Most liked QPR manager

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
    Agreed, poll isn't complete without Jago. He would definitely have got votes.

Can you add Jago Stan, so people can vote for him?

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
      Can you add Jago Stan, so people can vote for him?
      Bit late now mate. His votes have already been cast elsewhere, so poll wouldn't reflect accurately if added now. No worries though.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
        Bit late now mate. His votes have already been cast elsewhere, so poll wouldn't reflect accurately if added now. No worries though.
        Ah, okay, fair enough. Basically those 4 'other' votes are all for him anyway, so 'other' equals Gordon Jago. Christ knows why I put Magilton in, it should have been Jago!

Comment

Trevor Francis, Steve Burtenshaw, Tommy Doc, Paulo, Wilko and even Dowie could have been added. Dowie having quite a good win ratio
          I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Originally posted by lymehoop View Post
            definitely deserves a mention, but for me Alec Stock (he started the show rolling)
            why has my vote for Stock not been registered? I have a British passport ffs
            I must away now, I can no longer tarry
            This morning's tempest I have to cross
            I must be guided without a stumble
            Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Alec Stock was largely responsible for dragging this club out of the mediocrity where it had languished pretty much forever. TF had done more than anyone since to reverse that situation, despite his intentions.

Dowie btw has better stats for us than most people on the list.....

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
                Alec Stock was largely responsible for dragging this club out of the mediocrity where it had languished pretty much forever. TF had done more than anyone since to reverse that situation, despite his intentions.

Dowie btw has better stats for us than most people on the list.....
                I forgot about Dowie. For the short time he was here I thought he did a great job. Was surprised and disappointed when the fat man showed him the door.
                Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                Pawel Wszolek - 6
                Luke Freeman - 6
                Matt Smith - 6
                Ebere Eze - 4
                Joel Lynch - 3
                Tomer Hemed - 3
                Toni Leistner - 2
                Massimo Luongo- 2
                Angel Rangel - 2
                Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                Geoff Cameron - 1
                Aramide Oteh - 1
                Jake Bidwell - 1
                Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by Hertford Hoop View Post
                  Trevor Francis, Steve Burtenshaw, Tommy Doc, Paulo, Wilko and even Dowie could have been added. Dowie having quite a good win ratio

With respect mate, I think it's highly unlikely anyone would vote for any of those, except perhaps Timmy the Doc.

Comment

Reckon Don Howe is best I've seen, particularly when Bobby Gould did stint as no.2. Our tactics, shape, formation were very fluid under him but always spot on..... he definitely understood the game and knew how to set us up to get results and play nice football. I can't remember precise circumstances but I felt owners jettisoned him far too soon and purely cos he was a bit old and dour and not a "personality" like say, El Tel. Think it was "health reasons" that led to him going but I thought that was just a convenient cover story. To this day I still believe getting rid of Don Howe was the catalyst for a sustained period of decline into administration and third tier.

Comment

Dowie - ledge !

Comment

Thought bobby Gould was long ball merchant

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                          Thought bobby Gould was long ball merchant
                          he was at wimbledon

Comment

With respect mate, I think it's highly unlikely anyone would vote for any of those, except perhaps Timmy the Doc.
                            I might . One of those was our manager when I saw us play live for the first time.

Comment

Very true but Holloway, Magilton and Smith were in the list and I'd have the others ahead of them
                              I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

I am very surprised Gordon Jago is not on the list.

If memory serves me right, he bought Stan Bowles, Don Givens, Phil Parkes and Dave Thomas.

Probably quite a few other players as well who became the best team this club has had and willever have.
                                I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

Working...
                                X