After last matcha me and olly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
    Thing is, Ollie can dish it out, but he can't take it. A football manager needs to have a bloody thick skin, it goes with the territory, and Holloway should surely know that by now.

As an objective analysis, Oslo's post is pretty spot on, but of course football and the emotions that go with it are far from objective. And Internet forums only magnify this. I agree some of the abuse Holloway, the board and some of the players get on here and on twitter is out of order. But Holloway does himself no favours when he acts like Lewes reports. He's a hothead, with a massive ego and IMO a bit of therapy wouldn't go amiss.
    Great post Hud

Comment

Originally posted by Itsonlyagame View Post
      Pep at the helm and a lorry load of MDMA might just do it.

Comment

Originally posted by QPROslo View Post
        If we were in the relegation zone I would understand peoples frustrations. However, football is about results and Holloway does better than most of us predicted before the start of the season, Actually, a number of fans expected us to go right down, given the fact we spent mickey mouse money during the summer transfer window. These fans must be over the moon with where we are at the moment, sittingŷ pretty ten points above the drop zone. However, they rather call for Holloway's head. There is no logic to it and I really struggle to understand why they want to get rid of a person that they believe are overachieving in terms of points.

We cannot just keep sacking one manager per year and start all over again every year and expect this to give success. Most successful teams have continuity in terms of manager and backroom staff. Most unsuccessful teams keep changing again and again.

I would rather like us to build on what we have. With limited financial resources I think we do pretty well. We identify and sign good seasoned pros at a bargain (Freeman, Scowen, Baptiste, Smith) and find talented young gems (Smyth, Chair, BOS, Oteh) and develop some of our own (Eze, Furlong). We have got in place a better development and scouting system. This is down to Ferdinand. In Hoos I believe we have a very good CEO. Holloway, Birch, Ferdinand, Hoos and Tony seem to bond well and operate as a team. That's important.

We clearly have issues we need to address. Holloway said before the season started that he would pick a system he believed in and stick to it for the entire season. He has kept his promises. However, when he and his team evaluate the wing back system (352) at the end of the season I am convinced they will either ditch it or acquire players that fit the system for the coming season. They might have quite a number of potential new wing backs identified already. Many other teams play 352 and find it to work. I believe we will eventually get it to work as well, but only with new additions.

There is a vacancy after this coach left for Middelsbrough. I would rater we signed a great new coach that could complement Holloway. I would go for an experienced, tactically strong coach - like McLaren, if possible.

However, my major point is: We are ahead of where most of us expected us to be. Holloway needs to get credit for this. He isn't great, but he is doing fine and I want some stability for a change. It think this will serve us best in the long run. With the young talents coming through and 3-4 new signings I think we will find ourselves in the upper half next season and I will be happy with that, given the financial situation.

Finally, I sometimes find the abuse Holloway gets at this message board (and during some matches) pathetic. I am also frustrated with this wing back system, but it is no reasons to use the sort of language I see every now and then, given the fact we seem to grind out results quite often. If Holloway gets enough and vents his frustration I would actually forgive him. Taking this much abuse, I would surely not always manage to keep quiet, whether I was a representative of the club or not. It is simply human.
        Dare I say it.... top post. A rare voice of reason on here. Must be down to how well Norway are doing in the Olympics ( or Ollylimpics if we win on Saturday!)

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
          Thing is, Ollie can dish it out, but he can't take it. A football manager needs to have a bloody thick skin, it goes with the territory, and Holloway should surely know that by now.

As an objective analysis, Oslo's post is pretty spot on, but of course football and the emotions that go with it are far from objective. And Internet forums only magnify this. I agree some of the abuse Holloway, the board and some of the players get on here and on twitter is out of order. But Holloway does himself no favours when he acts like Lewes reports. He's a hothead, with a massive ego and IMO a bit of therapy wouldn't go amiss.
          Think he’s been down that road already Hubs. He’s certainly admitted to having anger management issues but maybe it’s it’s time he finally acknowledged his football management issues.
          “He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long”
          Will Danaher

Comment

Originally posted by Itsonlyagame View Post
            Pep at the helm and a lorry load of MDMA might just do it.
            After a draw.

'Get that bald clueless carnt out my club'.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
              After a draw.

http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Ollie's stubbornness is the cause of the vitriol. He doggedly sticks to a system that we know and see doesn't suit our players. He talks b0llox after every game, seems tactically inept from time to time and coats off the fans for wanting something better to watch. How many times have we heard "that's the worst I've seen this season", "they didn't turn up".

I'd love to see a run of games with 4 at the back, some width and an injection of pace. I think it would better suit our players some of whom might turn out better than we think they are!

Ollie brings the pressure on himself with no explanation or interest in finding out if we are punching our weight. This is the entertainment business and hats off especially to the away support for their loyalty and commitment given the almost inevitable loss at every away game. His record of wins draws and losses is less than sparkling, record runs of losses, leaky defences, blunt attacks, it all went adds up to questions being raised about is he really doing a good job.

I thought we would really struggle this season and am pleased with where we are. This is despite the manager and well done to the players for coping with the square peg strategy.

Comment

Originally posted by acricketer View Post
                  Ollie's stubbornness is the cause of the vitriol. He doggedly sticks to a system that we know and see doesn't suit our players. He talks b0llox after every game, seems tactically inept from time to time and coats off the fans for wanting something better to watch. How many times have we heard "that's the worst I've seen this season", "they didn't turn up".

I'd love to see a run of games with 4 at the back, some width and an injection of pace. I think it would better suit our players some of whom might turn out better than we think they are!

Ollie brings the pressure on himself with no explanation or interest in finding out if we are punching our weight. This is the entertainment business and hats off especially to the away support for their loyalty and commitment given the almost inevitable loss at every away game. His record of wins draws and losses is less than sparkling, record runs of losses, leaky defences, blunt attacks, it all went adds up to questions being raised about is he really doing a good job.

I thought we would really struggle this season and am pleased with where we are. This is despite the manager and well done to the players for coping with the square peg strategy.
                  Excellent post acricketer. Perfect summation.

Comment

Thanks for posting that Oslo, that couldn't of been easy seeing as anyone that doesn't agree with the mainstream Ollie out brigade gets shot down quicker than an Argie jet in 1982.
                    I get the frustration of the system that Ollie plays, I truly do and I am defiantly not an Ollie fan, but I have also had to endure the constant revolving door of managers over the past years.
                    As you rightfully pointed out, we are where most of us expected us to be at this part of the season.
                    Also, I love the way that some seem to think we have a lineup of budding young managers knocking down the door to manage us.
                    Minds Are Like Parachutes.
                    Work Best When Open...
                    @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

All I can think of is Japanese green tea every time I see this thread now. Perhaps that's for the best as it lowers the blood pressure

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                        After a draw.

#givethespanish€untthespanisharcher
                        “He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long”
                        Will Danaher

Comment

Should have told him every game is a must win in and then fcked off.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                            All I can think of is Japanese green tea every time I see this thread now. Perhaps that's for the best as it lowers the blood pressure
                            For those who may think Stan is losing the plot:
                            Matcha is finely ground powder of specially grown and processed green tea leaves. It is special in two aspects of farming and processing: the green tea plants for matcha are shade-grown for about three ... Wikipedia
                            Minds Are Like Parachutes.
                            Work Best When Open...
                            @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Originally posted by QPROslo View Post
                              Taking this much abuse, I would surely not always manage to keep quiet, whether I was a representative of the club or not. It is simply human.
                              This is football. If you can't stand the heat, leave the kitchen. The players will not respect a manager who can't handle himself. Look at the abuse Wenger took in public, on a totally different planet to anything Ollie has had to put up with. Whatever else he did or did not do, Wenger never resorted to abusing the supporters.

Never mind the questionable tactics and selections, Ollie's behaviour strikes me as being borderline personality disorder. No one would care if he was good at his job, but you need to be reminded that JFH was sacked for failing to deliver results. It is therefore logical to suppose that Ollie was appointed with the idea of achieving more. He has failed to do this. Whether or not people on here thought we'd be relegated this term is completely irrelevant.

Whatever he has been in the past it is clear that the best we can expect under him now is stasis. That's not why he was given the job. I see him as a liability to the club, but as I always say the real idiots are the people who appointed him. If they're interested in revenue, they need to sort this fast.
                              Last edited by hal9thou; 22-02-2018, 03:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fraggy View Post
                                For those who may think Stan is losing the plot:

They should serve Green Tea in the Ellerslie.......

Comment

Working...
                                X