 season
        Originally posted by Alanwycombe View Post
        Gordon Jago - set off the whole modern era of the club and laid the foundations for Sexton to go on with our best ever team. Can you ever see us finishing second in the league again? It's one of six maybe seven every year, with a Leicester once in a generation.
        Originally posted by Kit View Post
        I went with Venables over Sexton only because TV built a side whereas that 75/76 side was 3/4 built by Jago........what a side it was though.
        Agreed, poll isn't complete without Jago. He would definitely have got votes.

Comment

Dave Sexton was the manager of our most entertaining team, they played the best football and very nearly beat a very good Liverpool team to the title.
          I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Jim Smith

Comment

Sorry but Warnock isn’t in the same league as Sexton, Francis or Venables or Stock ! Great winning the Championship but the other sides had real swagger, Warnock had Adel.
              Precisely. But I can't decide between these four for a host of reasons. However, if forced I would go for Sexton because the football was breathtaking pretty much all of the time
              #standuptocancer
              #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Sorry but Warnock isn’t in the same league as Sexton, Francis or Venables or Stock ! Great winning the Championship but the other sides had real swagger, Warnock had Adel.

NW at the end of his first coming brought in JB & SWP which was the beginning of the end of the 4 year plan and sowed the seeds imho for us not pushing forward in the prem. Sparky admittedly completely ruined any hope.
                Other managers on the list took us to a new level, NW did well but if greatness is based on winning the championship then Holloway must closing in on being half way there.
                I go with Francis, accept your favourite manager is going to have a generational attachment but the fact we had so much goodwill from across the footballing world when we went up under NW was largely down to the teams Francis turned out in the early 90s ...
                Last edited by TBLOCKRANGER; 23-02-2018, 12:00 AM.

Comment

How the phook HR did so well at Spurs and nearly ended up as England manager is beyond me.

Comment

TV for me , loved going to rangers back then

Comment

I just can't understand why not a single vote for our beloved aisn Holloway

Comment

Originally posted by acricketer View Post
                        How the phook HR did so well at Spurs and nearly ended up as England manager is beyond me.
                        Gareth Bale.

Comment

Originally posted by corbray View Post
                          warnock for me but i'm young
                          Same as that mate. 3 on the list were before my time. And even Gerry Francis, I only really remember the last few years of his time at the club!
                          Last edited by Tarbie; 23-02-2018, 05:24 AM.

Comment

Sexton was just before my time and Venables was great while here but Gerry for me first time around was brilliant and gave us a team that we could be proud of and go and compete with the big boys.

Comment

Loved Warnock tbf. That promotion year was unbelievable, most enjoyable year I have had as a fan by a country mile.
                              You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Gordon Jago for me too as stated started the upsurge brought in Bowles Thomas Givens, virtually his team that finished runners up in 1976 although Dave Sexton got all the Credit for it

Comment

Working...
                                X